Author Topic: Shane Edwards [merged]  (Read 275265 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Baby Sheds on the way!
« Reply #2490 on: April 18, 2020, 04:06:38 AM »
Baby Sheds on the way in the Edwards household.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1250978301163659264

Congrats  :clapping.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Pick 26: Shane Edwards
« Reply #2491 on: April 18, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
Will be a player I reckon. Its a fair decision, a couple of players like Hislop & Djekurra were taken. Fair enough. Hes a skinny kid but we gotta get him another 8 to 10kgs over the next 2 years. A fair  Selection. No complaints.

Well said Ramps  ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Shane Edwards [merged]
« Reply #2492 on: April 18, 2020, 01:12:42 PM »
Yeah and you were only out by 6 years... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2493 on: April 18, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »
Edwards has been a great player for us. He didnt take 6 years to come good it was quicker than that. Hes been  very good for a long time and outstanding for at least the last 4.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2494 on: April 18, 2020, 07:44:03 PM »
Edwards has been a great player for us. He didnt take 6 years to come good it was quicker than that. Hes been  very good for a long time and outstanding for at least the last 4.

Absolutely agree...he has been very good for many years and elite the last few years. Many couldn't see what he was doing early years with his ability to use his hands and set up others, they do now :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2495 on: April 18, 2020, 08:17:35 PM »
Sheds' breakout year was 2010 and he went to a further level in H/A games in 2012 when he became a goalkicking mid kicking ~30 goals. The knock on him was his finals record where he was pretty ordinary in our 3 Elim Final losses averaging just 10 possies. He was seen as being too outside. That changed since 2017. He's now a big game player who can win the footy on the inside in traffic and then use his acceleration and hands to break the game open and deliver to teammates in space. Sheds is an elite footballer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2496 on: April 20, 2020, 02:03:10 PM »
I can’t remember where I watched or read it but they were talking about the fallout in 2016 and how they were going over his footage there were moments where he was seemingly handballing it to nowhere or missing targets. When they reviewed it I think it was both Caracalla and Hardwick asked why he did it he said something like I thought player X could have received it and it would
Have opened the game up. Sorry I will never do that again.

Instead they went actually you’re spot on. We let you down by not playing faster. We need link up players to put into reality the creative play in his mind.

AND BOY OH BOY AM I GLAD THEY DID!!!!His hands in tight are amazing. The amount of times I have had to pause and play what he does in slow motion is absolutely sublime

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2497 on: April 20, 2020, 07:42:32 PM »
Lol revisionism is alive and well.

I just laughed my way thru the first 80 pages and Edwards was being highly criticised by MOST posters right up to the end of 2014 or in this case the first 80 odd pages.

Without a doubt he had two short periods of good footy from 07 to 14 that being early 2010 and the last 12 or so games in 2012.

Im not going to say he was a dud early on but ffs he was for a big chunk of his games ordinary.
It is not his first 6 yrs its his first 8 yrs that really was questionable.

I suppose two premierships has people forget the first 8 yrs and as a premiership hero and legend he has always been a gun.

Will definately find the time to read the last half of this epic tale its bound to be as funny as the first one can only hope their is as much vitriol and mind changing in the back half as their was in the front half.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2498 on: April 20, 2020, 07:55:46 PM »
I have always been a fan of Titch but everyone is right in hindsight.
I also thought Griff would be star but to be fair he had  head injuries before they were fashionable

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2499 on: April 20, 2020, 11:01:15 PM »
Lol revisionism is alive and well.

I just laughed my way thru the first 80 pages and Edwards was being highly criticised by MOST posters right up to the end of 2014 or in this case the first 80 odd pages.

Without a doubt he had two short periods of good footy from 07 to 14 that being early 2010 and the last 12 or so games in 2012.

Im not going to say he was a dud early on but ffs he was for a big chunk of his games ordinary.
It is not his first 6 yrs its his first 8 yrs that really was questionable.

I suppose two premierships has people forget the first 8 yrs and as a premiership hero and legend he has always been a gun.

Will definately find the time to read the last half of this epic tale its bound to be as funny as the first one can only hope their is as much vitriol and mind changing in the back half as their was in the front half.

I think people are more so reflecting on the fact he was poorly coached and the team had a game plan which was not suited to his strengths. His 2015 season definitely showed that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers observe protocols and send sick Shane Edwards home (Age)
« Reply #2500 on: May 20, 2020, 01:29:34 AM »
Tigers observe protocols and send sick Edwards home

Anthony Colangelo
The Age
20 May 2020

Richmond star Shane Edwards was sent home on Tuesday because he felt ill with a sore stomach, illustrating the level of vigilance AFL clubs are taking as the competition resumes.

All AFL players were tested for coronavirus last week and there were no positive tests. Edwards trained on Monday, the first day players were allowed back at clubs.

Richmond expect the 31-year-old to recover. The most common symptoms of coronavirus are a fever, dry cough and tiredness.

The AFL's extensive return to play protocols emphasise the importance of good communication between players and club doctors if a player is at all sick, which Richmond have heeded in this instance.

"If you are feeling unwell, immediately remove yourself from the proximity of others and notify the club doctor," the protocols say.

"[If not at the club and you feel unwell] contact your club doctor immediately and stay away from the club and your teammates until you are advised further by the club doctor."

Players are being tested twice a week to determine whether they are free of the coronavirus, and therefore able to train and play. Contact training will commence on May 25 and games will begin on June 11.

AFL players are being expected to adhere to rules that are stricter than those of the general community.

They cannot surf, play golf or take their kids to a playground, and each player’s living arrangements need to be checked off the by the league to ensure they’re contact with people, like nurses or other at-risk workers, is managed.

The AFL describes the restrictions in the document as the "social licence" needed to gain the exemptions from government required to get the league back up and running after the coronavirus shutdown. It says the restrictions will be reviewed as the season goes on.

"We find ourselves in unprecedented territory," AFL boss Gillon McLachlan said in the document, while thanking the players for the sacrifices contained in the protocols.

"The purpose was to make sure we are reducing risks of COVID-19 transmission and spread in every way we can, so that we can gain government approval to engage in otherwise prohibited activities such as interstate travel, gathering in groups and have physical contact."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-observe-protocols-and-send-sick-edwards-home-20200519-p54ueo.html

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers observe protocols and send sick Shane Edwards home (Age)
« Reply #2501 on: August 08, 2020, 09:56:47 PM »
Anyone know where Shedda is at, does he plan to come back

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2502 on: August 08, 2020, 10:11:23 PM »

Still waiting on the birth of his 1st child

Baby due early August

Won't be back until then
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #2503 on: August 08, 2020, 10:17:07 PM »

Still waiting on the birth of his 1st child

Baby due early August

Won't be back until then
Induce the birth! 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2504 on: August 09, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »
Not being critical, but he could have come up and played atleast 3 or 4 games and then go to the birth of his baby.