Author Topic: mitch morton  (Read 19001 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: mitch morton
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2007, 07:21:01 AM »
keep 16 for schulz
see if we can trade pettifer and tuck for anything decent
see if we can pinch a ruckman
walk away from mcmahon

thats what im hoping we will do.

i would try and get something decent for tuck b4 petts, at least petts can kick goals

but u r correct

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:51 AM »
morton will be in psd

hooper wont come

shultz to port we get 16 and give them 30
That doesn't make sense, blaisee. We don't have pick 30 unless we do the trade for Morton with the 19 for 30 deal. Therefore your 1st statement, and your 3rd, cannot go together. It could work if you meant "and give them 35", which we currently have.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:22 AM »
Board must Veto these dealings this morning. This is rubbish.
Your such an alarmist, ramps. Why not wait until the exact dealings are known and completed before you, once more, start acting like "chicken little"?
Seriously,you do go overboard at times, and that's an understatement. I think your definition of a good trade/draft period would be to delist/transfer about 15 of our players, then somehow, as if by magic, end up with 10 picks in the top 25. That would make you really happy. However, you need to be a little more realistic.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2007, 08:17:43 AM »
morton will be in psd

hooper wont come

How do we get 30 from the Eagles?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ramps

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2007, 08:31:51 AM »
Your such an alarmist, ramps. Why not wait until the exact dealings are known and completed before you, once more, start acting like "chicken little"?
Seriously,you do go overboard at times, and that's an understatement. I think your definition of a good trade/draft period would be to delist/transfer about 15 of our players, then somehow, as if by magic, end up with 10 picks in the top 25. That would make you really happy. However, you need to be a little more realistic.

this is an internet forum, why do you people take this so seriously, wouldnt be that im  taking the pee half the time lol...anyway for an alarmist i must be going soft. All I have advocated is that we keep our picks and that the board veto rubbish deals if need be. If that makes me an alarmist then so be it. I dont give a stuff. Ive been more realistic than most on here, you didnt see me doing that evaluator poo. Anyway you wanna attack me for saying we should keep our picks thats fine and its your opinion. If you reckon that getting skinny flankers is gonna help Richmond what can I say Gordon your entitled to your view, but calling me an alarmist is champagne comedy lol. Dont take everything so serious champ. Laugh a little bit, take the pee a little bit, this is an online community where we can come on here and pass some time.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2007, 09:03:39 AM »
morton will be in psd

hooper wont come

That doesn't make sense, blaisee. We don't have pick 30 unless we do the trade for Morton with the 19 for 30 deal. Therefore your 1st statement, and your 3rd, cannot go together. It could work if you meant "and give them 35", which we currently have.

yes u r correct

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »
morton will be in psd

hooper wont come

shultz to port we get 16 and give them 30 35
I'd be happy with this if it's true blaisee. Gives us 4 picks in the top 20 - 2, 16, 18, 19.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2007, 10:31:43 PM »
Woodhouse on 6PR said that the Eagles probably won't get pick 18 from Richmond and that the Tigers may well get Morton through the PSD. A deal involving your 3rd rounder is useless as West Coast won't use the pick.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9157464&postcount=1

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2007, 10:59:34 PM »

check out that other site, never seen such crap written by grown men, i assume they are grown men, then again who knows.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »
Can anyone name me 1 Fringe player we have ever picked up from another club, even as strong as the Eagles, that has been any good ?
Learn from mistakes we hope

Polak is 1 anymore

and why is there 5 pages on a dude that couldn't get a game in an injury riddled side

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2007, 02:20:07 AM »
mc mahon is not a compete dud and Morton for 35 seems fair.

2 and 19 still ours and Jay for 16 would be a steal.

Just hope we take Cotchin with 2

Brennan in the PSD would be what we need.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2007, 03:27:41 AM »
The Age says we're giving up pick 19 for Morton and pick 30 while the Herald-Sun says we only cough up pick 35 for him ???.

From the Herald-Sun...

Richmond struck what appeared to be a bargain deal for Eagles half-forward Morton, giving up pick 35 in return.

The Tigers had been contemplating giving up a pick as high as 18, but the Eagles accepted the deal, fearing Morton might slip through to the pre-season draft.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22572406%255E20322,00.html

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2007, 03:38:03 AM »
its morton for 35

mcmahon for 19

we are hoping for 16 for shultz

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2007, 03:47:15 AM »
The Australian also says it's pick 35 for Morton. Thanks blaisee.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22571159-5012432,00.html