Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41687 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Federal Election
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »

1) the $900 stimulus was necessary. It helped stimulate spending.

Does it not worry you that a good % of the Liberal party disagree with that?
No it doesn't. It's what I believe that matters to me. 

What really worries me is that people have died because of a dud government scheme and no-one is held accountable for it.
It worries me that the government can put up a new leader and think people will forget how many mistakes were made. And what worries me more than anything, if this forum is any indication with what the majority believe, we will have to put up with more mistakes and mis-management of tax payer money for 3 more years. :banghead   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »

What really worries me is that people have died because of a dud government scheme and no-one is held accountable for it.
It worries me that the government can put up a new leader and think people will forget how many mistakes were made. And what worries me more than anything, if this forum is any indication with what the majority believe, we will have to put up with more mistakes and mis-management of tax payer money for 3 more years. :banghead   

no you wont Labour will be out make no mistake about it but more than anything its because of how badly they have managed this campaign. They didnt stand a chance when they dumped Rudd. Abott and his work choices will head this country for the next term.

Just as a final note on the $900 and for the last time people overseas still get the money and spend it in the country they are in which directly assists the world economy.
People who have died well the $900 did go their estate which in turn may or may not go their beneficiaries,to spend on what they like in our economy.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »

no you wont Labour will be out make no mistake about it but more than anything its because of how badly they have managed this campaign. They didnt stand a chance when they dumped Rudd. Abott and his work choices will head this country for the next term.

Just as a final note on the $900 and for the last time people overseas still get the money and spend it in the country they are in which directly assists the world economy.
People who have died well the $900 did go their estate which in turn may or may not go their beneficiaries,to spend on what they like in our economy.
Daniel. I posted a response to your 5 time question and all you give me back is fluff.
There were 6 points I used to answer your question..... Give me something.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »
 i read your 6 with about as much interest as i read Abbotts declaration. Basically you say you agree but dont agree. You seem to me to be a swinging voter just going with whoever provides you with better financial options.

We go round and round here i have already mentioned about a dozen times about what the ALP has achieved since they began government.

The only major developed country in the world to avoid recession or would you have preferred many more people lose their jobs and homes.

Just on Unemplyment lets look at the figures shall we. We have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world. The stimilus the Government outlayed played a big part in the numbers.

The abolishment of Work Choices. Howard that racist piece of s h i t can shove that act up his ring hole.

Just on the deaths. Unfortunate i agree which is why Garrett should've been sacked on the spot but out of curiosity have you been to Iraq lately or does that not count. The numbers fighting over there can and should've been avoided.

The biggest mistake Labour made and it will bring them undone in a few weeks is to try and suck up to voters by bringing in Gillard. You cant buy peoples votes just because a woman is now the PM.

Rudd would've had Abbott's measure in the end, i have no absolutely no doubt

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2010, 10:39:28 PM »

The people died because of poor work practices, not the scheme. The companies which put these people to work without proper training and OH&S are being held accountable.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »

The people died because of poor work practices, not the scheme. The companies which put these people to work without proper training and OH&S are being held accountable.
that's true FF but the reality is that the GOVERNMENT rushed the scheme without the correct accreditation and training programs In place. Garrett knew it was going to be a problem, the legitimate companies which have been operating in the industry knew, all warned Rudd but he did nothing. Probably because he was overseas trying to convince the world that it was important to have a trading scheme. Problem is that his own country doesn't have one.
Fact is that 2.5 billion is wasted and 1 billion more to fix. Houses burnt down. Companies going bankrupt. 1 million homes at risk. People living in fear. 4 people dead.
This isn't a government I am willing to take a risk on twice. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »
i read your 6 with about as much interest as i read Abbotts declaration. Basically you say you agree but dont agree. You seem to me to be a swinging voter just going with whoever provides you with better financial options.

We go round and round here i have already mentioned about a dozen times about what the ALP has achieved since they began government.

The only major developed country in the world to avoid recession or would you have preferred many more people lose their jobs and homes.

Just on Unemplyment lets look at the figures shall we. We have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world. The stimilus the Government outlayed played a big part in the numbers.

The abolishment of Work Choices. Howard that racist piece of s h i t can shove that act up his ring hole.

Just on the deaths. Unfortunate i agree which is why Garrett should've been sacked on the spot but out of curiosity have you been to Iraq lately or does that not count. The numbers fighting over there can and should've been avoided.

The biggest mistake Labour made and it will bring them undone in a few weeks is to try and suck up to voters by bringing in Gillard. You cant buy peoples votes just because a woman is now the PM.

Rudd would've had Abbott's measure in the end, i have no absolutely no doubt
first of all if you think that Rudds stulimulus was the ONLY reason for this country not going into recession, then you are in denial.
This country is and was smack bang in the middle of a mining boom, fueled by the growth of India and China. To add to that the Howard government left a hefty sum of money to Rudds government on which to use. If the country isn't in a strong financial position then there's no doubt stimulus would have been less effective. Even Gillard has agreed with this.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:07 PM »
first of all if you think that Rudds stulimulus was the ONLY reason for this country not going into recession, then you are in denial.
This country is and was smack bang in the middle of a mining boom, fueled by the growth of India and China. To add to that the Howard government left a hefty sum of money to Rudds government on which to use. If the country isn't in a strong financial position then there's no doubt stimulus would have been less effective. Even Gillard has agreed with this.
The mining stocks and commodity prices still took a massive hit during the GFC. BHP had a drop of 62% in annual profits during the 2008-9 financial year.

