Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43429 times)

jackstar

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2008, 10:59:28 PM »
You want me to name names ?
Why would I risk friendships with people who I know just to wet the apetite of anon internet users. :banghead
You can private message me if your THAT DESPERATE.
It's just that when you get defensive you often bring out the 'anonymous person(s) said this and that' to support your argument. Sorry I'm not into shadow boxing. Every club has disgruntled players. Often those who reckon they are being overlooked.

I would also say if you're so upset about us "rolling over and dying" you would have told this anonymous player to stop acting like a big baby and when he and his teammates can kick straight, hit basic targets by hand and foot, run hard both ways without the footy, pressure hard, work as a unit and show some intensity for the team for 4 quarters - in other words perform as professional footballers - then he can have a sook  :nopity.

As for calling supporters sheep  ::) because they disagree with you. Might I remind you that it was/is the average supporter who has kept the RFC alive over the past 25 years while morons in certain coterie groups who thought the club was their personal plaything wet their pants and ripped the guts and heart out of the club everytime they didn't get their own way  >:( ::). Wandering around meaningless for 20 plus years with no direction was their way; not us supporters. We now finally are following a long-term direction. Whether it leads to success will be in the pudding but along the way we are willing to give the time offered and then access the progress. That accessing (of the list, coaching staff, footy dept, etc) will come next year whether you or I like it or not.       

You are on the verge of boring.
long term direction, ::)we have seen that from wallace, dont get me started, Has really developed Richard Tambling  :banghead Recruited Jordon McMahon ::) Recruited Kent Kingsley  :banghead . Has persisted repeatingly playing with players who aint just up to it instead of getting rid of them , oh yeah , that right , we get rid of Dave Roadn who will probably win the b & F at port this year.
You go on and on and on about the bad kicking, if you watched before the game of fox footy, the panelists all agreed they were hard shots that brown had, on the run  and under the pump. Just Maybe if he wasnt such an INDIVIDUAL, he might have given itoff.
as for the anon player, this player had given his all and is playing under duress. YES. WE ROLLED OVER AND GOT WACKED LAST SATURDAY< FACT!
You thought process in regards to direction  is interesting to say the least, We are paying that clown Wallace $600,000 a year for what ??
He is the one of HIGHEST paid coach in the AFL you will find, for LITTLE RETURN..
It is one of the most unbeleivable appointments of all time giving Wallace a five year contract.
Might also add  the players cant play as professional footballers when the game plan is related to short kicks and lateral movement :banghead
Thats right the king of spin was all about run and carry ( that didnt last long ) same as re inventing Joel Bowden up forward :banghead ( that lasted 2 and half weeks I beleive.
Can tell you MT, Terry loves to blame others but wont except balme himself. I nearly vomiited when he got into Richo the other week in the press, very ordinary effort, and you stick up for him, sorry, your in love with him. :whistle
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:17:30 PM by jackstar »

jackstar

« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2008, 11:02:43 PM »
Might also add MT, he has had 3 years and 13 rounds  to develop a game plan, when you have worked out what it is, can you tell the players at training when you see them, because they still are unsure :gobdrop

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2008, 11:18:31 PM »

We're going to finish 9th next season. Not even Wallace himself would want a contract extension.

jackstar

« Reply #168 on: July 04, 2008, 11:27:08 PM »

We're going to finish 9th next season. Not even Wallace himself would want a contract extension.

Thank you 1980.
 :thumbsup

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2008, 11:37:27 PM »
Its not only the amount of wins you earn in a year its also the opposition you beat.
Carlton  9th
Fremantle 14th
Essendon 12th
Melbourne 16th
Port         13th
Doesn't read out like a roll call of the big guns.
I guess with us our ladder position is a true reflection of where we are at. If we beat the Eagles then we've knocked off every side below us yet only beaten one side above us which we've also lost to. We did draw with the Dogs who are 2nd. That was probably our classiest effort for the year.

I had a look at what Geelong under Bomber Thompson did in his 4th year (2003) and they had 7 1/2 wins to finish 12th. 6 wins came against fellow bottom 8 sides including 4 wins against teams below them. They lost to the wooden spooners twice but knocked off ladder leader Port by a point and drew with the Eagles (7th) but both those games were at Kardinia Park which interstate sides wouldn't be use to. Their percentage was 89.

The following year (2004) after winning only 1 of their first 5 including losing their first 3 games they then rattled off 13 wins from 15 with the two defeats interstate by less than a kick. They finished with 15 wins, 120% and a top 4 spot. They went on to play in the PF before narrowly losing to Brisbane at the 'G.

Well that sort of breakout year in 2009 might save Terry  :lol.

You're not one of those who defend Wallace by saying what if Geelong had sacked Thompson, are you MT?

You're assuming Wallace wants to stay on. I'm pretty sure he's already made up his mind to go back to the media next year.

jackstar

« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »
1980, I am pretty sure he wants out as well. Its just the timing of it.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2008, 12:13:12 AM »

All Wallace wants now is to say I left the club in a better position than when I arrived.

