Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 244182 times)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rance Retires Effectively Immediately to Focus on Family & Faith
« Reply #2505 on: January 09, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
LOL, you couldn't write a fiction novel this good!!

For every 'he's coming back' rumour, there are rumours going the other way.  I heard one the other day which came from the mouth of a former RFC player (before Rance's time)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2506 on: January 09, 2020, 03:36:47 PM »
Go on then, tell us
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2507 on: January 09, 2020, 03:44:28 PM »
Probably just one of Reece McKenzie, Dean McDonald or Jason Westhoff talking shyte about us again... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2508 on: January 10, 2020, 05:15:22 PM »
Nothing related to his retirement announcement but Rance has posted this on his instagram page.

https://www.instagram.com/alexrance/

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2509 on: January 10, 2020, 07:04:41 PM »
 :banghead

Fuming. I've just removed a post with an unsubstantiated rumour

We made it very clear that anything like that would be removed.from this forum

That it gets posted on other sites like is BF is not justification for posting stuff like that here.

We've benn very consistent all the way along about this, so this is not a snap decision

Please see
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=29777.msg670507#msg670507
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2510 on: January 13, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
Looks like it is all true, gutted

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2511 on: January 13, 2020, 06:10:12 PM »
Looks like it is all true, gutted
PM if you can mate  ;)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2512 on: January 13, 2020, 06:10:32 PM »
Link plz

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2513 on: January 16, 2020, 04:12:51 AM »
Rance ready for Geelong move

Tamara McDonald
Geelong Advertiser
January 16, 2020

Recently-retired AFL star Alex Rance is set to focus on his footy school, which has a campus opening in Geelong next month, full-time.

Mr Rance is the co-founder and co-director of The Academy, an elite college that already has a campus in Essendon, and provides an alternative to standard Year 11 and 12 schooling with a strong focus on AFL development.

It will be opening in Hamlyn Heights and students will graduate with VCAL qualifications and pathways to tertiary institutions.

Luke Surace, co-director at The Academy, yesterday confirmed Mr Rance would be involved “in a full-time capacity” across all campuses from 2020, leading the high performance and football aspects of the program.

Mr Rance and Mr Surace will work together on the future growth of the program in further Victorian locations.

“Alex is excited to combine his two passions, AFL and education, in a more full-time capacity,” Mr Surace said.

Mr Rance, a 2017 premiership star for Richmond and five-time All-Australian defender, announced his shock retirement last month.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/retired-afl-star-alex-rance-taking-fulltime-reigns-of-geelong-essendon-footy-schools/news-story/e715d7e22646a9695ce8cc4cfd5845bc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2514 on: January 16, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »
Ch 7 and 9 news both just mentioned that later on in their respective bulletins they'll have Houli talking about Rance.

In the snippet Ch 9 showed just now Houli was saying if he (Rance) can get his life into balance he can see Rance coming back.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Houli praying Rance will find fulfilment - and return to Richmond (Age)
« Reply #2515 on: January 16, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »
Houli praying Rance will find fulfilment - and return to Richmond

Peter Ryan
The Age
16 January 2020 5:00pm

Dual premiership Tiger Bachar Houli was shocked when his teammate Alex Rance announced he was retiring just before Christmas, given Rance had presented to the group in a strategy meeting just days earlier.

The surprise has barely subsided and Houli is still hopeful Rance can find a way to return to the game where he made his name, admitting he is "praying" that Rance will come back.

As is his gentle and genuine way off the field, Houli emphasised that his prayers are more focused on Rance finding the happiness he said he was seeking when he left behind the game that has dominated his life for so long.

But he also made it clear he would like the five time All-Australian alongside him on the field, too.

"Everyone is sad that he has stepped away from the game but I pray that he comes back because he such an incredible player but more importantly an incredible person ... I pray that he comes back but more importantly we pray that he continues to be happy and to fulfil what he wants to fulfil in life," Houli said.

The two teammates caught up briefly at a funeral recently but their discussion was focused on the occasion rather than any football talk, with Houli always capable of finding perspective when required.

"Things happen and there is more to life than just football," Houli said.

"[Alex] admitted he struggled to balance his life to an extent and we all go through that. We are not perfect human beings but I am sure if he can balance other things in life and be able to incorporate all this I have confidence that he will return, but that is obviously his decision."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/houli-praying-rance-will-find-fulfilment-and-return-to-richmond-20200116-p53s44.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2516 on: January 16, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
Richmond defender Bachar Houli says he's been praying Alex Rance will change his mind and return to the Tigers. http://7NEWS.com.au @Jacquifelgate #7NEWS
Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1217716427353755648

Richmond's Bachar Houli says he's confident retired teammate Alex Rance will make a comeback. @coreynorris9 #9News
Watch here: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1217716187112656896

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers star Bachar Houli praying for Rance return (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #2517 on: January 16, 2020, 07:34:23 PM »
Tigers star praying for Rance return

Peter Rolfe
Herald Sun
16 January 2020 7:00pm

Dual Richmond premiership star Bachar Houli is hopeful Alex Rance will return as an AFL footballer, admitting he was shocked by his teammate’s abrupt retirement.

All-Australian Houli declared there was more to life than football and hoped Rance found happiness after stepping away from the game last month.

But he said the timing of Rance’s retirement as the Tigers chase a second flag in three years caught the club by surprise and he hoped the Richmond great returned.

“We all wish that he comes back,’’ he said.

Houli described Rance as “one of the best humans that ever existed’’.

“He is all about family, all about happiness,’’ he said.

“Yes, everyone is sad that he stepped away from the game but I pray that he comes back.

“Because he is such an incredible player but, more importantly, an incredible person.’’

Rance, 30, has vowed to work on his private academy in the wake of his shock retirement last month, after spending most of last season on the sidelines through injury.

But Houli said the door was open for a Richmond return if the five-time All-Australian had the hunger.

“I pray that he comes back,’’ he said.

“But, more importantly, we pray that he continues to be happy and to fulfil what he wants to fulfil in life.’’

Houli revealed Richmond players were as surprised as fans when Rance – who he labelled “ a brother for life’’ announced he was stepping aside.

“I’m sure everyone was pretty shocked, I was very, very shocked to be quite honest,’’ he said.

“Because I remember two days before he announced his retirement he was standing up talking about certain plays … it sounded like he was extremely passionate and just wanted to get on the field.

“I was really shocked, but things happen.’’

Houli said leading a balanced life would be the key to any Rance return.

“Alex is a person that when he commits to something, he fully commits,’’ he said.

“He admitted that he had struggled to balance his life to an extent and we all go through that.

“We are not perfect human beings.

“But I’m sure if he can balance other things in life and be able to incorporate all this, I have confidence that he will be able to return.

“But that’s obviously his decision.

“What we want is for him to be happy because life goes beyond football.’’

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/bachar-houli-says-he-hopes-alex-rance-returns-to-afl/news-story/7d05c7432f5d084a859dd5e175423ff0

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2518 on: January 16, 2020, 08:32:45 PM »
i think we can put it to bed now any of the rumours. The great bachar has spoken!

The JW influence played a major part in this IMO.

Bonus if he comes back but i doubt it. Time for Balta to make his move.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2519 on: January 17, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
Walked in at the wrong time last night, just saw come back Houli Rance. Was totally over the moon for a second there, here's hoping :pray