Author Topic: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.  (Read 16390 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: The rebuilding is NOT taking long.
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »
Many of you are very stupid.

Dont get ahead of yourself, will you.
One win against pathetic opposition. Good to see us win but please dont get too carried away like some imbeciles ::)

2 wins against 2 pathetic opposition.

How did McMahon go? Should be traded for what ever we can get for him yeah?

Yep Im sticking with my comments, I cant see how we're are gonna win a flag with McMahon IMHO.

Based on what? I don't rate his as Michael Voss but the club traded over the top for him so he is going to be part of our future. Might as well accept it and move on.

After 4 rounds he has a dozen more kicks than any other RFC player. He is quick and skillful on a HBF/wing. His link up play is solid.

In '06 he looked a fair player.

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
Lets wait until the wash up at R22. McMahon went ok today, lets see how he continues. Lets be honest, he wasnt flash against North or Collingwood and just average against Carlton.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »
McMahon was very good against Carlton. One of the major reason for the turn around. Ran alot and hit targets.

Hurt them, much as he did Freo today.

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »
He was ok after half time vs carlton and imo he was below average in the first half of that game. thats an average performance for mine. the stats are 1 average game, 1 good game and 2 very average games.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 11:09:17 PM »
He was ok after half time vs carlton and imo he was below average in the first half of that game. thats an average performance for mine. the stats are 1 average game, 1 good game and 2 very average games.
Check the stats again if you're going to use them as the basis of your opinion.
He was good against Collingwood, going by the stats.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ramps

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 06:01:38 AM »
Weve had plenty of players over the years rack up plenty of kicks across half back and in back pockets, who have been lauded by our supporters and the truth is it hasnt done us any good as a team. I think Ive been fair with McMahon, 1-1-2 thats where it sits. Thats the reality. 1 Good Game,  1 Average Game and 2 Very Average.

Little Jackie

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 06:44:54 AM »
Many of you are very stupid.

Dont get ahead of yourself, will you.
One win against pathetic opposition. Good to see us win but please dont get too carried away like some imbeciles ::)

2 wins against 2 pathetic opposition.

How did McMahon go? Should be traded for what ever we can get for him yeah?

Yep Im sticking with my comments, I cant see how we're are gonna win a flag with McMahon IMHO.

Agree, he isnt a finals player. thats for sure :banghead

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »
he has been alot better than many of our players this yr, if he isnt a finals player, then no one in our team is either.
jordanwas excellent and his experience has been a positive 4 us, and he runs hard and has damn good skills.

he is our next leon cameron with more pace

Little Jackie

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 08:42:43 AM »
he has been alot better than many of our players this yr, if he isnt a finals player, then no one in our team is either.
jordanwas excellent and his experience has been a positive 4 us, and he runs hard and has damn good skills.

he is our next leon cameron with more pace

Leon Cameron was a gun

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 09:17:40 AM »
yes he was and jordy can make it to gun status also. he has been pretty good 4 us thus far and will be just what we need off half back

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 11:03:03 AM »
Funny how hacks like Rodan can make GFs but Jordan doesnt have that abilty.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 11:23:26 AM »
I'm getting rather tire of hearing misinformed rubbish from RFC fans. OMG its round 3 in Wallace 4th year and we are still rubbish. The club needed to give the new coach 5 years to build the list because the list was so rubbish. If we are still crap come round 22 2008 then by all means eff off the coach, but we must complete the 5 year.
I'm not a huge fan of Wallace; some of the stuff he does I don't understand
 - both on game day; playing Bowden on Medhurst, Raines on Reiwoldt, playing Hyde / Tivendale / Howat ahead of kids.
 - and drafting wise; taking JON types when the arguable #1 rated player in Hurn was still around etc.
However, he also has some good points and is a half decent coach who came to the club and has to sweep dust webs from the room and try and rebuild a horrid list. 5 years is about right, given the position he started.
Personally I believe winning games in 2005 was unexpected and hurt us alot. Being 7-2 followed the snap of Browns leg killed us, were teams like Hawthorn, who finished below us in boh 05/06 had high picks. Last season was shyte but its part of the rebuilding process, Cotchin/Rance will be important cogs. From a long term view another good kid or two would help again this year - as a final top up of Wallaces future plans for the final 2009 year.
Look at the list from an age perspective analysis. Players bought into the club under Wallace:
Mids: Meyer, Polo, Tambling, Morton*, White, Deledio, Casserly, JON, Connors, Edwards, Collins, Collard*, Cotchin
Talls: Pattison, Thursfeild, Hughes, McGaune, Graham, Reiwoldt, Rance, Gourdis
22 yoa and under. (oldest to youngest)
This is the the side Wallace has build and should be held accountable for. Realistically, you cannot expect these players to yet be doing anything major at AFL level. Patto is a decent developing ruckman, Thursty is doing a good job to be holding down FB at such a young age, Hughes has done no worse than any of the other KPP in his draft. The others are still pups.
The midfield is developing, but Deledio still only 20 yoa! (till tomorrow) Even Meyer who has done nothing should still be given one more year to try and get fit and show what he can do before delisting.
Polak, King, McMahon are all under 25 and bought in as you need some sort of spread of age groups, which we bugger all mid range players.

Have a look at Collingwoods young players. Ours arent up to scratch

LAST GAME
Round 4
MCG   Sun 13 Apr
Attendance 77873
Carlton 111
Collingwood 88

Yeah good point  :shh

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
Why do I get the feeling Bents that you aint gonna be posting much come R22 lol. Get in now champ, coz if we go back to what weve been in the past Jacko and co. will be well within their rights to give you a pasting in here lol.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
Why do I get the feeling Bents that you aint gonna be posting much come R22 lol. Get in now champ, coz if we go back to what weve been in the past Jacko and co. will be well within their rights to give you a pasting in here lol.

Your mates JAcko and Daniel are deadset retards IMO.

It's easy to say the club is shyte and your not not happy with losing. Extremist views - sack the coach and every player over 24 yoa now isn't the way forward.

I will post in R22. The same thing I am posting now.

Give Wallace untill the end of 2009. See where he is at and then sack him if need be. Not before then.

Last game we played 6 young midfeilders
 - Foley, Tambling, Deledio, Morton, Edwards, White

We also had anumber of young talls
 - Thursfeild, Reiwoldt, Pattison, Polak, Schulz, McGaune, Moore

By mid way thou the season we might see the same side from last night, but with White, Hyde, Moore, McGaune out, Rance, Connors, Cotchin, Cogs in.

Rance Thursfeild King
Newman Schultz McMahon
Deledio Johnson Cotchin
Connors Polak Morton
Brown Reiwoldt Edwards
Simmonds Tambling Foley
Cogs Richo Patto Tuck

The blue print is there.

Ramps

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »
I dont recall using 24 years of age as the criteria, senior players have let our club down very bad over a long period of time, we should move them on.