Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43254 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
With a pay rise.  :P  ;D
Shiit, get him his own sun lounge if he likes lol

Ahahahahahahahaha quality comment

People whether its Terry who gets the flag as some of you think or somebody else whenever that may be the biggest mistake we could do is rest on our laurels and make Demigods out of them and give them the eys to the club. With success starved clubs like ours ppl at board level and especially us fans can get swepped up in the hysteria and become stagnant and complacent. Look at what happened to us in 02 and 96. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing but the powers that be must work feverishly hard to keep the good times rolling on and make the same sound decisonsthat brough success in the first place otherwise we may fall back down the abyss again.  Look at what happened to the Pies in 1990 and by 1999 they were finally starting to crawl out of their smelly hovells after living off the royalties of 1990. Heck we still talk about 1980 like it was the year time stopped.

jackstar

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 10:27:39 PM »
I think Jack has fainted after seeing all this.
Smelling salts anyone? lol  :rollin

Nah, just got back from dinner at the Bluefire Grill at Docklands.
Now back to Wallet, the only extension he will get is you know where :lol
Extension of contract,  ::) ::)
Lucky to beat Melbourne,
The only extension of contract should be Matty Richardson- Bronze Statue as well

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
Well good to see your crap posts are still just that JS....crap, as I haven't posted on here for a while I thought you mave have grown up a little but obviously not.

If we make it to the top 8 next year Wallace should have his contract extended for another 3 years. If we dont maintain a top 8 status for the 3 years with at least a prelim in that time frame then his contract should be terminated.

Remember it took Bomber Thompson 8 years to get the Cats into and winning a GF and that was 8 years worth of pelicans calling for his head. But they are the people now saying how good he is..... work it out.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »
I think a 2 year extension would be enough as long as we show next year that we're still on the improve. Doesn't matter where we finish this year, next year we'd want to be pushing for a spot in the 8. Even if we're not in the 8, as long as we're only just outside and playing pretty much all kids, I'd still give him another 2 years.

That gives him enough time to finish what he started with the rebuild, and if he still hasn't got the group playing in the Top 4 by the end of 2011 then there's plenty of time for another coach to step in with a very young side ready to go.

jackstar

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 10:54:17 PM »
Well good to see your crap posts are still just that JS....crap, as I haven't posted on here for a while I thought you mave have grown up a little but obviously not.

If we make it to the top 8 next year Wallace should have his contract extended for another 3 years. If we dont maintain a top 8 status for the 3 years with at least a prelim in that time frame then his contract should be terminated.

Remember it took Bomber Thompson 8 years to get the Cats into and winning a GF and that was 8 years worth of pelicans calling for his head. But they are the people now saying how good he is..... work it out.

You obviously didnt atttend the game on Sunday Night. Utter rubbish the tiges dished up except for 15 minutes.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »

You obviously didnt atttend the game on Sunday Night. Utter rubbish the tiges dished up except for 15 minutes.

Well JS I wasn't at the game but I did watch it and for once I agree with you it was rubbish (after the 2nd qtr & in the 1st). But the players dished that crap up not the Coach, but what about Wallaces move to put Tambling against Davies, what a master stroke eh!! ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 11:16:25 PM »
Can tell you they dont know where to play poor Richie.
After 6 games, Cotchin is past him already.
Thank god for Richo.

Ox

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 11:24:13 PM »

what would u do with him over the next 3 years if he was your player?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 04:15:49 AM »
Thank god for Richo.

He's past most the list.

Not only Blinga.

Stupid point.

Moi

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 04:40:10 AM »
I think a 2 year extension would be enough as long as we show next year that we're still on the improve. Doesn't matter where we finish this year, next year we'd want to be pushing for a spot in the 8. Even if we're not in the 8, as long as we're only just outside and playing pretty much all kids, I'd still give him another 2 years.

That gives him enough time to finish what he started with the rebuild, and if he still hasn't got the group playing in the Top 4 by the end of 2011 then there's plenty of time for another coach to step in with a very young side ready to go.
I think most supporters are thinking this way, Infamy.
They see a plan of action unlike in the past and are willing to forego another couple of years in order for Terry to completely rehash the list and get a few games into the newcomers.
For others, nothing will be good enough, but hopefully they're in the minority.
Good point about time enough for another coach to step in and take over without much damage being done.  It might be that Terry isn't the right coach for us, but I reckon he deserves to have three years after the redevelopment stage to prove that's the case.  In the redevelopment years, a bit much to expect us to be playing finals, although if he gets us in there this year, Wallace I reckon would be well ahead of expectations  :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 09:03:10 AM »
A complete review on the whole club at seasons end
extension NO not on present state of the efforts
when his contract is up & after another review end season 2009 should he even be considered seriously
Richmond shouldnot rush into any decision

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 09:04:38 AM »
terry shouldnt get any contract extension.
and if he does it should be discussed at the end of next year.
we have only beaten sides below us ,and who are tanking to get bottom pick.
carltank are the only ones above us we have beat,and they have improved heaps since we beat them.
compare the bottom teams when wallace took over richmond,the hawks are flying and so are the dogs.
l dont think wallace gets the best out of the team,and his match day coaching is not the best.
l think hes been out coach quite a few times this year.
you can have all the plans and best intentions in the world,but you still need the right person to carry them out.
l think richmond people have got and excepted mediocrity for far too long,and cant tell the difference between good and bad.

Tigermonk

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »
terry shouldnt get any contract extension.
and if he does it should be discussed at the end of next year.
we have only beaten sides below us ,and who are tanking to get bottom pick.
carltank are the only ones above us we have beat,and they have improved heaps since we beat them.
compare the bottom teams when wallace took over richmond,the hawks are flying and so are the dogs.
l dont think wallace gets the best out of the team,and his match day coaching is not the best.
l think hes been out coach quite a few times this year.
you can have all the plans and best intentions in the world,but you still need the right person to carry them out.
l think richmond people have got and excepted mediocrity for far too long,and cant tell the difference between good and bad.

got to put this one down as post of the week, agree 110%  :clapping

Moi

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »
Because we don't jump up and down calling for the coach's head every five seconds doesn't mean we've accepted mediocrity.  I'm very happy with how things are panning out this year.  To have exceeded last year's results half way through the year means we are improving at a rapid rate.  If by the end of the year that rate of improvement has declined, then maybe you could question.  But as far as I'm concerned, he's on track with the five year redevelopment phase and just a fait accompli that the club should resign him at the end of his contract if things keep on going in that direction.

richmondrules

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:24 AM »
Thank god for Richo.

He's past most the list.

Not only Blinga.

Stupid point.

My Melbourne supporting brother in law's draw dropped when he saw Cotch play. Couldn't believe his eyes. I had to tell him to not get too carried away with the praise and this from an opposition supporter. But I did point out that the Melbourne game wasn't his best game by a long shot.  ;D

Scary to think how good he may be when fit. I can't remember a player looking so comfortable on debut.