Author Topic: List management: Keep, trade, retire or delist  (Read 739 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
List management: Keep, trade, retire or delist
« on: March 21, 2023, 08:36:57 PM »
From the HeraldSun ...

Wreck It Ralph: How many of your club’s top 10 players are out of contract in 2023?

Is your club in attack mode, sitting pretty or warding off rival offers for its best players? Jon Ralph looks at how many of the guns at all 18 teams are out of contract.

Jon Ralph
HeraldSun
March 21, 2023

RICHMOND

SITTING PRETTY

Only Jack Riewoldt of the top 15 is out of contract from the ultimate player rankings.

But loyal free agents Nathan Broad (6.5, “Mr Dependable”) and Kamdyn McIntosh (6, “Significant role player”) will need to be locked away.

Their free agency status will mean they are paid a premium to stay but with Trent Cotchin and Jack Riewoldt likely retiring there is cap space available.

Losing them as free agents would secure only late compensation - maybe third-round picks - so they are priority signings.

If the Tigers want to bring in talent it might have to be through free agency given they don’t have a first-rounder and their best pick might be in the early 30s.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/wreck-it-ralph-how-many-of-your-clubs-top-10-players-are-out-of-contract-in-2023/news-story/c2be625372328f198f7b572664d9c84d

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: List management: Keep, trade, retire or delist
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 10:05:32 PM »
Broad 30 next month, KMac just turned 29.

Priority for me would be Broady but honestly if either of them was offered a decent pay day to go I couldn't blame them and they won't be on big coin to stay here.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 06:55:28 PM »
Tarrant 34 will retire
Riewoldt will retire
Cotchin will retire
Short is superfluous to needs and going by how much everyone rates him would get us a decent pick.
Colina has hardly got going.
Nyuon is not even  a mention for a key spot with injuries.
Prestia would probably retire if he hasanother serious hammy or soft tissue injury
Ross is so meh trade wont get much though.
Soldo should have gone when he had the chance last year.
Mansell way behind others after how many seasons.
Dow needs a real big season
Graham is tradeable
Baker is tradeable
McIntosh servicable have been looking for an upgrade for years now.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 07:29:57 PM »
I'd be going hard at the biggest uncontacted key defender fish.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 10:56:02 PM »
Tarrant 34 will retire
Riewoldt will retire
Cotchin will retire
Short is superfluous to needs and going by how much everyone rates him would get us a decent pick.
Colina has hardly got going.
Nyuon is not even  a mention for a key spot with injuries.
Prestia would probably retire if he hasanother serious hammy or soft tissue injury
Ross is so meh trade wont get much though.
Soldo should have gone when he had the chance last year.
Mansell way behind others after how many seasons.
Dow needs a real big season
Graham is tradeable
Baker is tradeable
McIntosh servicable have been looking for an upgrade for years now.

Agree with most of that, although I do think guys like Graham and Baker are best 22 and imperative for culture/leadership reasons and thus wouldn't trade them myself (not likely to get much in a trade on performance value but I rate them higher than their own field performances alone).

Shorty, where do we play him? Rioli looks better off HBF, plays closer and maybe tougher too. Can Short play wing?

Colina sounds like he'll never get going.

Biggie I'm worried is still on our list and wasn't even in the conversation for a game vs Carlton but yet that new guy we picked up with a nothing pick was being thrown around.

Ross I see as a failure of the club. He should have been at least a B grade inside mid but we stuffed him by messing his position around so much and now we've traded in T&H which makes him properly redundant. He's not fast enough or damaging enough in any way to be a useful substitute either.

Soldo I suspect may never reach his serviceable 19-20 heights.

Mansell is a VFL player end of story. Like his mongrel but it is what it is.

Dow I suspect will be delisted. Sonsie ahead of him after his first 6 months on the list.

Macca I really like him and see him as a useful utility player.