Author Topic: Dimma quits [merged]  (Read 34053 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Dimma quits [merged]
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2023, 03:26:35 PM »
Dimma is just a man nothing more nothing less. We all have our good and bad points

Just a man with a man's courage
You know he's nothing but a man
And he can never fail
No one but the pure at heart
May find the Golden Grail
Oh-oh, oh-oh

:shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

FooffooValve

« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2023, 03:37:00 PM »
No issue with what he has done. I don't believe he ever said he was burnt out, he said he couldn't find a new way to 'fry the sausages' or whatever - ie he wasn't able to motivate the group any longer - and he was right, we were looking flat, disinterested and unmotivated.

The 'burnt out' narrative came from others as far as I recall and morphed into him being 'done'. I don't think he ever said that, in fact I got the distinct impression he would be coaching next year no matter what. He was definitely done at Richmond and made the right call, even if there was a fair degree of self interest in the decision.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2023, 03:44:38 PM »
No issue with what he has done. I don't believe he ever said he was burnt out, he said he couldn't find a new way to 'fry the sausages' or whatever - ie he wasn't able to motivate the group any longer - and he was right, we were looking flat, disinterested and unmotivated.

The 'burnt out' narrative came from others as far as I recall and morphed into him being 'done'. I don't think he ever said that, in fact I got the distinct impression he would be coaching next year no matter what. He was definitely done at Richmond and made the right call, even if there was a fair degree of self interest in the decision.
Would argue that he did the right to thing by the club as well. Gave us plenty of time to get the process right.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2023, 03:45:16 PM »
Well, trading all our draft picks combined with poor drafting has left us in a difficult position. Not saying it was all him but he must have made a call on the last tilt at glory.
When it became obvious it wasn’t working CYL.

Mind you if Lynch and Gibcus had been fit it may have been a different scenario

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2023, 04:08:05 PM »

Let's put it in simple terms he jumped ship once he seen the writing on the wall where the side was heading no doubt about it and that doesn'sit well with me. The club was blindsided with this decision and that tells you. The part about not able to cook the sausages was all bs he and the club went all out to get Taranto and Hooper for this last flag opportunity and once it turned sour he jumped ship.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2023, 04:16:17 PM »
Fronting the media on Monday, Hardwick said his decision to leave Richmond remained the right one.

“I think there‘s narratives that gets thrown around. The fact of the matter is I’d been in that organisation for 13 years and given everything to that group of players. The fact of the matter is they needed a new voice,” he said.

“I still love coaching and it will always be in my blood, I’m a career coach.

“I’ve got a great bunch of players now that I’m very much looking forward to going through. Brandon (former Tigers player Brandon Ellis) will have to listen to a couple of old stories that he’ll have to sit there and bear and grin and laugh, but I’ve got a great new bunch of toys that I’m really looking forward to working with and I couldn’t be more excited.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/gold-coast-suns/afl-2023-damien-hardwick-press-conference-gold-coast-suns-new-coach-richmond-burnout-stuart-dew-sacked-dustin-martin-trade-contract/news-story/5d6b8fa239adf3ba7f912259a5d5baed

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2023, 05:47:38 PM »
Damien “burnt out” Hardwick

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2023, 07:23:55 PM »
Dimma dumped his wife for his new squeeze

Dimma dumps Richmond for his new Suns

Parallels…?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2023, 08:56:17 PM »

Reckon this sums it up for me

Although I didn't think he'd be coaching next year . Then Dew got sacked and here we are. Really feel for Stewie Dew.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2023, 09:16:36 PM »

Reckon this sums it up for me

Although I didn't think he'd be coaching next year . Then Dew got sacked and here we are. Really feel for Stewie Dew.

Wrong order WP

Hardwick was sorted , then Dew sacked

NO WAY was Dew sacked before they had something in place with Hardwick

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2023, 09:33:46 PM »
Dimma dumped his wife for his new squeeze

Dimma dumps Richmond for his new Suns

Parallels…?

Also gone from black to orange in both cases

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2023, 10:04:43 PM »

Wrong order WP

Fair call Damo.

Personally, I didn't think he'd be coaching next year. Perhaps foolishly I thought the Suns would make finals this year. So based on that I didn't think Dew would get sacked
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2023, 10:15:44 PM »
One aspect not discussed is lets not forget Dimma had Gale , Balme and Peggy in his corner the rock foundation won't have that at the sun's big disadvantage for him he struggled without them.

Come on WP you can't be that naive this was done long ago everything in place. There was talk of him meeting Port and the Sun's at rd 5.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2023, 01:22:31 AM »

Wrong order WP

Fair call Damo.

Personally, I didn't think he'd be coaching next year. Perhaps foolishly I thought the Suns would make finals this year. So based on that I didn't think Dew would get sacked

When Dew was sacked they were still in the finals race

Makes it even worse

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2023, 07:28:40 AM »
The man won us 3 flags. Owes us nothing. Quit bitching.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.