Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402992 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #390 on: April 25, 2011, 11:16:47 PM »
i agree but his pace just worries me a little
Not sure why, you can see the way he breaks away from packs that this isn't a weakness
I think his running style just looks slow, his testing as a junior showed that he had a 20m sprint of around 2.8-2.9 secs which is in the top bracket

TigerTimeII

« Reply #391 on: April 25, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
i agree but his pace just worries me a little

wtf he is quick, he just has a hunched over running style which him "appear" slow but he is deceptively quick and powerful

10 FLAGS

« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2011, 08:52:07 AM »
dont think this is a problem either. he has enough pace to break away from the contest, not Deledio type speed but pretty good nevertheless.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2011, 10:15:30 PM »
Afl Clearances.

#1. Cotchin. 50.
#2. Judd. 49. 
#3. Swann. 44.
#4. Murphy. 38. 
#5. Boyd. 37.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
If we keep faith in young Trent and support him maybe sometime in the future
he will turn into a solid Foot solder.

Popelord your a no brainer, you said the same thing about Mark Coughlan duh

Cotchin is already 2 years behind & another injury riddled season would make him tradeable
He has had 3 serious injuries repaired in 2 years & is not coming up well after surgery again & the club is resting him why ?? tell me Turkey
Its because his breaking down again,  his body is struggling & so is his mind
What l like to know is how do you judge this player a highly talented champion when his played very few games & has not dominated any of them his played

Your football knowledge & labeling players future champions when they have done nothing shows your a idiot
Your a turkey who gobbles alot & does alot of scratching around forums & your a liar cause your not involved at TAC level at any club
your a TV bandit

have a good day gobbler l'm done replying to you !!!!!
& before you start l be glad to show you my football credentials in person even as recent as this year
 :lol :shh

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:47 PM »
Afl Clearances.

#1. Cotchin. 50.
#2. Judd. 49. 
#3. Swann. 44.
#4. Murphy. 38. 
#5. Boyd. 37.
Cotch is #1 in effective clearances as well.

Top Clearance winners per game

T. Cotchin 8.3
C. Judd 8.2
S. Mitchell 7.5
M. Boyd 7.4
D. Swan 7.3
S. Black 7.2
G. Ablett 7.0
D. Brogan 6.8
B. Sewell 6.8
A. Sandilands 6.6

Top effective clearance winners per game:

Trent Cotchin 4.7
Chris Judd 4.2
Dane Swan 3.8

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821293

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2011, 02:12:21 PM »
Cotchin class on show
By Paul Daffey
richmondfc.com.au
Sun 08 May, 2011

WITH his ability to extract the ball in close as well as make space out wide, Richmond playmaker Trent Cotchin has a rare dual capacity. Couple that with his ability to mark and kick a goal and you have just about the complete midfielder.

Cotchin, however, has been unable to show his full array of gifts before this year because of injury. He missed large chunks of the first three years of his Tigers career because of Achilles injuries in both feet and a shoulder problem.

This year the 21-year-old is showing the benefit of his first full-pre-season. His form has been excellent, but rose to new heights during the 49-point victory over Fremantle at the MCG.

Cotchin had 25 possessions (17 kicks and eight handballs) and kicked four goals, but he was reluctant to concede it was his best game, or even that it was his best game this season.

"I'm just aiming to be consistent," he said.

Part of his reluctance was his wish to acknowledge the performance of his direct opponent, Matthew Pavlich, who also played an excellent game.

Pavlich, taking advantage of ruckman Aaron Sandilands' dominance, had 10 clearances and picked up 33 possessions. Cotchin was disappointed that he was not able to limit the Fremantle captain's output.

"I was happy enough with my game," he said, "but Pavlich did get a bit of it at the stoppages."

The manner of Cotchin's goals showed his range of abilities. In the second quarter, he took a forearm jolt that earned him a kick for too high and slotted the set shot from 35 metres.

In the third quarter he tore the middle, took a pass from Jack Riewoldt and kicked a running goal.

In the last quarter, he set off Richmond's irresistible surge be creating space and kicking truly from 40 metres at the nine-minute mark.

Three minutes later, he was forced to twist and turn in the goalsquare before popping through his fourth goal for the match.

Cotchin's weekly improvement has mirrored the performance of his team. At this rate, they can both look forward to highly productive seasons.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/113324/default.aspx

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »
His kicking worries me, appears to kick alot of floaters. A little unconvincing from my own observation.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
Popelord your a no brainer, you said the same thing about Mark Coughlan duh

Cotchin is already 2 years behind & another injury riddled season makes him tradeable
He has had 3 serious injuries repaired in 2 years & is not coming up well after surgery again & the club is resting him why ?? tell me Turkey
Its because his breaking down again,  his body is struggling & so is his mind
What l like to know is how do you judge this player a highly talented champion when his played very few games & has not dominated any of them his played

Your football knowledge & labeling players future champions when they have done nothing shows your a idiot
Your a turkey who gobbles alot

Richmond Football Club 3,
Tiger monk 0

That's Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin that have all embarrassed you.

I know the forum doesn't like personal insults, but when muppets come on here run their mouth and put down our club they deserve a fair whack when they are proved wrong.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »
Genius.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
In the third quarter he tore the middle, took a pass from Jack Riewoldt and kicked a running goal.

It was a great goal but a magnificent kick by Jack
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2011, 08:26:41 PM »
The Cotch is a gun :thumbsup

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »

It was a great goal but a magnificent kick by Jack
On the non preferred left too!

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
If we keep faith in young Trent and support him maybe sometime in the future
he will turn into a solid Foot solder.

A solid footsoldier?  :lol
That is a joke, isn't it Bents?

His kicking worries me, appears to kick alot of floaters. A little unconvincing from my own observation.

Harsh imo. I don't want to see players like Cotchin lining up the perfect drop punt. He is getting contested possession in such tight situations that he would get cleaned up if he even tried it.
Outside mids like Houli and Grigg- yes they should be kicking drop punts.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
Grigg outside?  ??? That dude is tough as nails and wins a sh! t load out contested ball