Author Topic: Jacob Koschitzke - officially a Tiger for pick 49 [merged]  (Read 29834 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hawk Jacob Koschitzke has asked for a trade to Richmond [merged]
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2023, 11:52:49 PM »
https://twitter.com/user/status/1711268987026485543

LMAO - now watch us bend over and take it... :help

Lol wow.

We should just speak to Chol then now that Hardwick is gone.

He's probably just as good and will cost us pick 48 or whatever.

Hawks can hang onto Kosi.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2023, 04:02:53 PM »
"The Hawks value him at about pick 25. Now Richmond have pick 28 in the draft, I don't think the Tigers will be offering pick 28 for a guy that was offered one year to stay at the Hawks."

- Tom Morris on Jacob Koschitzke

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1711569018199707819

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2023, 02:00:19 PM »
HAWKS PLAY DOWN PICK 25 FOR KOSCHITZKE

One piece of business the Hawks are potentially more keen on doing is trading out key forward Jacob Koschitzke.

The 23-year-old is the subject of interest from Richmond who have reportedly been told that they must give up a top-25 pick to land the player.

But McCartney says we should be careful regarding what we read at this time of year.

“Don’t always believe everything you read,” McCartney said of the rumours regarding the 48-game forward.

“I think the market determines every player’s value. Is he a (pick) 25? That’s for (Hawthorn list manager) Mark McKenzie and the Richmond list management team to come to an agreement.

“I wouldn’t believe everything you read.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/11/hawks-play-down-pick-25-for-koschitzke-admit-frustration-at-north-compo/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2023, 10:22:24 AM »
CORNES NAMES THE SEVEN PLAYERS WHOSE REPUTATIONS HAVE BEEN OVERHYPED THIS TRADE PERIOD

SEN
12 October 2023

7 – Jacob Koschitzke – Hawthorn (has requested a trade to Richmond)

“Let’s start with Jacob Koschitzke,” Cornes told AFL Trade Radio.

“I thought he was on a one-way ticket to being delisted. That's where I thought he was.

“If you are not playing in a side that finished 16th, if you can't get a game and they're crying out for a key forward because Mitch Lewis has got half an ACL that's hanging on by a thread.

“If you're not playing, I think you're at risk of being delisted.

“All of a sudden now Hawthorn has denied that they want pick 25 (from Richmond).

“His reputation, you cannot argue has significantly increased just by the fact that he is on the trade table, no doubt about that.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/11/cornes-names-the-seven-players-whose-reputations-have-been-overhyped-this/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2023, 10:24:00 AM »
Jacob Koschitzke – The tall forward should get done for a late pick given the Hawks put a modest contract offer in front of him this season.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/trade-hq/afl-trades-2023-follow-every-move-and-whisper-on-day-four-of-the-trade-period/news-story/751cbd943612b4472f6c6fc4a972c6ed

Offline Thrasher97

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2023, 10:39:40 AM »
CORNES NAMES THE SEVEN PLAYERS WHOSE REPUTATIONS HAVE BEEN OVERHYPED THIS TRADE PERIOD

SEN
12 October 2023

7 – Jacob Koschitzke – Hawthorn (has requested a trade to Richmond)

“Let’s start with Jacob Koschitzke,” Cornes told AFL Trade Radio.

“I thought he was on a one-way ticket to being delisted. That's where I thought he was.

“If you are not playing in a side that finished 16th, if you can't get a game and they're crying out for a key forward because Mitch Lewis has got half an ACL that's hanging on by a thread.

“If you're not playing, I think you're at risk of being delisted.

“All of a sudden now Hawthorn has denied that they want pick 25 (from Richmond).

“His reputation, you cannot argue has significantly increased just by the fact that he is on the trade table, no doubt about that.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/11/cornes-names-the-seven-players-whose-reputations-have-been-overhyped-this/

Cornes probably didn't know this kid existed, now he's possibly coming to Richmond he's all negative.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2023, 05:13:00 PM »
Why don’t we just pick him up as a free agent when Hawthorn delists him??

