Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 401818 times)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2595 on: August 08, 2022, 09:17:02 PM »
Just on this. We are in a world of pain when so much is relied upon on a 33 yo with no kids coming thru to take over his role.
Atm we want to hope his body can hold out and failing that find some real help in a similar role for him.

I'm sure there was a kid named Tyler Sonsie in the midfield. Can't be right as you said we have no kids coming though.  A few other debutants have shown signs this year also. Hardly "no kids"
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2596 on: August 09, 2022, 08:00:20 PM »
You have to take your blinkers off when you speak to Crawski - mainly because he leaves his on!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2597 on: August 09, 2022, 08:13:10 PM »
Anyone that is wanting Cotchin to retire I reckon should be ashamed of themselves. He has earned the right to choose his time. I'm certain that should be the end of next year.

Play him as the sub every 2nd week if we must. Cotchin 300 is Icon status. I'd go as far as say our greatest of them all (Dusty may end up greater). 3 time premiership captain. Brownlow medalist, 300 games. That is once is a lifetime type player. Keep going Trent.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2598 on: August 09, 2022, 08:38:19 PM »
Just on this. We are in a world of pain when so much is relied upon on a 33 yo with no kids coming thru to take over his role.
Atm we want to hope his body can hold out and failing that find some real help in a similar role for him.

I'm sure there was a kid named Tyler Sonsie in the midfield. Can't be right as you said we have no kids coming though.  A few other debutants have shown signs this year also. Hardly "no kids"

Well well well mr literal. Just for you we have few mids coming thru, is that good enough for you.
 in fact atm you would say Sonsie is the only one and he has a fair way to go to get anywhere near Cotchins level.
In fact does not look like a Cotchin type ATM !!!of course.

Cmon tell me what other young mid is there. Ross lol. RC-D FMD he cannot get a game no matter how he performs and my money is on being cut or most likely he asks for a trade for a proper opportunity. Dow sheesh he too cannot demand a regular game or show consistent afl attributes.

The simple truth is those young mids who should be stepping up, that is been around for a little while now are showing nothing or have been  just ordinary.

Ya know we  might help ourselves if we actually drafted mids rather than small fwds and backs or flankers.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2599 on: August 10, 2022, 07:12:44 AM »
If you just went of this guy’s posts, you’d think we’d finished dead last for the last 10 years  :lol

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2600 on: August 10, 2022, 08:01:49 AM »

Well well well mr literal. Just for you we have few mids coming thru, is that good enough for you.
 in fact atm you would say Sonsie is the only one and he has a fair way to go to get anywhere near Cotchins level.
In fact does not look like a Cotchin type ATM !!!of course.

Cmon tell me what other young mid is there. Ross lol. RC-D FMD he cannot get a game no matter how he performs and my money is on being cut or most likely he asks for a trade for a proper opportunity. Dow sheesh he too cannot demand a regular game or show consistent afl attributes.

The simple truth is those young mids who should be stepping up, that is been around for a little while now are showing nothing or have been  just ordinary.

Ya know we  might help ourselves if we actually drafted mids rather than small fwds and backs or flankers.

No need for me to make any further comment as I am not the one making continued false or rediculas claims in my posts.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:21:22 AM by Fluffy Tiger »
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2601 on: August 10, 2022, 08:43:52 AM »
Claw my feelings on the midfield situation is that we have persisted with guys like Edwards and Ross too long when we should have been playing RCD and Dow. Heck even Lambert was getting games despite being crippled and possibly damaging his body further. Both RCD and Dow are in good VFL form, whereas Edwards has been poor most of the year and Ross serviceable at best but not consistently.

I think we have more of a match day selection issue than a developing midfield issue.

Doesn't mean I don't think we need more mids. Just think we haven't persisted enough with these kids, maybe due to pride of the dynasty and whatnot.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2602 on: August 10, 2022, 09:43:14 AM »
Great call Andy  :clapping
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2603 on: August 14, 2022, 06:30:52 PM »
Another big big game from the champ!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2604 on: August 15, 2022, 03:47:21 AM »
Cotch had 30 possies in just 70% gametime  :o.

30 disposals (17k, 13h, 17c, 14u, 50% eff.)
4 marks
3 tackles (1 F50 tackle)
8 clearances (3 centre clearances)
9 inside 50s
1 intercept
401 metres gained
9 score involvements
1 goal assist
1 goal
70% time on ground

Back to back 30+ disposal games for Cotch for the first time since 2017. Statistically this is his best season disposal-wise since then too.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/T/Trent_Cotchin.html

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2605 on: August 15, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
All time Great of the club

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2606 on: August 15, 2022, 10:35:12 AM »
Talk about winding back the clock. Absolutely sensational

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2607 on: August 20, 2022, 10:50:02 PM »
God I love Cotch. Hard as nails since his debut. Completely changed our culture. Absolute tiger immortal.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2608 on: August 20, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »
 :bow

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2609 on: August 20, 2022, 11:25:20 PM »
#Cotch300 - 17 more to go