Author Topic: Odds of jack returing this week?  (Read 16212 times)

Ox

Re: Odds of jack returing this week?
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »
Hmmmm.......if i didn't know better,i would almost say this thread was a bait ,of sorts... :nope

Tigermonk

« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »
Agree on all points Daniel regarding the RFC and TW.
Anything less than a win on Saturday just won't do and if we don't then there is no point beating the Dees twice Carlton WCE Freo to take us to 9 wins and leave us in the position we were in 2006 thinking we were better than what we were. In 2006 we beat all teams that finished outside the top 8 bar the Hawks and ook where they are know and won only 2 games against top 8 sides in Adel in a freaky freaky game and the Skunks whom we frequently beat anyway. Lets not make the same mistakes again 2 years on and wake up to the same false dawns.

:clapping :clapping :clapping exactly

Ramps

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2008, 11:10:02 AM »
Well, Well, Well, it seems your all coming around to thinking that the TANK is the way to go. Maybe I should stand for the board. I want to have a leaflet, Vote for Me, I will be standing on a TANK in a Richmond Jumper. My leaflet will have 3 names

Nicholas Natanui
Michael Hurley
Michael Walters

And I could well be on my way to the Boardroom  ;D

Moi

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2008, 11:40:18 AM »
Anything less than a win on Saturday just won't do and if we don't then there is no point beating the Dees twice Carlton WCE Freo to take us to 9 wins and leave us in the position we were in 2006 thinking we were better than what we were. In 2006 we beat all teams that finished outside the top 8 bar the Hawks and ook where they are know and won only 2 games against top 8 sides in Adel in a freaky freaky game and the Skunks whom we frequently beat anyway. Lets not make the same mistakes again 2 years on and wake up to the same false dawns.

You guys are pretty hard to work out.
Do you want us to win or lose?
Bagging the club for losing, but you agree there's no point in winning those games.
What precisely do you want?

Ramps

« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:39 AM »
Ive always said we should tank. Others are now supporting the Tank.

Moi

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 12:09:42 PM »
But if we lose ppl are on here acting like crazy people lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 01:10:13 PM »

Ramps = a model of consistency  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 01:34:50 PM »

You guys are pretty hard to work out.
Do you want us to win or lose?
Bagging the club for losing, but you agree there's no point in winning those games.
What precisely do you want?

whats the point of beating low class teams like demons and essendon. how does that help our development really?

until we need to beat the big fish and if we dont, i support the tank

Edited: to fix the quote and separate daniel's reply
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:10:35 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »

Ramps = a model of consistency  ;D

Because we're all taking the pee now, I will answer with simply this

Yes I am  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »
Especially this week lol

People want a competitive effort win, lose or draw. If we had lost to the Swans by a couple of goals it would still be pretty peaceful. This thread might not even exist  :lol. It also sux that the draft system punishes us for every win we have from now on even though we are still a developing side, yet it will "reward" us with two of the best kids in the country if we don't win another game for the year. Absolutely stupid that by round 10 we have a decision on whether we want Natunai plus a Rich or Hurley OR miss out on all of them by beating crap teams like Essendon and Melbourne :banghead. Carlton had the same decision at the same time last year and chose to tank  :scream.     
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #145 on: June 06, 2008, 08:58:44 AM »
Especially this week lol

People want a competitive effort win, lose or draw. If we had lost to the Swans by a couple of goals it would still be pretty peaceful. This thread might not even exist  :lol. It also sux that the draft system punishes us for every win we have from now on even though we are still a developing side, yet it will "reward" us with two of the best kids in the country if we don't win another game for the year. Absolutely stupid that by round 10 we have a decision on whether we want Natunai plus a Rich or Hurley OR miss out on all of them by beating crap teams like Essendon and Melbourne :banghead. Carlton had the same decision at the same time last year and chose to tank  :scream.     

