Author Topic: Echuca to host Tigers  (Read 7882 times)

richmondrules

Re: Echuca to host Tigers
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »
There is clearly Richie standing in the background and yet it's apparently
"Richard Tambling in action at the Super Clinic during a Richmond Community Camp in Echuca."   ::)  ::)
http://www.gspimages.com.au/image/?image_id=47731
Nice one.   :whistle

Noticed that myself. Is it a comment about Richie or is JON the invisible man? lol.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
I am going and would like to take a list of players numbers incase I cant get one there. Anybody know where I cna get a complete list of all number (just a list of numbers and names)? I dont know the new guys and some of the younger ones on sight.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

richmondrules

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »
I am going and would like to take a list of players numbers incase I cant get one there. Anybody know where I cna get a complete list of all number (just a list of numbers and names)? I dont know the new guys and some of the younger ones on sight.

I think this is correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Newman
2. Thusty
3. Deledio
4. Raines
5. Simmonds
6. Polak
7. Brown
8. Riewoldt
9. Cotchin
10. Edwards
11. Bowden
12. Richardson
13. McMahon
14. Polo
15. Pettifer
16. McGuane
17. Johnson
18. Rance
19. Putt
20. Morton
21. Tuck
22. Meyer
23. Jackson
24. Coughlan
25. Schulz
26. Pattison
27. Collard
29. Oakley-Nicholls
30. Tambling
31. Hyde
32. Tivendale
33. Gourdis
34. Hughes
35. White
36. Silvester
37. Casserly
38. Cartledge
39. Connors
40. Moore
41. Foley
42. Collins
43. Howat
44. Graham
46. King

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 01:37:21 PM »

"Hey Petts, you reckon you can get us a pack of smokes?"  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers ready to roar (Bendigo Advertiser)
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »
Tigers ready to roar
Bendigo Advertiser
February 7, 2008

RICHMOND legend Dale Weightman says the Tigers’ players won’t be holding anything back in today’s intra-club match at Moama.

Today’s hit-out, to be held at the Jack Eddy Oval, will be the Tigers’ last intra-club match before their first NAB Cup game against St Kilda at Telstra Dome next Friday night.

The intra-club match, expected to attract a large crowd, will end Richmond’s three-day community camp to Echuca and Moama.

‘‘We will probably only have one or two blokes who won’t play in this intra-club match … the guys are all vying for a spot to be in the first NAB Cup game against the Saints next week, so it will be a good hit-out’’ said Weightman, who now has a football development role with the Tigers.

‘‘It’s going to be full on; we’ve had two or three intra-club matches leading up, but we haven’t had all the players playing in the one game, so this one will be the big hit-out for them.’’

The intra-club match will be a full-scale four-quarter game to start at 4 pm.

‘‘It’s part of the preparation for when we play the Saints next Friday, so the players are going to be going hammer and tongs,’’ Weightman said.

‘‘The senior players want to have a good hit-out, and the young players who we have drafted are keen to push their cause and there are still some spots up for grabs next week.

‘‘Terry (Wallace, coach) has an idea of who he wants to play based on how they have been travelling, but there are couple of players on the borderline as to whether they get a game or not, so it’s going to be a good hit-out.’’

As for how the Tigers are approaching the NAB Cup, Weightman, a former Richmond captain, premiership player and dual best and fairest winner, said the aim was to go in all guns blazing against the Saints, who are in Ballarat this week for their community camp.

‘‘The first game will be full on, then you just work it out from there based on whether you win or lose,’’ Weightman said.

‘‘I know we treat the first game full on, and it’s handy if you keep winning because you continue to play on the better grounds against quality sides that will be trying to win as well and you don’t get shoved all around Australia.’’

Richmond finished on the bottom of the ladder last year, winning just three games and drawing one.

But Weightman believes the depth of the list has been strengthened, which bodes well for an improved season.

‘‘We have a fair few of the guys who have been in the system for four or five years now, and we can see them taking the next step to be more consistent,’’ Weightman said.

‘‘We still have a very young list, but we have a lot of depth, along with a bit more size and height, which we haven’t had for a while.’’

Richmond will open the 2008 season against Carlton at the MCG on Thursday, March 20, in the first of what will be 176 home and away matches to be played this year.

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/news/sport/general/tigers-ready-to-roar/1177350.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2008, 03:52:39 PM »
Fans get a kick out of clinic
Bendigo Advertiser
February 7, 2008

HUNDREDS of primary school students from Echuca and surrounding areas got the opportunity to learn the basic skills of football from some of the AFL’s biggest names yesterday.

Richmond hosted a super clinic at the Echuca football ground as part of its three-day community camp in Echuca and Moama, which ends today.

Among those who who passed on some pointers on kicking, marking, handballing and tackling during the 90-minute clinic were Matthew Richardson, Nathan Brown, Kane Johnson and Brett Deledio, who are all household AFL names.

‘‘We do a lot of community work and it’s always good to give a bit back and to see the smiles on the children’s faces and see just how much they love their footy in the country,’’ said Johnson, who has been the Tigers’ skipper since 2004.

‘‘It has been really good to get up to Echuca and to an area where a few of the boys like Brett Deledio and Kayne Pettifer are from.

‘‘It’s always good to get away as a group because it’s a bonding thing as well as getting out into the community.

‘‘Hopefully, it brings the group closer together and we then finish the week off with a good game and head back to Melbourne ready to go.’’

The Tigers will end their community camp today with an intra-club match at Moama’s Jack Eddy Oval at 4 pm.

‘‘This intra-club game is going to be used to get a few of the cobwebs out and get a bit of a run under our belt before our NAB Cup game against St Kilda next week,’’ Johnson said.

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/news/sport/general/fans-get-a-kick-out-of-clinic/1177357.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Quarter time at Echuca
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
Quarter time

Blacks 3 3 21
Whites 6 1 37

Hughes 3 goals. No Browny on teamsheet.

With much thanks to Fluffy Tiger at Echuca  :thumbsup  :bow
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Way to go Clever  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 05:30:10 PM »
2nd Term

Blacks 5.6
Whites 8.8

Huges 3 goals, Richo 2

No injuries

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 05:37:19 PM »
Good to see our goalkicking accuracy has improved  :P. 2.7 to 2.3 that quarter.

The best news is that last line. Let's hope it stays that way.

Thanks again to Fluffy Tiger for the live info  :cheers.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »
Final Score

Blacks  12.10-82

Whites  18.10-118

No injuries.

Fluffy Tiger having dinner in the pub so he'll post his report tomorrow. Thanks again for the live updates FT  :cheers.

richmondrules

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »
Final Score

Blacks  12.10-82

Whites  18.10-118

No injuries.

Fluffy Tiger having dinner in the pub so he'll post his report tomorrow. Thanks again for the live updates FT  :cheers.

Quite a few goals. Sounds like it was entertaining for the locals.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »
Thanks for the updates.
Looking forward to an in depth final report. :cheers

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »
reading pre, lids and collard kicked @rse today

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 02:22:50 PM »
Well guys here is my humble acessment of the Intra Club Practice match at Echua. I say that becasue I am no expert in these things and I get to see very little live football so might be a crappy judge. I also found it very hard seeing everything that was going on from ground level yesterday. Another thing was that there was 24 players listed for each side and many of our better players might of played only a half a game so it was hard to judge who was the better players

Goods things

1 . NO IJURIES  that I saw anyway - this was the best thing to come out of the day
2.  Good crowd, free admission, great surface
3.  The team looks bigger and taller on the whole, we have many taller boys on the list.
4.  They went hard at it most of the time which was good to see.

MY best player are the ones I noticed the most doing good things. As I said before, lots of our top players didnt play anywhere near full games so you cant realy judge. Some of these guys I didnt expect to be in the best.   JON. Patto, King, Morton, Lids, Tuck

I loved Patto. I realy dont now what postion he has in the side but he will be a nightmare for opp coaches to matchup on because of his height and his motor, He just gets around the ground.

JON was good running out of defence and he hit his target mostly. He sometimes didnt take the first option and ends up running around in circles but he has the speed and look confident today.

King was his usaul self and although I generaly favour big players I just love the way this guy plays.

Morton got a couple of goals and looked like he has something. Will be interesting to see if he breaks into starting 22 in R1.

Tuck got a lots of the ball inside which was good.

Lids kidded three I think and show his class at times. He was on the lossing side and he wasnt playing agaist a top defender so again its hard to judge if this is the right move for him to FF.

There were other performance that were ok but these are my top 6 (hey who am I to judge)

Bad Things

1. Game Plan.  In that there didnt seem to be one. I know they are all tigers playing each other but I expected to see some sort of structure and didnt. Agian I will say I was at ground level and not sitting up looking down so it can be hard to see.

2. Skills.  Many a target missed again.

3. Players missing were   Tambling, Brown, Thursfield, McGuane, Cotchin, Graham, Myer. As far as I know that was all.

4. I dont see any of the players we drafted this year making a impact this year. Silvester did some good things so he might get a chance if we have injuries.

5. What I would of though was close to our best forward line setup for the season was in the black team and the were soundly beaten by nowhere near our best backline. I am talking of Richo, Pettifer, Polak, Deldio, Riewolt. It was very  windy so it was hard for these bigger guys but it was the same for both teams.

6. Simmo looked fit but his ruck timing seemed off. It could be a lack of actual contact practice and lets hope he get back to his best. He didnt play that much of the game.

6. We went to the huddle at 3/4 time of the white team (thas why you didnt get 3/4 time report). Before David King (coach of this team) arrived there was no talk at all. The just all stood there, no leader seemed to stand up in the group.

I had a good time seeing the boys but it was one of the strangest things where all these people watching and nobody realy cheering for anybody. All these car parked around a ground and not a single horn hooted ;).  I also discovered that somebody in my age bracket cant do text reports of a game (well some might but I text about once a month). Between changing glasses and looking a team sheets etc its just not for me. So sorry for the crappy reports.

Well "Go Tigers" is all I can say but I am not confident we can turn it around this season
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!