Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]  (Read 469802 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Jack Riewoldt - Triple Coleman medallist [merged]
« Reply #1515 on: July 23, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
Thought he was good with little to no support. Also thought he should have been given at least 5 free kicks (countless times he was being held while trying to contest the ball). Having said that, his defensive efforts weren't the best, but by no means were they the worst. Think he actually isn't too bad in that aspect, but did look a little off later in the game.

He did look off, it is hard to run and play with a dummy in your mouth.

If he could change his attitude when things aren't going his way he would be a SUPERSTAR of the game. Instead he is petulant and not team orientated when the chips are down, he falls over easily struggles to get up leads to the wrong spots.

Minds you some of the delivery he gets is pretty average as well so he does ok with what he gets, it is just that he could be so much more.

Don't get me wrong I want him at RFC and love him but he needs 240 Volts up his backside.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1516 on: July 23, 2012, 05:12:03 PM »
Without TV in the forward line like he was in 2011, we are too predictable going forward and Jack gets manhandled as a result. As I said, doesn't help that the umpires don't pay the free when it is there either. He needs some support from another tall forward. If they are going to persist with our current back setup, then Griffiths needs to be put up forward to assist.

tony_montana

« Reply #1517 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
Without TV in the forward line like he was in 2011, we are too predictable going forward and Jack gets manhandled as a result. As I said, doesn't help that the umpires don't pay the free when it is there either. He needs some support from another tall forward. If they are going to persist with our current back setup, then Griffiths needs to be put up forward to assist.

if he got on his bike hed dominate simple as that, hes being lazy and initiating contact in a wrestle and the umps have had enough of his sooking and frankly so have a lot of ppl. I have no sympathy whatsoever for him regarding missed freekicks. He is the first richmond gun player I have ever had little time for due to his petulant and blatant grandstanding for free kicks. After EVERY SINGLE CONTEST when he gets beaten he has a look at the umpire screaming for a free. Grow up FFS and be the onfield leader you pupport to be

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1518 on: July 23, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
No possesions in the last quarter says it all.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1519 on: July 23, 2012, 07:00:34 PM »
No possesions in the last quarter says it all.

How do you contrast the north set up and kicking to a one on one vs ours?
Or is that his fault as well?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1520 on: July 23, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »
The one that really annoyed me was in the third quarter.

At 18 minutes to go on the replay we clear the ball from our backline with a long kick to the wing. Riewoldt is second to the ball behind Thompson who falls over (or is pushed by Jack) leaving a clear path to the loose ball. Jack collects an easy ball but is chased by Firrito and gives off a handball to Tuck who has sprinted past Firrito to get involved. Now there's no problem with giving off the ball to Tuck but then he gives a really weak, weak effort to shepherd Firrito who runs past Jack and puts pressure on Tucky who luckily (or by great effort) manages a great long kick over the top to Dusty in the square who holds off his man to kick an easy goal.

The most basic duty of any footballer at any level is to shepherd after giving the ball off.
A weak lazy effort that should be pointed out to a Forward who is on the receiving end of everyone else's work.     

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1521 on: July 23, 2012, 07:11:43 PM »
After watching him yesterday
I would trade him and I am serious

Ruanaidh

« Reply #1522 on: July 23, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »
Jack is looking cancerous ala Richo in his 'bad old days'. Richo turned it around and Jack had better follow his lead quick smart.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1523 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
Correct

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1524 on: July 23, 2012, 07:55:52 PM »
How do you contrast the north set up and kicking to a one on one vs ours?
Or is that his fault as well?

Serious?
At 6:00 and 3:00 to go in the last we have kicks into the forward line and there is no lead from Jack, he waits back to contest in a pack.
In fact when Tuck gets the free at 3:00 to go you can actually hear Tim Watson urging "come on Jack, move"

Gigantor

« Reply #1525 on: July 23, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
I have a lot of time for jack and reckon he can still become a superstar of the competiton.However I think one of the reasons he doesnt get the frees that are there is because he is constantly complaining to the umpires.This happened a lot early in the game yesterday and more or less set the trend for the rest of the game with the umpires ignoring his pleadings.Despite umpires only paying the frees that are there (supposedly),i think his complaining is stored in the back of their minds and thus affects every other decision where jack is involved

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #1526 on: July 26, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »
Should audition for big brother
Most of her energy is wasted on being a drama queen
No more bitch forwards at Punt rd
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame