Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 213452 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #1455 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
Sad really.
Lmfao@40 kmph

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1456 on: March 12, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »
Seriously ....what a lost cause.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1457 on: March 16, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »
Ben Cousins is treading a very dark path. Terrible for his family.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1458 on: March 16, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »
Ben Cousins is treading a very dark path. Terrible for his family.
He's has been doing that for 10 years + though....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1459 on: March 16, 2015, 01:38:31 PM »
Druggy yes.

As bad as the media portray ?  No

As bad as the WA Cops portray? NO.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1460 on: March 16, 2015, 02:01:01 PM »
Wallace was on SEN just before midday talking about how Cousins got to Richmond. We snuck him into Melbourne and were able to get him from the airport to the Cameron's house in Blackburn for a meeting without the media spotting them. Just as they all sat down with cups of tea, Cousins said he wanted to go to the loo. 5 ... 10... 15 ... 35 mins went by and he hadn't come back out. They didn't know whether to wait longer or knock on the door to see if he was still there. Plough even thought Cuz may have jumped through the window and done a runner. Then after 45 mins, Cousins came out and sat down as though nothing had happened and he only been in the loo for a minute or two.

Eventually, the meeting got underway and the condition put to Cuz was he had to give his whole story warts and all if the Club were to pick him up. If he hid anything then it was 'see you later'. Over the next 2 hours, Cousins laid his past all out on the table which was pretty confronting according to Plough. We didn't sign Cousins up that day but of course we eventually did recruit him. Wallace added that Cousins' family said while at Richmond, they got their son back after 'losing' him for the previous two years. The RFC and and being back in Football was good for Cousins. He had a structure to his life and they could visit and talk to him just as anyone normally would. Sadly, his life since leaving the Tigers has spiraled down and out of control again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1461 on: March 16, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
Wallace was on SEN just before midday talking about how Cousins got to Richmond. We snuck him into Melbourne and were able to get him from the airport to the Cameron's house in Blackburn for a meeting without the media spotting them. Just as they all sat down with cups of tea, Cousins said he wanted to go to the loo. 5 ... 10... 15 ... 35 mins went by and he hadn't come back out. They didn't know whether to wait longer or knock on the door to see if he was still there. Plough even thought Cuz may have jumped through the window and done a runner. Then after 45 mins, Cousins came out and sat down as though nothing had happened and he only been in the loo for a minute or two.

Perhaps not a popular one but I'm of the view that picking him up was a silly move by a desperate coach on the way out, if Ben was possiblyl on the gear when we recruited him. One wonders if he ever really got clean in his time with us or just substituted his addictions in other ways.

He may have provided a bit of footy knowledge to some of our kids which was a bonus but he was well past his best as a player and didn't help with our results one bit.

We dodged a ticking time bomb & reckon Dimma couldn't get him out of there quick enough once he took over as coach.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:56:50 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1462 on: March 16, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »
Maybe he was just rubbing one out

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1463 on: March 16, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
We dodged a ticking time bomb & reckon Dimma couldn't get him out of there quick enough once he took over as coach.

Really, Dimma wanted him goneskis?

IIRC Cousins played one season under Hardwick, a season where he was given a contract to play that year

And again IIRC they were going to offer him another contract to keep going but Ben decided to retire

So I'm not sure how anyone can claim Hardwick wanted him gone
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #1464 on: March 16, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »

Really, Dimma wanted him goneskis?

IIRC Cousins played one season under Hardwick, a season where he was given a contract to play that year

And again IIRC they were going to offer him another contract to keep going but Ben decided to retire

So I'm not sure how anyone can claim Hardwick wanted him gone

Come on WP , this is the internet, people can claim anything they want , factual or not

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1465 on: March 16, 2015, 05:46:12 PM »

Cousins wanted to play on of that I have absolutely no doubt. He said as much in an interview a few weeks prior to 'retiring'.
He even said in his presser he selfishly wanted to stay on. If Hardwick really wanted to keep him it would have been easy.

Anyways I was against picking us him up and nothing changed my mind whilst he was at Richmond that we should have done it.
Couldn't care less if others disagree.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1466 on: March 16, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »

Cousins wanted to play on of that I have absolutely no doubt. He said as much in an interview a few weeks prior to 'retiring'.
He even said in his presser he selfishly wanted to stay on. If Hardwick really wanted to keep him it would have been easy.

Anyways I was against picking us him up and nothing changed my mind whilst he was at Richmond that we should have done it.

I didn't say Cousins wanted to play on. I said the club was going to offer him another contract to play but he chose to retire.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #1467 on: March 16, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »

I didn't say Cousins wanted to play on. I said the club was going to offer him another contract to play but he chose to retire.

I would bet that is pure spin. Anyways regardless it's a chapter I am glad was closed.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1468 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:13 AM »
I know this is a crappy thing to say but if this bloke is still alive in 5 years time - it will be a bloody miracle .
Unleash the tornado

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1469 on: March 23, 2015, 09:07:16 PM »
Arrested again ....3rd time Iin two weeks - couldn't make this stuff up.

Koo koo for coca puffs
Unleash the tornado