Author Topic: Congratulations to Richo - 250 games / Favourite Richo moments  (Read 5602 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Congratulations to Richo - 250 games / Favourite Richo moments
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 06:58:21 PM »
You deserved so much better than that Richo  :(. Sheesh you had to lead up the ground to get the ball as well as run back and kick the goals.

I don't how most of your teammates can look you in the eye after that. Sadly the senior teammates who should've been up for your 250th let you down the most.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »
Great gesture by David Rodan to run up to Richo as he was just about to walk of the ground.
As for his team mates, weak as pee!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
Great gesture by David Rodan to run up to Richo as he was just about to walk of the ground.
Agree Jack on both accounts.

The Richo DVD shown prior to the game was also well done by the Club  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 07:55:56 PM »
thought it was fantastic when Richo went up to give Jack a brief heart to heart after his first goal

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »

Agree Jack

David Rodan = class act, top bloke (as you would know ;))

DVD was sensational - actually hate that song normally but it was perfect for the occassion :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 07:28:29 AM »
What was the song?

Passionfruit

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
It was a Long way to the top by ac/dc . lol
Only joking Julzqld

cant remember actually.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 09:11:47 AM »

Agree Jack

DVD was sensational - actually hate that song normally but it was perfect for the occassion :thumbsup

must have been a gr8 dvd, must have instilled alot of passion amongst the lads

it actually showed by the way they played

passion does not win you games. can u win u some but not when it counts

didnt we learn that in the northey days

passion got us through most the season

with skill we beat the bombers, who can forget the silky skills of matty knights

but hey, when it really counted, with all the passion we had, we played a skillful cats team at waverly

wow passion did us wonders then

liek i said, if a team needs a milestone to lift them up, somthing is wrong

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo’s proud achievement (RFC site)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 12:41:42 PM »
Richo’s proud achievement
12:02 PM Mon 23 July, 2007
By Jason Phelan
for richmondfc.com.au

HE MEANS so much to Richmond supporters, and the Tiger army would have loved nothing more than to see the great man, Matthew Richardson, saluted with a win in his 250th match, but it just wasn’t to be.

“It would have been nice to walk off the ground a winner, but you can’t always be a winner in a milestone game,” a philosophical Richardson said after the loss to Port Adelaide.

“Plenty of other players have done that as well. Unfortunately, that was just the way it went today.”

The Tiger champion finished the game strongly with four goals but failed to make an impact in the first half, and admitted his big game had been a struggle early.

“I was frustrated with myself in the first half because I couldn’t get into the game, and I didn’t want to embarrass myself in a milestone game,” he said.

“With all the attention on you, the last thing you want to do is walk off the ground embarrassing yourself.

“It was just one of those days. We stayed with them early, it was a pretty free-flowing type of game. They’re a high-scoring, high-intensity side, but it was probably going to be tough for us to sustain that level of play over four quarters, and that’s how it turned out.”

But the result in no way diminished the achievement of the champion full-forward, whose four majors on Sunday edged him past Peter Hudson and Wayne Carey on the all-time goalkickers’ list.

“I’m proud of the milestone and I’m proud that I’ve played at Richmond for my whole career,” Richardson said.

“Obviously I would have liked a little more success over the years, but I can’t change that now. All we can do is look to the future. You never write off your chances that you might play in finals and I’ve still got that hope, and that’s why you butter up for another pre-season.

“I’ve had great support all week from all the Richmond supporters, from everyone around the club, my family and all my friends. It’s quite touching the number of texts and phone calls I got during the week from people I used to play with, and it’s really nice to hear from all those sorts of people.”

With just one win in 16 rounds, 2007 has been one of the toughest of Richo’s 15 years in the yellow-and-black, but he maintains he has no trouble motivating himself for battle each week.

“It’s not hard because that’s what we’re here for, and if you can’t get up for a game of AFL footy I don’t think you should be on a list,” he said.

“Look, obviously it’s a difficult year. What gets me up – and I’m sure it’s what gets the other boys up– is that we can try and get a few wins and get some sort of momentum going into next year and get some games into our young guys.”

So having reached 250 games, is the magical 300 mark on the radar?

“Who knows? ” he said. “I mean, I’m contracted next year so I’m obviously going to play next year, and I’ll be 33 at the end of that contract so who knows what happens.

“I wouldn’t make any outlandish statements, but if I’m still contributing I’d like to still play. But a lot can happen in 12 months.

“The body feels fine. I haven’t missed many games in the past four years and I haven’t had any soft-tissue injuries for three years now, touch wood.

“I feel like I present myself in good condition, so I can keep playing if they want me to.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=47796

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2007, 08:49:30 PM »

Agree Jack

The song was by Ronan Keating

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 09:10:50 PM »
I dont think it was ronan keating tigertailz, but i could be wrong. I remember one line that went something like "sometimes its hard to be me" which was totally appropriate for the man lol, had some great footage, and made you feel so proud :)

Bull

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 09:29:17 PM »
I believe the song was "Superman" Its not easy to be me

sung by Five for fighting.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 09:34:22 PM »
I dont think it was ronan keating tigertailz, but i could be wrong. I remember one line that went something like "sometimes its hard to be me" which was totally appropriate for the man lol, had some great footage, and made you feel so proud :)
I stand corrected 2JD!I hear it every now and then on the radio and it reminds me of Ronan Keating.
The song is"Its not easy to be me" by Five for Fighting.Quite an appropriate choice really for Richo!

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »
I believe the song was "Superman" Its not easy to be me

sung by Five for fighting.
Yup Bully  i think it was part of the songlist for the tv series "Smallville"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2007, 09:39:38 PM »

Yeah that's the one 2JD - not Ronan Keating

As I said hate the song but thought it fit the ocassion yesterday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)