Author Topic: Yeah or Neah: 17. Kane Johnson  (Read 2655 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yeah or Neah: 17. Kane Johnson
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »
What should happen with the captain who is also out of contract apparently?

There were rumours about a month ago on here that he would retire at the end of season after an ordinary year (drop in form, broken hand & mild OP) but his last few weeks of the year were his best. Still played all 22 games and finished 4th in total disposals at Richmond.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=586

Ox

Re: Yeah or Neah: 17. Kane Johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 04:15:44 PM »
Any senior player that displays an ability at seasons end deserves to be fired.

Imo, it speaks volumes of the half hearted approach that we have been victim of for many years.

So what - he played a couple of good games.

This proves he could have p;ayed at this standard at other times during the year.

Anyone who kiks the wrong way at a centre bounce is a non required player

Sticking by my year long opinion.

FHO!!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:45:20 PM »
Move Sugar out to a flank and keep him. The cubs need to be given more responsibility in the midfield as happened later on this season.

If we want to hand over the captaincy to say Lids or Foley then I wouldn't be surprised if Sugar has it for one more year much to the angst of supporters. If Newy is next in line then there could be a change over summer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:56:42 PM »
Keep - Richo captain for a year - then lids for the next 10 or so ....

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »
 :-\

retygas

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »
Don't move him to the flank he's shown nothing, him on the flank would take away the opertunity for a younger player to show his worth. So we show him the door by delisting him. If no one wants to do it I'll be quite happy to tell him he's just been sacked. And Browny for captain for me.

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 05:11:56 PM »
Don't move him to the flank he's shown nothing, him on the flank would take away the opertunity for a younger player to show his worth. So we show him the door by delisting him. If no one wants to do it I'll be quite happy to tell him he's just been sacked. And Browny for captain for me.
I'm glad you are not the football manager at Richmond!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 08:22:44 PM »
He'll be a keeper for sure

MAy not be Captain but definitely will be staying IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 11:10:36 PM »
Disagree retygas on this one. Sugar still offers plenty to the team and flankers are a dime a dozen so Sugar wouldn't be taking the spot of a gun youngster. Leave the centre square onball roles for the classy cubs to takeover.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »
Based on this season any other club would be asking him to consider his football career...but we'll keep him.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 10:52:40 PM »
Interesting snippet in Craig Hutchinson's column in the Sunday Age this week when he mentioned about the Tiger captainancy (back page of the sports liftout).

Hutchy reckons that Johnson will be Captain in 2008 and that Chris Newman is doing all the right things to be the next RFC captain when Johnson decides to hand over the reins

:whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 04:15:30 PM »
hutchy is crap, richmond supporters have known for ages that newy is the captain in waiting before Lids/Foley  :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
Johnson will be captain again in 2008...he doesn't deserve it but he will keep it because there is no one else who has the required experience, time on the park in 2008 and temperament to claim the role next year.

Newman should be given No 17 regardless I say with Lids and Axel his vices. Richo, Bowden, Sugar and Simmo will always be onfield leaders while they remain playing but we need to prepare for the future and groom our young leaders.

Sugar does not inspire his teammates with his actions and always seems reserved and measured when addressing the troops. We need an on and off field leader and at the moment Sugar is struggling to even keep his position in the team. If he didn't have the (c) next to his name on the game sheet he would have been dropped to the 2nds a number of times during the season.

Time for the future and time to start making the hard decisions Tigers!

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
Interesting snippet in Craig Hutchinson's column in the Sunday Age this week when he mentioned about the Tiger captainancy (back page of the sports liftout).

Hutchy reckons that Johnson will be Captain in 2008 and that Chris Newman is doing all the right things to be the next RFC captain when Johnson decides to hand over the reins

:whistle
Tell us something we don't know Hutchy  :wallywink. Newy is probably next in line at the moment but anything can happen in 12 months. Most supporters 5 years ago were expecting Cogs to be captain by now but he's just got to worry about getting on the park. Another strong year from Foley or a true breakout year by Lids could give us more candidates for captain in 2009.

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
l rekon johnson would be a poor choice he gives us nothing at best very little . newman or bowden easily best choice for me :thumbsup
2 years into a 35 year plan