Author Topic: Jacob Koschitzke - officially a Tiger for pick 49 [merged]  (Read 20760 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jacob Koschitzke - officially a Tiger for pick 49 [merged]
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2023, 04:04:45 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2023, 09:48:25 PM »
He looks bigger than I remembered

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2023, 01:56:51 AM »
He looks bigger than I remembered
Kosi dished out a heavy tackle on Samson at training yesterday.

https://www.aflphotos.com.au/gallery/afl-2023-training-richmond-151123

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2023, 01:41:33 PM »
Lol Samson still being rag dolled.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2023, 02:26:16 PM »
Never realised a heavy tackle is being …. Rag dolled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2023, 11:19:37 PM »
Broad praised the work ethic of his potential key forward partner Jacob Koschitzke after being matched up against the former Hawk in drills.

“He runs really well the big fella … he moves really well, his GPS numbers are huge, he competes really hard and he’s doing everything right,” Broad said.

“Same as Sam Naismith, they buy into our culture straight away, so it’s been good having those boys.”

Source: HeraldSun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2023, 09:05:57 PM »
Kosi's presser today:

Watch here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1475034/this-camp-has-helped-solidly-and-deepen-the-connection-with-the-group-koschitzke

-------------------------------------------------

Koschitzke felt he had made a “seamless transition” to the Tigers in the two months since leaving Hawthorn and was benefiting greatly from his existing relationships with new senior coach Adem Yze and assistant Chris Newman, who also crossed over from Hawthorn at the end of the season.

The 23-year-old said the pair had effectively acted as translators to bring him up to speed on the different language Richmond used in meetings.

It has (helped), obviously you’ve got to come to a new environment, I didn’t know any of the players,” Koschitzke said.

“To have those two guys in terms of the coaching structure is has made the transition really easy.

“They’ve been able to explain concepts and relate them to previous Hawthorn terminology and experience, so it’s felt like a pretty seamless sort of transition.”

Tigers spearhead Tom Lynch has not returned to training as he recovers from a fractured foot, but Koschitzke said he had already been a valuable mentor and had been a big reason behind his trade request after 48 games in five seasons at the Hawks.

“He’s been offering me advice … we’re different players with different strengths, but I was picking his brain (on Wednesday) about how best to use my body in one-on-one marking contests and long down-the-lines,” Koschitzke said.

“He’s been really beneficial for my development, and it’s part of the reason why I wanted to come here, I felt like needed that older sort of forward who had learnt the tricks of the trade and done their apprenticeship.

“I didn’t actually get the chance to have that at the Hawks … Mitch Lewis is only (18) months older than myself.

“I felt I just needed someone who really knew the game to give me tips and advice on how to handle adversity and all that stuff that comes along with senior footy.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-tigers/wont-name-and-shame-the-culprit-dusty-popping-wheelies-after-concussion-scare/news-story/8e5558c18254bbb0c9561b496cb5965c

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: December 23, 2023, 08:06:38 PM »
NEW FORWARD PARTNER TIPPED TO BE “GREAT ACQUISITION”

By Lachlan Geleit
SEN
23 December 2023

Newly appointed Richmond assistant Chris Newman expects trade recruit Jacob Koschitzke to be a great acquisition for the Tigers.

Koschitzke joined Richmond from Hawthorn in October’s trade period in exchange for pick No.49.

Also heading to Punt Road via Hawthorn in the break was Newman, who served as a development coach, VFL coach and assistant at Waverley Park from 2015 to 2023.

Newman, a former Richmond captain, has returned to the club where he played 268 games to work under new head coach Adem Yze – another ex-Hawthorn assistant.

Having worked with Koschitzke over his 48 games in the brown and gold, Newman expects the key forward to create a strong bond with superstar tall Tom Lynch.

“No not at all, I think 'Kosi' had sort of had some discussions with the club prior to me moving anyway,” Newman said on SEN Mornings in regards to whether he helped recruit Koschitzke to Richmond.

“I think that sort of ticked along in the background, and I think both parties sort of came to an agreement obviously.

“I think Kosi is a great acquisition for us. He provides a really strong contest for us.

“He's a bigger body that can obviously have a presence forward.

“I’m looking forward to working with Kosi again and I think by all reports he's enjoying his time and working closely with Tom Lynch.

“Hopefully those two can form a really strong bond and work really closely together.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/12/23/tigers-assistant-offers-lynch-update-new-forward-partner-tipped-to-be-great/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2024, 05:20:20 PM »
Richmond recruit Jacob Koschitzke

Sportsday
Feb. 21, 2024
Length: 00:14:25

Richmond recruit Jacob Koschitzke joined Gerard and Kane to speak about his move to the Tigers, how he's found the pre-season so far, their upcoming game against Collingwood, and more.

LISTEN HERE: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/sportsday/richmond-recruit-jacob-by10kc3wxEW/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2024, 10:23:27 PM »
 :facepalm
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2024, 11:27:35 PM »
Hawks mates gave us plenty of stick when we drafted. I'm still jury out but yeah, has a fair way to go.
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2024, 11:32:21 PM »
Seriously - saw glimpses of every crappy tall forward we've had since Wallace was coach - Hughes, Miller, Edwards, Polak, Vickery, Griffiths- that performance was like a watching a compilation of all those spuds......only things he didn't do was try to mark an invisible ball and headbut a tram....  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2024, 01:08:09 PM »
Can someone get him to put his hands in the resin box

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #134 on: February 29, 2024, 02:37:32 PM »
Seriously - saw glimpses of every crappy tall forward we've had since Wallace was coach - Hughes, Miller, Edwards, Polak, Vickery, Griffiths- that performance was like a watching a compilation of all those spuds......only things he didn't do was try to mark an invisible ball and headbut a tram....  :shh
:lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.