Hopefully Williams is still available next season.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2008, 04:07:53 AM »
You are on the verge of boring.
:ROTFL  well at least I'm still only on the verge  :lol

long term direction, ::)we have seen that from wallace, dont get me started, Has really developed Richard Tambling  :banghead Recruited Jordon McMahon ::) Recruited Kent Kingsley  :banghead . Has persisted repeatingly playing with players who aint just up to it instead of getting rid of them , oh yeah , that right , we get rid of Dave Roadn who will probably win the b & F at port this year.
The club as a whole has a long term direction  ::). I know you only think about Wallace but there's more to the club than a coach with less than 14 months left on his contract :sleep. You say Plough is on $600k. Well the club has better things to do with $600k than pay out Wallace. That crane down at Punt Rd demolishing the Northern end wasn't for pre-game kiddie rides lol.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Rodan. Port are below us and he's not going to win a B&F averaging just 16 disposals, 2 tackles and a goal per game. He's not even in Port's top 10 possession getters this year and had a up and down year. Kane Cornes will win their B&F.

You go on and on and on about the bad kicking, if you watched before the game of fox footy, the panelists all agreed they were hard shots that brown had, on the run  and under the pump. Just Maybe if he wasnt such an INDIVIDUAL, he might have given itoff.
as for the anon player, this player had given his all and is playing under duress. YES. WE ROLLED OVER AND GOT WACKED LAST SATURDAY< FACT!
So set shots are shots on the run are they because two of the four shots Browny had in the first quarter were set shots. The one of the run in the first quarter was where Cotch set Browny up into space without breaking stride with a brilliant handball. Browny had 15m to run into and steady directly in front from 35m FFS.  Did they actually watch the game  ::). AFL forwards are paid to kick gimme goals like that not give them off. All Tiger supporters around me were asking what was wrong with Browny. Even Carlton fans admitted he had the yips last Saturday. The only shot that was tough was that kick off the ground under pressure which was his first point.  

As for that anonymous player you might want to edit out that bit of info if you want to protect his identity. Narrows it down a tad too much :shh.

You thought process in regards to direction  is interesting to say the least, We are paying that clown Wallace $600,000 a year for what ??
He is the one of HIGHEST paid coach in the AFL you will find, for LITTLE RETURN..
It is one of the most unbeleivable appointments of all time giving Wallace a five year contract.
Might also add  the players cant play as professional footballers when the game plan is related to short kicks and lateral movement :banghead
Funny how an 18 year old can walk into the side with no preseason behind him and have no probs understanding and executing it.

Thats right the king of spin was all about run and carry ( that didnt last long ) same as re inventing Joel Bowden up forward :banghead ( that lasted 2 and half weeks I beleive.
Yep had nothing to do with Thursty and McGuane being injured and us being 2 tall defenders short. You'll also find Joel is 5 short of his 250th.

Can tell you MT, Terry loves to blame others but wont except balme himself. I nearly vomiited when he got into Richo the other week in the press, very ordinary effort, and you stick up for him, sorry, your in love with him. :whistle
I'm not the one who mentions Wallace 24/7  :whistle. Nor am I the one defending and deflecting poor skills under no physical pressure by players who earn big $$$ themselves.

Plough will face his judgement day at the end of next season and he'll have no one else to blame but himself. You see I agree with you that he's held onto poorly-skilled list cloggers too long. Those on the list for longer than 5 years but not in our best 22 should be shown the door. He's got one last chance to do that in 2 months time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2008, 04:17:48 AM »
You're not one of those who defend Wallace by saying what if Geelong had sacked Thompson, are you MT?
Jake mentioned that Wallace would need a breakout year from the side in 2009 to save his job. Just showing that's what happened to Bomber Thompson from his 4th to 5th year as coach. Geelong also at the time had the media on their backs constantly comparing and bagging their list to St Kilda's with all their early picks. The future turned out to be very different to what was predicted 5 years ago.

You're assuming Wallace wants to stay on. I'm pretty sure he's already made up his mind to go back to the media next year.
I remember the same rumours last year. It didn't happen. He's already mentioned how he's looking forward to coaching Cotchin next year with a full preseason behind him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2008, 08:00:51 AM »
Your exactly right MT about the kid with no pre season and bascially jumping ahead of "" most"" of the starting 18. ( Cotchin)
Question I ask you, where is Richard Tambling and others with there careers then. :gobdrop

Whats cracks me up is the you stick up for people you dont even know :lol

1980 is on the money with Williams as well :thumbsup :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »
Jake mentioned that Wallace would need a breakout year from the side in 2009 to save his job. Just showing that's what happened to Bomber Thompson from his 4th to 5th year as coach. Geelong also at the time had the media on their backs constantly comparing and bagging their list to St Kilda's with all their early picks. The future turned out to be very different to what was predicted 5 years ago.

I remember the same rumours last year. It didn't happen. He's already mentioned how he's looking forward to coaching Cotchin next year with a full preseason behind him.

MT, why do you bother?  There is way too much common sense and practical fact in your posting for it to get through to those wearing the "I hate TW" blinkers.

jackstar

« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2008, 09:00:56 AM »
Yeah too much commone sense NOT!
As Gary March has said on numerous occassions, let the football doingh the talking, I have got an ear ache from listening to the footy do the talking :lol

jackstar

« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »

MT, why do you bother?  There is way too much common sense and practical fact in your posting for it to get through to those wearing the "I hate TW" blinkers.

You are a minority who want him to continue., you dont want RFC to successfull do you . This will be four years of no improvement with Wallace.
Have a read of todays papers, Great article about teams outside the 8 and who they should off load, and guess what surprise surprise , RFC should off load the most number of players( why doesnt that surprise me)  The forgot to take Wallace with them. :lol
Most of you are deluded if you think we have improved. If it wasnt for Richo who got has over the line in 2 wins, Wallace would be gone by now.
What drugs are you people on ???

Moi

« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2008, 09:38:17 AM »
You're one twisted sister, Jack  :wallywink

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »
lol :rollin@ Jack Sniper umm Snider