Author Topic: Who of our young players are good enough ?  (Read 2666 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Who of our young players are good enough ?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2023, 08:57:51 PM »
If George retired earlier RCD may still be on our list.
Go Tigers!

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2023, 09:16:07 PM »
If George retired earlier RCD may still be on our list.
I reckon you miss the real issue.

We had three big bodied junior  mids on the list for what 3 or 4 seasons.
Only RCD was a early pick, and was struggling, Ross well they have never ever believed he was a big inside mid you only need look at the roles they have played him in. Then there was Martyn who they had across hb.
Thats it for big  kids supposedly mids in god knows how many seasons. We reap what we sow. Just maybe if we actually targeted some genuine big mids we would not have had to go hard for Taranto and Hopper.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2023, 10:19:29 PM »
bottom line is this. we threw away first round picks and in almost every dynasty those players play a role in a flag. Dusty, Cotch, Jack etc

TT i can accept at his age and for what we gave up. Hopper no way, What was the upside? 15th spot.  :lol :lol

We needed to start again and draft some bigger bodied mids to get us to our next flag. Weak as pee players like Bolton and Fiora clones much liek the duds have now are not going to help us.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2023, 04:21:20 PM »
I come back to this again. Another lacklustre season. It’s time for a big clean out IMO and get as many draft picks as possible. Grimes/broad/vlastuin. 2 of them have to go. Start getting games into brown.
Pickett, soldo, Kmac, all can go. We should still be able to be competitive will blooding the next generation. The dead wood is just killing is atm.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2023, 04:37:49 PM »
Agree with most of the sentiment in here.

Happy with TT, but Hopper was a mistake for what he cost us.

Big list clean out needed.

Need to get creative and get some good picks in somehow.

Nothing is off the table. Trade Dusty if we can get something good.

I don’t necessarily blame the club for having another dip, but it’s time to rebuild properly and play kids now.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2024, 09:30:57 PM »
I’m bringing this back into rotation not because I’m a negative Nancy but I’m just realistic and I’m actually excited to enter a rebuilding phase, rather than a rejuvenation or whatever you call this.

I firmly believe there may be 2-3 players currently on our list that might be in our next premiership team, if they stay at Richmond. Gibcus is the favourite.

I think if you look at hawthorns last 6-8 years, that’s what we have ahead of us. The longer we delay it the worse it will be. I think it’s just a fact of footy that you must bottom out and hit the draft.

For comparison look out the core of dusty, cotch, edwards, Riewoldt, rance, grimes, astbury.

What young players on our list look like they will get anywhere close to these standards?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2024, 09:35:31 PM »
We haven’t seen them enough which is part of the problem.i still have really high hopes for sonsie. Thought he was brilliant in the handful of games he played in his debut season.

Most of the players you named are generational type players, the likes of which aren’t gonna come around again.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2024, 09:40:07 PM »
We haven’t seen them enough which is part of the problem.i still have really high hopes for sonsie. Thought he was brilliant in the handful of games he played in his debut season.

Most of the players you named are generational type players, the likes of which aren’t gonna come around again.

I hope sonesie works out and initially I too had high hopes, but he hasn’t exactly set the world on fire. He should’ve been dominating at the vfl level.
There are generation type talents being drafted every year

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2024, 12:09:55 AM »
I thought Seth Campbell showed a but today. 2nd, 3rd efforts were a real positive IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2024, 10:52:00 PM »
Seth looks the goods :thumbsup.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2024, 11:11:36 PM »
Campbell was great - he actually has some vision in traffic and the ability to back it up by foot. More please.

Dow - not so much. Poor defensively and too small/light to impact at the contest. Unless he can put on some muscle and work back defensively, he won't last long.

Brown looks worth persevering with.

Banks might be better behind the ball.

Trezise, not sure, need to see more.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2024, 10:36:46 AM »
So a year on from when this thread was made and we've been able to have a bit of a look at this young group of players.
I anticipate that in this years draft we will have 2 top 15 pick and we should be seeking another KPF and High quality mid imo.

Here are my changes

Ross - Could be a decent role player / Same
Rioli - Could be a decent role player / Same
Ralphsmith - Wont make it IMO / Same
Dow - Wont make it IMO, BUT does deserve a block of games this year. / Started off horribly this year but is slowly turning it around. Could be a role player

Brown - Doesnt seem like he's progressing at VFL level / Has shown some great progression. Beautiful skills, gaining confidence. Think we all agree we have one here.

Mansell - Wont make it IMO / Has shown a bit this year. Looking like a more composed version of Castagna, could be a handy role player.
Ryan - I think he will stick around due to our complete lack of KPF but again wont make it IMO/ Same
Bradtke - havent seen enough / Delisted
Cumberland - Could be a star / Fallen out of favour the last 12 months BIG time.
Colina - 0 Chance of making it / Same, why is he even on the list ?
Sonesie - Could be a decent role player, could be a star. / Same, needs more opportunity
Banks - Same as Brown / Has been poor this year. Low possessions, lack of intensity with plenty of opportunity too.
Clarke - Wont make it IMO / Looked good at VFL level so far, deserves a chance.
Bauer - Apparently having some success in the backline, havent seen enough / Seen virtually nothing which is a shame as he could be owning the FWD line right now.

Miller - could be a decent role player / Looks a different player this season. Confident and composed down back, could be the future KPD we need.

Young - could be a decent role player / Probably a depth player. Panics at times, seems to be more confident in his disposal this year, which is a bad thing as he bites off more than he can chew.
Biggie - wont make it imo / GONE
Gibcus - Could be a star / Disaster
 Then green, campbell and smith who I havent seen enough of. / Campbell looks like a really solid player, massive surprise.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2024, 12:11:17 PM »
Without wanting to quote too much text, I agree with Simonator on all of the above except:

Dow - think he's crap
Young - think he will be a backline mainstay

Also want to take a moment to laugh at Collina being on the list still. Sounds like he needs a nursing home.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2024, 02:41:21 PM »
He's also always on the injury list. How the stuff does one who never plays manage to get such lengthy injuries?

Surely this is his last season but good on him for getting free rehab for however many years he's been around now. Must be at least his 4th season?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2024, 04:33:18 PM »
I think Ross has another level to go up not a star or something,  but B grade player. Ryan is the one for me we need to give a block of games in that forward ruck role let's see we're it ends up. Bauer is the one we're missing his hamstring issues how long now.