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2023, 05:21:25 PM »
Why don’t we just pick him up as a free agent when Hawthorn delists him??

Hawthorn offered him a contract .. they aren’t delisting him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2023, 09:16:06 PM »
Player manager David Trotter of Hemisphere Management has given an update on several of his AFL clients who could be on the move this trade period.

On Richmond target Jacob Koschitzke and reports of Hawthorn wanting pick 25 for the forward

“I think they (Hawthorn and Richmond) are catching up tomorrow from my understanding,” Trotter said.

“In this, we hopefully don't have to get involved, that's the best scenario for us.

“Usually once you've done enough of these, you realise (that) you finish at 7:30pm next Wednesday, so there's no need to panic just yet.

“Usually if you get to sort of Tuesday or Wednesday next week, we might have to get a bit more involved.

“Both clubs in any situation, one's trying to get as much as they can and one's trying to pay as little as they can.

“I get that's where your starting point is, but, you know, rarely do they not get to a point where it ends up getting done.

“I'm not too worried about that one at the moment. We'll see how we go.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/12/player-agent-offers-update-on-where-hollands-koschitzke-and-himmelberg-trade/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2023, 06:39:10 PM »
Jacob Koschitzke

The Tigers quickly shut down the Hawks' hopes of landing a pick inside the top 25 for the key forward, who has requested a trade to Richmond. He's out of contract and keen to get to Punt Road. The Tigers hold picks 29, 50 and 68, with the Hawks having a number of deals in motion for the final days of the trade period.

The Hawks have since shown a willingness to get the Tigers involved in talks around a potential three-club trade [with Gold Coast & Chol], which could also progress Jacob Koschitzke's move to Richmond.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1052352/so-many-deals-so-little-time-which-trades-will-get-done-before-deadline

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2023, 02:26:47 AM »
Chol's former club Richmond holds the key to landing him at Hawthorn, according to 7NEWS’ Mitch Cleary.

Cleary believes Hawk Jacob Koschitzke will play a role by moving to Richmond as part of the Chol deal.

“The Hawks are prioritising a deal for Mabior Chol,” he said on Saturday.

“The deal likely to be a three-way trade involving Richmond.

“It would see the Tigers give up a pick to the Hawks for Koschitzke, who on trade it to the Gold Coast Suns for Chol.”

Already Gold Coast has knocked back the Hawks’ first offer for Chol – reportedly a future third rounder with a later pick in return.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/hawks-set-to-land-star-in-threeclub-deal-dees-recruit-not-grundy-20-trade-whispers/news-story/45eb89a51aafc540ec8bed20ce431a01

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2023, 06:58:59 AM »
So the Dawks want our second rounder for Kosi but are offering a F3 for chol with some useless 4th which is worth nothing lol

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2023, 01:14:57 PM »
If we give up pick 29 for this guy the club is f.....

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2023, 02:27:06 PM »
If we give up pick 29 for this guy the club is f.....
Exactly

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2023, 03:12:23 PM »
He may well be a dud but he has kicked goals the last two seasons in the vfl and was servicable at afl before that.
 why not just bolster our stocks with someone like Chris Burgess. He's lead the goalkicking the last two seasons i think, and im only basing the comments on that as ive not seen him play this year.
My thinking is when your almost devoid  of player types and depth in an area why not just look to find a starting point and build from there.  Don't just put the que in the rack with Koschitzke go  and target another and a  kid in the ND.

Im all for doing the Bradtke experiment again as well. So what,  it did not work with Bradtke but it was the way to go. it cost us nothing and a lot of the time it may not work out. but its a damn good way of getting lucky and finding the odd diamond in the rough.

In our position we have a free crack at this without criticism. We don't have draft picks and much room to wriggle with trades so we do it with f/a state leagues and late nd picks and rookie picks where there should be no expectation of any of them becoming super stars.If they work they work if they fail they fail nothing lost but bit to be gained.