No doubt the mining boom thanks to China has underpinned our economy for a decade or more but without the surplus measures Australia would've been in recession which would've deeply hurt confidence, closed down businesses, cost far more jobs (200k at least IIRC), cost the economy and hence hit Government revenues even further. With no stimulus the Government of either persuasion would've had to go into debt anyway as the bottom fell out of its revenues and worse still with a lingering deep recession on its hands. Making "orthodox" spending cuts in such a deflationary scenario would not have helped as was found out in the 1930s when Australia was one of the worst affected countries by the great depression. The State had to step in with the free market in free-fall. Remember other measures such as securing bank deposits also provided security and stability to the Australian banks and the economy in general. The fact we never went into recession and never reached even the Government and Treasury's own predicted unemployment levels during the GFC is a massive tick for the Government's surplus measures. The Libs opposed the stimulus so their economic credibility has been severely weakened. Since the election has switched focussed back to the economy during the past week and with Abbott avoiding any debate on the economy the polls have swung back to the ALP.

Of course a strong economy helps when a crisis hits. The economic reforms since 1983 have opened up the Australian economy and given it flexibility. We avoided the Asian tiger crisis in the late 1990s as well remember. I'm sure you'll give Howard/Costello full credit for that and none to Hawke/Keating even though Howard in 1996 publicly admitted he inherited a strong economy :whistle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #173 on: August 12, 2010, 10:12:01 AM »
Crank up the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCVL9vTM_yU&feature=player_embedded

Joe Hockey doing the twist cracked me up.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
Crank up the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCVL9vTM_yU&feature=player_embedded

Joe Hockey doing the twist cracked me up.

some of your best work FF. Classic

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Brilliant  :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FNM

« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
Channel Nine employ Mark Latham to work on 60 Minutes
But they bag the crap out of him on their news for turning up to do his job interviewing Abbott
They probably employed him knowing he'd be an embarrassment for Labor and make more mileage for the Libs
This is the dirtiest campaign ever  :(
Mark Latham is a joke but why employ him?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
But they bag the crap out of him on their news for turning up to do his job interviewing Abbott
They probably employed him knowing he'd be an embarrassment for Labor and make more mileage for the Libs

spot on was thinking the same thing re: Latham

Was at a function today and from Jeff Kennett "This is the worst campaign, state or federal i have ever seen in my whole political life"

on a side note gee its good seeing Joe Hockey go up against Swan. He would have to be Liberals weakest link wouldnt he.?

he couldnt land a root in a brothel let alone win a public debate.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: August 13, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »

spot on was thinking the same thing re: Latham

Was at a function today and from Jeff Kennett "This is the worst campaign, state or federal i have ever seen in my whole political life"

on a side note gee its good seeing Joe Hockey go up against Swan. He would have to be Liberals weakest link wouldnt he.?

he couldnt land a root in a brothel let alone win a public debate.
first of all boys and girls "crazy" mark Latham was elected by the labor party as their leader.  :lol
secondly your favourite charlatan, the bipolar schizophrenic, "I'm not me and now I am me" Julia Gillard was one of his most loyal supporters.
Thirdly this political campaign is the worst because of the complete spin and bulldust and lies coming from the labor party and not enough attack coming from the liberals.
Laslty most political analysts gave the debate to Joe slightly ahead of Swan. The FACT is that Wayne Swan has presided over the greatest amount of waste in political history. But apparently it was ONLY Kevin Rudds fault.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »

secondly your favourite charlatan, the bipolar schizophrenic, "I'm not me and now I am me" Julia Gillard was one of his most loyal supporters.

Poor effort Mr Tigra using mental illness to try and make a smart alec point  >:(

And BTW even if you were trying to be "funny" it wasn't because mental illness aint funny

Thirdly this political campaign is the worst because of the complete spin and bulldust and lies coming from the labor party and not enough attack coming from the liberals.

And vice versa - the spin's becoming thick and fast from both sides. Take your biased Liberal glasses off for one minute and you will see that  :thumbsup

And finally what do we all make of the polls in the last few days. A Labor surge is how's it's being reported  :rollin :rollin

Said it before and I will say it again the polls mean nothing, the only thing that counts is next Saturday and then it will be over thank goodness

PS: Can anyone tell me who is the leader of the National Party is? Reason I ask is if the Opposistion gets elected next weekend the Leader of the Nationals becomes our Deputy PM it would be nice to know the persons name  :help  :rollin :rollin

Actually that's another interesting point that gets lost in the federal political debate in this country. That is under the current numbers (and it's been this way for decades now) the Libs cannot win in their own righ they need their coalition deal with the Nats to win ...  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)