Author Topic: Federal Election  (Read 41628 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Federal Election
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
Magic Rings just don't cut it i middle earth anymore do they Gerkin? I mean, if you let some orcs in then you have to let all the orcs in, next thing they are raping all the elves and stealing all the unicorns and stabbing all the halflings.  I mean the only ones safe are the Rangas and the elderly.  Even then its dicey, those orcs will pork anything.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2010, 06:20:30 PM »
Magic Rings just don't cut it i middle earth anymore do they Gerkin? I mean, if you let some orcs in then you have to let all the orcs in, next thing they are raping all the elves and stealing all the unicorns and stabbing all the halflings.  I mean the only ones safe are the Rangas and the elderly.  Even then its dicey, those orcs will pork anything.

Good heavens

:lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »
I voted Green myself.  A lot of people say I wasted my vote, I think Infamy said it once.  One bloke said 'But Owl, they want to legalize gay marriage!!!'  And I said yeah I know, I wanna help em, why should they get out of being stuffing miserable like everyone else.  Gay men will rejoice as they don't have a wife to give all their stuff to when they get divorced and if anyone can work out how Lesbians are gonna figure it all out, draw me a diagram because I gave up.

gerkin greg

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
As long as they don't start having kids who cares what they do with their sausages and crumpets.
I voted Greens because I want a high speed train and a block of hash to smoke at 400kph while I read Rodox.
Also I'm offended by your ranga comment Owl. If it is not in front of Gillard or Jackson it is unnecessary and off-topic.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:31 PM »
I have decided I want Bob Katter for PM now, he is winning me over.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:43 PM »
Why speak when there is nothing to say. To me this shows more self control that Julia's recent blurts about nothing... ::)

Well Tony had plenty to say on Saturday night, and yesterday  ;D Actually yesterday he just repeated what he said on Sunday... he does that alot Tone, repeating himself

And after today's comments to the Indy's about how he "loves the bush" and then something about how comfortable he feels when he goes to the bush I think it would be a good idea if took your advice on board tiga  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2010, 02:11:30 AM »
The voting counting is still up in the air even if the doubtful seats are changing. Labor still holding a lead in Corangamite by 573 votes; Hasluck looks like going to the Libs with postals favouring them; while Brisbane is the 3rd doubtful seat. Labor making inroads on postals and absentees there as the Libs lead has gone from 785 down to 382 votes two-party preferred.

So current (predicted) seat standings are:
ALP        71  (72)
Coalition  71  (73)
Green       1   (1)
Indep.      4   (4)
Doubtful    3
Total       150 (150)

With 4 independents it's still anybody's.

The 3 ex-conservative independents have made 7 demands:
http://resources.news.com.au/files/2010/08/25/1225910/057630-hs-news-file-independents-list-of-demands.pdf

However Abbott doesn't want Treasury to cost his policies  :whistle
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/open-your-books-or-else-independents-warn-tony-abbott/story-fn5ko0pw-1225910148218
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »
Why speak when there is nothing to say. To me this shows more self control that Julia's recent blurts about nothing... ::)

Well Tony had plenty to say on Saturday night, and yesterday  ;D Actually yesterday he just repeated what he said on Sunday... he does that alot Tone, repeating himself

And after today's comments to the Indy's about how he "loves the bush" and then something about how comfortable he feels when he goes to the bush I think it would be a good idea if took your advice on board tiga  ;D
He is pretty useless isn't he...bloody brown nose.  He was never meant to succeed, just be a divisive pain in the bum until someone better could swoop in, the problem is, everytime someone intelligent actually leads the liberals their supporters get upset LOL  Turnbull, Fraser, Peacock, Hewson...instead they prefer these nutty ranters like Howard and Abbot with hardcore religious affiliations...  scares me silly, I want to keep church and state separate personally.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
ONE of the men holding the balance of power in Australia wants to redraw the map of Australia to boost development and fit more people in.
Independent MP Bob Katter believes the map should be redrawn to dramatically change the borders of the Northern Territory and Queensland, the NT News reports.

The NT would gain the Kimberley and Broome, but lose Borroloola and the McArthur River mine.

Mr Katter, who represents a north Queensland seat in Canberra, said the NT should be renamed the state of North-Western Australia.

He said it could:
BETTER exploit its natural resources;
BECOME a food bowl;
ACCOMMODATE an extra 100,000 people.

Mr Katter also wants Queensland split into two states - north and south - from a line heading west from near Rockhampton.

He said Australia should be reconfigured to "develop and occupy" its land mass.

"I don't know of anywhere else in the world where people are governed by a government thousands of kilometres away," he said.

Former WA Labor Attorney-General Jim McGinty scoffed at the idea.

"Bob Katter is as silly as a cut snake,” he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-reports/bob-katter-says-australias-nt-qld-borders-should-be-redrawn/story-fn5ko0pw-1225910420574

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »
The idea of redrawing the state and territory boundries in the north is nothing new and has some merit. Most involve North Queensland as well, but given Catter comes from those parts Its no surpise he wants Queensland to gain, not lose.

The north of Australia will never become a food bowl, for so many reasons. Typical attitude, we stuffed what we got so lets go and stuff somewhere else as well. Morons!

As for Booraloola. A lot of Queensland fisherman vist there because you can still catch Barramundi in the NT, but I dont know of too mant NT fishos who venture over to QLD for their fishing.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
I my opinion the quicker they do away with compulsory voting the better it will be for all.

Seeing the informal vote was over 600K this election (a staggering number and a major concern IMHO) I don't think we can afford to make voting non-compulsory...

If they did that it; it may end being just you and me voting Mr Tigra  ;D

And when you think that Mr Rabbit & others are hell bent on demonising 3000 odd refugees arriving in boats who would just love to be able to vote & participate in a free democracy........

Mr Rabbit? What the stuff is that about? You disgust me..... :shh

gerkin greg

« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »
Katter is a genius. We need some new states and capital cities, i'm bored with the old ones and kids grow up thick because they can count them on their fingers. I propose the newest capital city be called Goblin Town.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
Maybe Bob Katter could secede from the Commonwealth, set up his own little sovreign state and declare himself KingKatter.

gerkin greg

« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »
Would this sovereign state be called Goblin Town?
I've been waiting for the headline "KATTER-MONGST THE PIGEONS"

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »
Would this sovereign state be called Goblin Town?
I've been waiting for the headline "KATTER-MONGST THE PIGEONS"

King Katter of Goblin Country, capital city, Goblin Town.