Author Topic: mitch morton  (Read 18124 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: mitch morton
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2007, 08:58:15 AM »

:'( was hoping he'd play as a HFF/mid like Petts

also, 14.12 is very very impressive but wouldn't call it elite, i mean last time i did a beat i got 14.5 ;)  :D 8)

If he has elite kicking skills and also has the endurance, stick him in the middle, we need all the skill we can get in there!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2007, 09:08:01 AM »
Good Read IMO  :clapping

He sounds very upbeat about being at Tigerland and really wants to succeed!
I have been a fan since the U/18's canival in 04 so i am really pleased he finally ended up at richmond.

If he gets to play at HB then that also allows newman or Raines to push up.

With McMahon and Morton either Back flanks our skill level looks ALOT better coming out of defence.
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2007, 02:02:40 PM »
I've never seen Morton play on a HBF. Does he have the defensive skills to play in the backline?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
We should look abit more skillful.

I can see us lining up something like:
 - Bowden playing deep in defence in his loose man/3rd tall quarter back role.
 - Newman and McMahon on either HBF
 - You'd think King would be a tagger/midfeilder/backline roatation next season
 - Deledio / Cotchin / Tambling / Morton / Pettifer types as wingers, HFF, roatating midfeilder.
 - Brown deep forward

We can only carry so many types from now on who can't kick. Teams that make the Port, Geelong, Brisbane, WCE over the last couple year have been highly skilled.
Foley, Cogs and Tuck I would say as safe; Foley and Cogs at their best are A-Grade, Tuck is a handy forward option when fit and solid as stuff.

That's already a dozen or more names mentioned that should be non-KPP in our best 22. Add Richo, Simmonds / Pattison, one of Hughes/Schultz and/or Reiwoldt and 2 or 3 KPP backs - and I see only limited spots for low skilled footballers; Johnson, Raines, Polo, Hyde, Jackson, JON

Personally I would prefer to be blooding more highly skilled players; Connors, Edwards, Casserly, Rance etc. So that by 2009 onwards we are developing a team where a best XXII player that cant kick is outstanding in another area of his game.

Not average players who are not overly good at kicking. We have had a few of this types..

In summary I like Mitch Morton.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »
I skipped straight to the summary.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2007, 02:20:41 PM »
Back to the future
12:55 PM Mon 31 December, 2007

By Ben Broad
for richmondfc.com.au

SITTING back in Perth, the Morton family had always admired Joel Bowden.

Now, after crossing from the West Coast Eagles to Richmond, new Tiger Mitch Morton is dreaming of running out alongside his new teammate.

Full article: http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=54499

blx

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
and I see only limited spots for low skilled footballers; Johnson, Raines, Polo, Hyde, Jackson, JON

i notice this is a very broad perception out there that Polo is "low skilled" when the exact opposite is true.

When he arrived he indeed was but has improved out of sight since then and his effective dispoasal stat will atest to this.  :thumbsup

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »
"we love the way Joel Bowden plays,” Morton said.“He plays across half back and gets 30 touches a week and he’s just awesome to watch"
This will go down well with some supporters  ;D. Mitch will also notice Melbourne is also a fishbowl once players become known. Playing in Perth and being more a fringe player at the Eagles meant Victorians didn't notice him that much.

“I’ve sort of been training more as a backman this year, which has been really exciting for me,” Morton said.
If Mitch holds down on HBF and McMahon the other then the only spot for Rainesy and Newy in the side is in the midfield.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
Re: New cub catches that Tiger spirit (The Age)
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »
New cub catches that Tiger spirit
Karen Lyon | November 11, 2007 | The Age

Morton's AFL career started at the 2004 draft, when the Eagles used their third-round pick to select him as their father-son choice

Jarryd was drafted by Hawthorn last year and is the baby of the family, Cale is considered along with Matthew Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin to be the pick of the coming draft.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/new-cub-catches-that-tiger-spirit/2007/11/10/1194329570215.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Has there been a rule change that prevented the Eagles from taking Jarryd or Cale as father-sons?

Is Morton big enough to play as a third tall type against some sides?

How many games do we think he will play next year?

With our additions this trade draft period it sounds as if there will be a lot more competition for positions this coming season (Pls stay away injuries).
Unfortunatley for for the doom and gloomers who want us to feature at the top of the draft

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New cub catches that Tiger spirit (The Age)
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »
Has there been a rule change that prevented the Eagles from taking Jarryd or Cale as father-sons?
Yep HT, the rule was changed a couple of years ago. Now sons of WAFL/SANFL champions need their fathers to have played 200 WAFL/SANFL games between some 20 year period. Adelaide missed out on Gibbs due to this change when under the old rule he was eligible to be a Crow Father/Son.

Is Morton big enough to play as a third tall type against some sides?
He's 185cm tall so I doubt it.

How many games do we think he will play next year?
You'd hope as he's about to turn 21 he can play 22 games in 2008 barring injury.

richmondrules

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2007, 07:28:08 PM »
Back to the future
12:55 PM Mon 31 December, 2007

By Ben Broad
for richmondfc.com.au

SITTING back in Perth, the Morton family had always admired Joel Bowden.

Now, after crossing from the West Coast Eagles to Richmond, new Tiger Mitch Morton is dreaming of running out alongside his new teammate.

Full article: http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=54499

As usual the stupid video link doesn't work (At least in FireFox). Here's one that does.

http://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/PreSeason08/071212_morton.wmv

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2008, 03:07:16 PM »

As usual the stupid video link doesn't work (At least in FireFox). Here's one that does.

http://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/PreSeason08/071212_morton.wmv

Interesting, on the video he says that Foley, Tambling and Deledio are training very hard, even though Nathan has been injured...

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2008, 07:50:40 PM »
Interesting, on the video he says that Foley, Tambling and Deledio are training very hard, even though Nathan has been injured...
Does it say what was wrong with Axel, wayne? :-\

T2

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »
and I see only limited spots for low skilled footballers; Johnson, Raines, Polo, Hyde, Jackson, JON

i notice this is a very broad perception out there that Polo is "low skilled" when the exact opposite is true.

When he arrived he indeed was but has improved out of sight since then and his effective dispoasal stat will atest to this.  :thumbsup

still a bit of a lazy kick

he's like jon, good kick when out in space but when the pressure in on their techniques crumble which doesnt cut it at the top level

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2008, 08:41:37 AM »
Does it say what was wrong with Axel, wayne? :-\

He says..

"I think Brett Deledio, Richard Tambling, Nathan Foley, all those guys, have just been working so hard, umm, especially Nathan, even though he's been injured, he sets a great example for the players and it's no surprise, you know the year he had last year, um, you know, was just fantastic.