Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43323 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2008, 03:35:44 PM »
Oh and Jack....Don't knock the plastic footy! My first ever footy was a brown plastic special from a BP servo metal cage! They are a great benchmark. If you can kick a goal with one of those suckers from 50m out you should be playing AFL!  :lol

50 meters !!!!!!   :o With one of those brown plastic things.   :o  You must have been one hell of a player tiga. lol.

The best thing about those plastic footys is you didn't need to pump them up. Of course they always seemed flat when you kicked them. Good to practice your torp with, the only way to get any distance with them.

Can you still buy them?
Not sure RROFO, Mine bit the dust many moons ago. In my early days you only had a choice of plastic or leather (Faulkner, Lyrebird or $$Sherrin). Synthetic footy's didn't exist at that time. I think it was the synthetic that probably caused the extinction of the plastic footy as they could survive multiple dog bites. Another evolutionary landmark in human adaptation. :lol A canine incision on a plastic footy killed what little compression they had. A kick would just mould around your foot and it would turn into an icecream container.  :banghead Mind you that was if you were able to get it back from the dog!! I'm sure many of us plastic footy owners have had the view of a dogs backside disappearing at light speed with their beloved plastic firmly between its jaws!! BTW, I was never able to kick one 50m without a howling tailwind.

richmondrules

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2008, 03:44:04 PM »
Oh and Jack....Don't knock the plastic footy! My first ever footy was a brown plastic special from a BP servo metal cage! They are a great benchmark. If you can kick a goal with one of those suckers from 50m out you should be playing AFL!  :lol

50 meters !!!!!!   :o With one of those brown plastic things.   :o  You must have been one hell of a player tiga. lol.

The best thing about those plastic footys is you didn't need to pump them up. Of course they always seemed flat when you kicked them. Good to practice your torp with, the only way to get any distance with them.

Can you still buy them?
Not sure RROFO, Mine bit the dust many moons ago. In my early days you only had a choice of plastic or leather (Faulkner, Lyrebird or $$Sherrin). Synthetic footy's didn't exist at that time. I think it was the synthetic that probably caused the extinction of the plastic footy as they could survive multiple dog bites. Another evolutionary landmark in human adaptation. :lol A canine incision on a plastic footy killed what little compression they had. A kick would just mould around your foot and it would turn into an icecream container.  :banghead Mind you that was if you were able to get it back from the dog!! I'm sure many of us plastic footy owners have had the view of a dogs backside disappearing at light speed with their bloved plastic firmly between its jaws!! BTW, I was never able to kick one 50m without a howling tailwind.

lol. I can still remember how much they used to hurt if you accidentally kicked them on the pointy end. Especially when wearing no shoes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Malthouse on Wallace
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2008, 02:56:03 AM »
Malthouse on Wallace in today's Australian...

Richmond's Terry Wallace may be a relieved man. Earlier in the season the media was suggesting his job was at risk and if he failed, Kevin Sheedy, with his background as a Tigers player, would be the ideal candidate for the job. Personally, I don't think Terry should have been worried because he is doing the job he said he would, and that is to build a list and work that list to its conclusion.

That doesn't stop the speculation, but after two good wins, the media, critics and doomsayers have fallen off.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23928332-5013406,00.html

Moi

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2008, 04:34:12 AM »
Hopefully the club listens to Malthouse and not some supporters :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »
It's been a quiet week  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
Wonder why  :shh

:rollin

jackstar

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2008, 07:27:23 PM »

Has been quiet, spend all my spare time on facebook, lol

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2008, 07:30:29 PM »

Tried it once, couldn't see the point. (facebook that is)

Jackstar, if we win the next three, is Terry safe?

8)

jackstar

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »

Tried it once, couldn't see the point. (facebook that is)

Jackstar, if we win the next three, is Terry safe?

8)

Probably, if we lose the next three , probably not.
What is acceptable.? If we finish 10th this year ? . We need to play finals to show vast signs of improvement. If we finish outside the 8 as we usually do, is that an improvement? Nah!
Lets face it, we havent beaten much of late, and Carlton were horrible last week, we should win tomorrow.
If you take Richo efforts out of the season , where would we be at ?
You would think with all the "" carry on"" that we were in the top 4. ::).
God help the supporters if we were top4, they would be dribbling. lol

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »
I'm addicted to Facebook.

jackstar

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
I'm addicted to Facebook.
See u there

jackstar

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »
Todays game just showed wwhat an imposter he really is.
Will some genuis on here please explain the following.

Reiwoldt and full back, then Richo at Full back.
Newman on Kreuser  :o
King on Wiggins ::)
And no tag on Stevens.
We "" brag "" about our onballers, todays game was a real reality check in regards to how onballers should play.  Stevens, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, showed us how football should be played in the last quarter.

When the game was up for grabs in the last quarter, we slow the game down and play the 10 metres chip kick game plan ::)

Eddie Betts or Richard Tambling,? Take Eddie Betts anyday.

Glad to see the back of Terry real soon.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »

And no tag on Stevens.
We "" brag "" about our onballers, todays game was a real reality check in regards to how onballers should play.  Stevens, Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, showed us how football should be played in the last quarter.

When the game was up for grabs in the last quarter, we slow the game down and play the 10 metres chip kick game plan ::)

Foley went head to head with Stevens and got beaten, there were a few times that Foley let Stevens completely free so he has a bit to work on there.
Moore was fullback for the whole game you nonce
Newman was on Betts
Wiggins hardly did a lot, he only got 13 disposals off half back and his biggest impact in the game was entirely Bowden's fault

There were Carlton supporters ringing up MMM after the game and saying they thought Ratten was outcoached and was lucky to win the game.

Moi

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »

And no tag on Stevens.

Like clockwork, Jack.
Always here when we lose, never when we win.
Go and play on Facebook will ya

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
Newman went to Betts from frst bounce.
For a period in the third quarter King was on Fisher ::)
Look I thought their planning was better than ours and they were able to nullify Simmo ruck ascendancy by placing Blues players in the right areas at the centre bounce and thus laying the foundation to their win in the midfield and hard ball gets.
Their midfield destroyed us. Gibbs Murphy Simpson Stevens and if Judd was there could have possibly been an even uglier end result. We still have a long way to go if we can't beat the Blues who we perceive to be worse than us. The Richo injury cancels out Judd's absence to an extent but we had Richo for 3 quarters. Terry was outcoached during the week in preparation and today the extent of Carlton's planning was too much to overcome come their midfield run in the last quarter. Just not good enough thank God for the Bye next week.