Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 269981 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #2340 on: March 27, 2024, 09:01:02 AM »
Caro said Gibcus has been a disappointment.

Disappointment implies that's he hasn't been playing well....

WTF - What she should have said is that he's been injured.

Honestly, i could do a better job on Footy classified.

That's the way you've taken her comment to mean

I took it to mean the injuries have meant the return so far has been disappointing that is the number of games

You obviously missed her comments around our younger players when the 3 musketeers were spruiking lead by Cornes that we had no decent young players coming through? She talked up Gibcus, McAuliffe, Brown to name a few

Maybe she meant that but what she actually said was "Gibcus has been a disappointment".

Lloyd rightfully pointed out that every single club in the league has young players that seem somewhat promising eg Brown/McAuliffe. And they do.

I don't think the rest of the panel were far off the mark to be honest.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2341 on: March 27, 2024, 09:17:10 AM »
Caro said Gibcus has been a disappointment.

Disappointment implies that's he hasn't been playing well....

WTF - What she should have said is that he's been injured.

Honestly, i could do a better job on Footy classified.

That's the way you've taken her comment to mean

I took it to mean the injuries have meant the return so far has been disappointing that is the number of games

You obviously missed her comments around our younger players when the 3 musketeers were spruiking lead by Cornes that we had no decent young players coming through? She talked up Gibcus, McAuliffe, Brown to name a few

Maybe she meant that but what she actually said was "Gibcus has been a disappointment".

Lloyd rightfully pointed out that every single club in the league has young players that seem somewhat promising eg Brown/McAuliffe. And they do.

Didn't see it, but even at face value for the written statement I wouldn't consider her to be disparaging of Gibcus. She's clearly talking about his disappointing run with injury. Not a single AFL observer would say his performance has been disappointing.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2342 on: March 27, 2024, 09:21:56 AM »
Well she wasn't clearly saying that. She said he's been a disappointment. That was the statement.

It's not up to everyone else to decide what she means
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2343 on: March 27, 2024, 10:24:44 AM »
Well she wasn't clearly saying that. She said he's been a disappointment. That was the statement.

It's not up to everyone else to decide what she means

No, it's up to us to interpret it, and because I'm not an idiot I can see what she meant clearly.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2344 on: March 27, 2024, 10:57:31 AM »
You didn't see it but you can interpret it. You're clearly not an idiot but a genius

Grimes is a disappointment

What do I mean, Andy?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2345 on: March 27, 2024, 11:18:28 AM »
You didn't see it but you can interpret it. You're clearly not an idiot but a genius

Grimes is a disappointment

What do I mean, Andy?

Hmmm well let's see.

Grimes is 32, played 200+ games for the club, came via the PSD, has 3 premiership medals, an AA jacket, a B&F, is the former captain of the club and in the twilight of his career.

Gibcus is 20, came to us as a top 10 draft pick, and is now going to be sidelined for two full years of his first 3 years with the club.

I wonder what could be disappointing about Gibcus' situation?

Let's get the brains trust together and see if we can figure it out.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2346 on: March 27, 2024, 12:44:24 PM »
You would think unfortunate would be the word, wouldn't you. However it's not the first time she's said he's a disappointment. It's a bit of Cumberland with a few on here. A weird one.

Let her explain

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2347 on: March 27, 2024, 02:26:40 PM »

Some of things the 3 musketeers were spot on about but they as per normal talked over Caro and jumped on her about her Richmond views and at times Bin Boy (though he'd struggle to fit in one these days) belittled her for whacking the AFL about the Tigers draw

L
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2348 on: March 27, 2024, 02:30:05 PM »
Hutchy? He agreed with her about the fixturing

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2349 on: March 27, 2024, 02:32:00 PM »
Hutchy? He agreed with her about the fixturing

Yeah but had a nice little dig at the end

Will give him credit for taking Cornes to task for not whacking the Hawks like he does Richmond. Although it didn't last long
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2350 on: March 27, 2024, 11:21:45 PM »
I don't get this speed up our rebuild by getting rid of senior players rubbish. Hardwick spent years using recycled players to make up a competitive 22 while the kids came on. Remember Matt Thomas and Nathan Gordon and those types of retreads. There is no point in playing 18 juniors and getting our arses whomped each week. Keep the senior experience while you can and accept your going to add games to at most 10 new players each year but do it in competitive games with a core of senior players around the kids. This will go on for two or 3 years until Gibcus and the like have 50+ games.