Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 211899 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Rance Retires Effectively Immediately to Focus on Family & Faith
« Reply #2610 on: February 11, 2020, 07:02:36 AM »
I'd be chucking the freed up Rance money at Zac Williams who just knocked back a contract offer from GWS..,....:shh

After his insipid effort in the GF, he'd need to pay us

One hit in the GF and  he went down quicker than BEllis.

Looks a good player when things are going well, goes missing when the heat is on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2611 on: February 11, 2020, 07:23:58 AM »
I'd be chucking the freed up Rance money at Zac Williams who just knocked back a contract offer from GWS..,....:shh

Corr, Taylor, Caldwell or Green are all significantly better value for money options from GWS than Williams

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2612 on: February 11, 2020, 12:49:24 PM »
Srill yet ti see what;s s good about Caldwell...I'd take Corr cheap but Willians is a clear level above ...Taylor would be great but .Green would cost an arm & a leg and hence wouldn't be better value...might as well have chucked the likes of Cameron, Whitfield, Kelly & Tarranto into the convo as well... :shh

After his insipid effort in the GF, he'd need to pay us

Ooh he had a shocker in a match where his team was flogged by 15 goals...must be no good....along with pretty much every GWS player bar Tarranto..... :shh

One hit in the GF and  he went down quicker than BEllis.

Looks a good player when things are going well, goes missing when the heat is on

Rich coming from a serial Short apologist... :shh :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2614 on: February 11, 2020, 07:48:10 PM »
Lol GTFO 800-900 hahahhaha

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2615 on: February 11, 2020, 09:21:01 PM »
Williams is a jet.

But if Rance really is gone we should target the best KPD.

We’re obviously never gonna get someone as good as Rance but we’re 1 kpd injury away from struggling imo.

If you could trust Darcy Moore’s hamstrings that someone you could look at coming out of contract this season and the pies struggling to retain him and de goey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2616 on: February 11, 2020, 11:37:05 PM »
I'd take De Goey over Moore even if Grimes & Astbury both retired tomorrow...... :shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2617 on: February 12, 2020, 09:06:23 AM »
I'd take De Goey over Moore even if Grimes & Astbury both retired tomorrow...... :shh

I concur.  I think De Goey is gettable. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2618 on: February 12, 2020, 12:42:53 PM »
Richmond supporter too... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2619 on: February 12, 2020, 01:46:06 PM »
X factor! Best players in the F50 every day.

De Goey + Martin in the F50 or rotating mid would be ridiculous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Alex Rance reveals he’s leading a trek to Nepal in November (Foxsports)
« Reply #2620 on: February 15, 2020, 06:18:47 PM »
Retired Richmond star Alex Rance reveals he’s leading a trek to Nepal in November

February 15, 2020 5:01pm
FOX SPORTS

Former Richmond star Alex Rance has broken his silence to reveal what he plans to do now he’s got plenty of time on his hands following his shock AFL retirement.

And it turns out the Tigers champion is set to embark on a life-changing adventure to climb some of the highest peaks in the world.

“I have a pretty amazing adventure planned for Nepal in November,” Rance wrote on Instagram. “If you’re an adventurer and keen to challenge yourself and help other(s) achieve, I’d love you to join me. Spots are limited tho (sic).”

The trek, being run by Heath and Fitness Holidays and Kokoda Courage, will feature 20 adventurers trekking the Annapurna circuit in the Himalayas with the Richmond legend.

The Annapurna Circuit is one of the most famous treks in Nepal.

The news comes a couple of weeks after it was revealed that Rance left a massive sum of money on the table when he walked away from Richmond and the AFL in December.

It was reported that Rance agreed to a settlement worth one-sixth of his $800,000-a-year salary — which was just two months of his deal for 2020 — to free up $1.4 million in the Tigers’ salary cap for this year and next.

Rance stunned the footy world a couple of months ago when he announced his retirement at the age of 30, citing family reasons and his faith for the decision.

“Right now, I feel I have served my purpose in terms of my on-field performance and cultural impact and I’m so grateful to the football club for their support and care in allowing me to do that in my own unique way,” he said at the time.

“Now I feel is the right time for me to put the same time and energy into other areas of my life that need it and to prioritise the more important things to me, such as my spiritual growth, my family and friends.”

Following his announcement it was revealed Rance had separated from his wife Georgia.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-alex-rance-richmond-tigers-rance-reveals-nepal-trip-following-retirement/news-story/bfe2f8661255fbb7c65e9988d7bd9de2

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2621 on: February 15, 2020, 07:06:05 PM »
Can do that after the grand final mate...

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2622 on: February 15, 2020, 07:17:28 PM »
Yep.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2623 on: February 16, 2020, 05:32:50 AM »
Like many Tigers past and present Sam Lloyd was surprised but not shocked with Alex Rance’s sudden retirement.

“I am still good mates with Rancey. I have given him his space and haven’t spoken to him about it, he’s probably getting phone calls from all over the place

I guess I can understand it, I see where he’s coming from knowing Rancey for five or six years there, “

He is a complex guy, one of the nicest funniest guys you will ever meet but he is complex and at the end of the day I respect his decision.

There is obviously a lot more to it I don’t know and he's made the decision for himself and I hope he’s happy.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/sam-lloyd-on-his-mate-dusty-the-afls-mental-health-battle-and-how-he-turned-things-around-at-the-western-bulldogs/news-story/325cd0e74c114cc51250615e06e012ca

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2624 on: February 19, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
Hardwick has given up on Alex Rance returning

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
19 Feb 2020

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick admits he has given up on the prospect of Alex Rance playing in 2020.

Rance stunningly retired in December to explore his faith and be closer to his family, but rumours persisted that he would return to the game.

“Yeah I have (given up hope that Rance will come back this year), he’s got a greater purpose in life right now with his family and faith,” Hardwick told SEN Breakfast..

“I don’t sit there and say I understand the decision, but I support the man. He’s been a terrific servant for us, he’ll always be a Richmond man and he is always welcome at our footy club.

“We’ve got 41 of 42 players who can help us right here, right now so there’s no point looking in the rear vision mirror, we’ve got to continue to look forward and continue to develop our next premiership side which is hopefully not too far away.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/02/18/hardwick-has-given-up-on-alex-rance-returning-quashes-darcy-moore-link/