Author Topic: Jake Aarts [merged]  (Read 29563 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake Aarts [merged]
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2022, 12:11:16 PM »
Thanks Jake for playing your role, never a  star but gave his best for the team

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »
Jake Aarts (Richmond)

Jake Aarts has some AFL attributes, namely his toughness around the ball and work ethic.

He could still play a role for a team in need of a pressure small forward with midfield capabilities.

Following a lengthy apprenticeship in the VFL, Aarts played 42 games over three seasons with the Tigers. He showed in 2020, when playing 14 games in an eventual premiership team, that he is more than capable at the level.

His 2021 season when he kicked 18 goals in 21 outings was also an indication of what he can bring to the table.

Could Aarts, who won Richmond’s VFL best and fairest this year, be an experienced player for a rebuilding side like Hawthorn to have up their sleeve in case of emergency?

- by Andrew Slevison

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/10/17/the-delisted-players-who-should-be-given-another-chance/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2022, 03:24:35 PM »
Jake Aarts (Richmond)

At 27 years of age, Aarts still has plenty to offer as a pressure small forward with goalkicking nous. He was one of those fringe players who just fell out of favour at the wrong time in 2020 en route to the premiership. He was a reliable source for goals as well as score involvements during the 2020 and 2021 seasons before he endured a tougher run in 2022. He’s a weathered VFL performer and could be a good goalsneak for any clubs in need. Essendon has struggled to fill the void (currently) left by Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and they missed out on Toby Bedford this year despite showing interest, so Aarts could be a ready-made inclusion.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-delisted-free-agents-who-deserve-second-chance-trade-period-afl-draft-veterans-on-market-analysis/news-story/521e3dc2d7e0ea1db6323a55b82eeb99

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2022, 11:43:04 PM »
Just something we got wrong imo. Should never have been drafted imo.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2022, 07:04:02 AM »
I'm ok with him being drafted. And we needed to try another small forward with rioli, castagna and butler all losing potency. He was a tie over until mrj, Cumberland and Bolton hit their straps

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2022, 04:28:28 PM »
jakeaarts:
Very grateful to of been able to live each moment in these photos. Many highs but also many lows that have taught me so much about myself that I can take into my life and teach my friends & family. @richmond_fc it has been an absolute dream to live out for 8 years at the club and will miss everyone involved that’s helped me along the way. To those who I leant on not only when the times were good but when they were tough (you all know who you are) I love you all very much and thank you for making me the best person I can be to be able to show up every day, play and train with pride I wouldn’t of done it without you lot ❤️❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl-9OD0vsYC/

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2023, 07:57:59 PM »
Has signed to play for my local team Dromana

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond