Author Topic: Instilling a bit of Mongrel into the team.  (Read 2055 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Instilling a bit of Mongrel into the team.
« on: July 21, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
Who or what do we need to instill a bit of Mongrel into some of or players.
And on that note, who in the upcoming draft has that type of edge to them.
Hate saying it but in all honesty we have been the pansy team for many a year now.
Just never seem to be able to get anyone with the skill and the Mongrel to boot.

It makes me sick when I watch other teams and they all seem to have the one's that will stand up and lift the team when it counts.

Geelong - Mooney, even Ablett (Really hard at it)
WCE - Kerr (Angry little ant) and others
Dawks - Brown Hodge
Could find 1 or more in allmost all teams.

and then us, Just an example - Petticoat, could be a better than average forward if he wasn't such a girl at times.

Who is there to instill a bit of Mongrel in the youngsters and
the new blokes. U know I would love to see lids with an angry look on his face, would improve him as a player in leaps IMO. never seen him angry NEVER.
What about someone like Polak, he is looking good. But you just never expect him to charge through and clean anyone up. And as that is my perception ? wouldn't that also be of teams playing us.
Wouldn't it improve us as a team if they had to think that if some of our guys (Lids, Newy, Polak, Simmo even Foles) when offered the opportunity would give you something to go on with, instead of ducking around and playing the ball.

We need to get a bit of  REAL ANGER into our team.
And even a hit man, or a gutless snipe would be fine with me.
At least the others would look on and maybe feel ashamed and have a bit of a go.

CUB over and out  ;D

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 12:51:31 AM by one-eyed »

Ramps

Re: Instilling a bit of Mongrel into the team.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 01:30:59 AM »
at every draft going forward we need to draft one of these types last year it was conners, this year a Dangerfield (according to internet reports) is really hard at it.

Passionfruit

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »
Thats the reason Miller chased Soloman so hard a few years ago.
Saints have Baker., Hamill . Cats have Chapman, Mooney  Actually everyteam has them except us.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:39 AM »
dont worry we are getting better with getting some mongrel

1/ connors has it
2/ jake king has it
3/ jackson holds his own and has it
4/ at coburg level , i have seen jon fire up, wait til he adds 10 more kgs

jackson and connors though are the key , jacksoan has a good size body and big shoulders and back due yo his rowing background. seen him in most games really get stuck in . connors loves a biff and loves the physical stuff, the key for him is not to get reported cos he can be a very angry boy

king also, wish king was 5 inches taller.

Passionfruit

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:31:12 AM »

1/ connors has it
2/ jake king has it

jackson and connors though are the key , jacksoan has a good size body and big shoulders and back due yo his rowing background. seen him in most games really get stuck in . connors loves a biff and loves the physical stuff, the key for him is not to get reported cos he can be a very angry boy

Jackson ::)
Seen Boomer Harvey push him aside like a paper weight a few weeks ago, next please.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »

1/ connors has it
2/ jake king has it

Jackson ::)
Seen Boomer Harvey push him aside like a paper weight a few weeks ago, next please.

stop vbeing a bs'itter

we all saw that, boomer has experience, and jacko was off balance

u r a blind old fool
i saw jacko, 3 times when both were going to the bench rough him up and jacko 3 times put boomer ion his ar se and was getting into him and was winning

sure boomer won the ponts for on ground performance, but hey look at the experience difference and short ppl have a better centre of gravity , u should know that.

but when these two were toe to toe near the bench 3 times, boomer was sh itting himself

how come u didnt see that 3 times but u noticed one occurance on the ground where boomers body positioning was better

jackstar, u are such a blind tosser at times and only se what u wanna see.

i forget who it was but v ur beloved bombers, jacko put his opponent on his clacker a few times too!

stop being a d ick!

Passionfruit

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:01:25 AM »
Beloved Bombers, I am a Richmond member and I am not biased . I dont reckon Jackson is up to it, or Jay Schultz or most of the team for that matter , thus they have won ONE game.
As for being a tosser, thats your opinion, nothing wrong with tossing either :lol
It amazing you know, I have never personally bagged you but you seem happy to personally insult posters.
Mate, I love tossing and I am a D/ Head! :clapping :clapping

retygas

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:03:44 AM »
I have always thought that Brent Hartigan has got the good mongrel type of old. I love it when we had Tim Flemming playing. If there was any sort of going's on just look and there he was. He was a true Tiger of old and given enough time so will Brent Hartigan.  :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Beloved Bombers, I am a Richmond member and I am not biased . I dont reckon Jackson is up to it, or Jay Schultz or most of the team for that matter , thus they have won ONE game.
As for being a tosser, thats your opinion, nothing wrong with tossing either :lol
It amazing you know, I have never personally bagged you but you seem happy to personally insult posters.

tossing can be fun, but better someone do it for u, of teh female variety that is!

just making the point, u singled out 1 occasion re boomer and jacko, but failed to mention the other 3.

thats all

jacko does have along way to go, but he has a fantastic kick, and was instrumental in getting us in the game til half time v the roos. he was also damn good in 4 other games. he is learning, kicks better than most and is a good mark, he will come good if given the right tuition and time.

ps, if u r gonna toss, numb ur hands first, then it may feel like another doing it lol

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
I have always thought that Brent Hartigan has got the good mongrel type of old. I love it when we had Tim Flemming playing. If there was any sort of going's on just look and there he was. He was a true Tiger of old and given enough time so will Brent Hartigan.  :thumbsup

ppl say jackson hasnt got what it takes, but jackson has 100% more upside than harts.

harts, theres the door, keep walking and dont come back!

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 09:12:02 AM »

A little angry maybe?

Passionfruit

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 09:14:58 AM »
Nah, not at all :thumbsup

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 09:15:31 AM »

tossing can be fun, but better someone do it for u, of teh female variety that is!

just making the point, u singled out 1 occasion re boomer and jacko, but failed to mention the other 3.

thats all

jacko does have along way to go, but he has a fantastic kick, and was instrumental in getting us in the game til half time v the roos. he was also damn good in 4 other games. he is learning, kicks better than most and is a good mark, he will come good if given the right tuition and time.

ps, if u r gonna toss, numb ur hands first, then it may feel like another doing it lol

Is this OER or BigFooty?

Birdman

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »
See you in 35 mins X, i am leaving now  :lol :wallywink

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »
It's a date.

:rollin :rollin