l was not incensed by the lose but by the way l seen the game matched up
all l want to see win, lose or draw is a competetive game with good skills from all involved at Richmond football club
that includes what the coach & staff put in

when Wallace come to the club he said,  we would not see any more football like we had been & that we were going to go long,  direct & score alot more goals

well nothing has changed  >:(

l want to see long direct football into that forward line & with the talented crumbers we got up around goals we would see more shots on goals. Instead of taking 15 possies to get it to the centre & going backwards before turning it over just bomb the ball in long to the contest cause if its not marked by Polak, Richo, Bowden, Pettifer, Simmonds, Patto, Shultzs, Hughes, Rewoldt, then it would be contested well at ground level with Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards, Tambling, Foley, whoever is there we have got the players but its just being carried out & directed wrong by the coaches to the players. l'm purely stumped why we dont play like any other club, why we overuse the fooball at times when 1 kick to a 1 on 1 contest will do the job.
we are to worried about other teams getting the ball but they do anyway so why dont they stop the rot & start kicking long & man up other teams its so simple  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
Especially this week lol

I agree MT, what they should have is a reverse order draft for the bottom 8 teams. If you make the 8, then your reward would be finals. If you finish 9th, and just miss out on finals then your reward would be first pick in the draft, 10th second, 11th third pick and so on with 8th position getting pick 9 and 7th getting pick 10 and so on... Oh and Pee off the priority pick completely. This system would rule out tanking all together and it would reward teams who are rebuilding. The way it is now, if you were to transfer the reward scale from the bottom 8 to the top 8, 8th position would essentially be minor premiers!!  :banghead

It really just doesnt make sense! The ultimate aim for all clubs should be to go into every game wanting and needing to win and I believe that if the system I just mentioned were implemented, it would provide the right incentive for all clubs to perform throughout the entire season. It would even create more interest and a goal for players and supporters of clubs who nearing seasons end are unable to make the 8.

Another option would be to have a second tier finals series for the bottom 8 using the top 8 model with the winner getting first pick and runner up getting second and so on. This would be great and it would certainly create more interest for me come round 18 and on...

« Reply #147 on: June 06, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »
Nah.

A team about to finish eighth but with no chance of winning the flag might be tempted to tank to get ninth place and the no 1 draft pick.

:thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #148 on: June 06, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
Nah.

A team about to finish eighth but with no chance of winning the flag might be tempted to tank to get ninth place and the no 1 draft pick.

:thumbsup
But at least they'd be giving their fans more than what Carlton have been doing the past couple of years.
Ridiculous to be talking about tanking at this time of the year, but it's here already  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »
I agree MT, what they should have is a reverse order draft for the bottom 8 teams. If you make the 8, then your reward would be finals. If you finish 9th, and just miss out on finals then your reward would be first pick in the draft, 10th second, 11th third pick and so on with 8th position getting pick 9 and 7th getting pick 10 and so on... Oh and Pee off the priority pick completely. This system would rule out tanking all together and it would reward teams who are rebuilding. The way it is now, if you were to transfer the reward scale from the bottom 8 to the top 8, 8th position would essentially be minor premiers!!  :banghead

It really just doesnt make sense! The ultimate aim for all clubs should be to go into every game wanting and needing to win and I believe that if the system I just mentioned were implemented, it would provide the right incentive for all clubs to perform throughout the entire season. It would even create more interest and a goal for players and supporters of clubs who nearing seasons end are unable to make the 8.

Another option would be to have a second tier finals series for the bottom 8 using the top 8 model with the winner getting first pick and runner up getting second and so on. This would be great and it would certainly create more interest for me come round 18 and on...
As a solution to tanking that would stop it instantly tiga. The only problem with it I have is if a team is genuinely hopeless then they'll miss out on the elite talent to rebuild unless it's a very strong and deep draft. Last year we were that hopeless club being poor all year. This year it's Melbourne. West Coast are tanking  ::). I prefer the NBA model where it's a weighted lottery. It gives all bottom 8 sides a chance at an early pick (didn't Chicago end up with first pick with just a 2% chance in the lottery) yet the wooden spooner will still end up with a top 5 pick where the elite kids are. We missed out on Kreuzer but still got Cotchin so we still got an elite kid despite not having the first pick.

Agree entirely about abolishing the priority pick. The biggest carrot to tank.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd