Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43334 times)

jackstar

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »
Prefer annoying you here, Jack  :thumbsup

You dont annoy me, I actually feel sorry for you. You cant see the forest through the trees

Tell me that when Terry signs his next contract  :rollin

His new contract at SEN and the Herald Sun in 2009 :shh ;)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2008, 10:14:32 PM »
funniest comment i have heard this year!!

someone happy to be sitting in 12th spot.

MOI you may be happy with our season but i actually think it is sad. Another year out of the finals...2 out of 25 seasons now
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »
Enjoy wallowing in your misery guys  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »

when it comes to the RFC, ill be happy when we make the 8 MOI nothing else.

we have accepted failure for how many years??

im sorry your comment that "you were happy with our year so far" was mind boggling to say the least.

just my opinion thats all. call it constructive criticism!!! :lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »

No, call it entitled to one's own opinion.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »
So Jack tell me, Do you think our list is better or worse than when we sacked Frawley?? If you can't see what Terry has done so far then you really are looking at the RFC through Mud encrusted glasses. I for one can see real potential in our list.
When we made finals with spud IMO our list was already in need of a makeover as we were just winning games ugly and our scoring average was lucky to get above 90. Look at Frawleys recruiting model compared to Wallace's. Frawley's had no sustainability whereas Wallace is proving his will be long term and overall far more beneficial to the clubs future success with or without him. Look at how many recycled's Frawley recruitied compared to Wallace (not including rookies).
Frawley
Biddiscombe, Houlihan, King, Flemming, Nicholls(sorry WP), Hudson, Hilton, Sziller, Johnson, Stafford, Marsh, Brown, Fletcher, Blumfield, Morrison, Weller.
Wallace
Kingsley, Graham, Humm, Knobel, Simmonds, Polak, P.Bowden, M.Morton, McMahon.

I may have missed a couple but for arguments sake you can see the difference and I know which one I prefer. C'mon Jack, you have to give credit where credits due for a change.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2008, 12:36:39 AM »
So Jack tell me, Do you think our list is better or worse than when we sacked Frawley?? If you can't see what Terry has done so far then you really are looking at the RFC through Mud encrusted glasses. I for one can see real potential in our list.
When we made finals with spud IMO our list was already in need of a makeover as we were just winning games ugly and our scoring average was lucky to get above 90. Look at Frawleys recruiting model compared to Wallace's. Frawley's had no sustainability whereas Wallace is proving his will be long term and overall far more beneficial to the clubs future success with or without him. Look at how many recycled's Frawley recruitied compared to Wallace (not including rookies).
Frawley
Biddiscombe, Houlihan, King, Flemming, Nicholls(sorry WP), Hudson, Hilton, Sziller, Johnson, Stafford, Marsh, Brown, Fletcher, Blumfield, Morrison, Weller.
Wallace

I may have missed a couple but for arguments sake you can see the difference and I know which one I prefer. C'mon Jack, you have to give credit where credits due for a change.

You're comparing Wallace to the wrong guy. Everyone looks good against the worst coach ever to have been given an AFL gig.

Now try comparing Wallace with Clarkson. Start with ladder position and work from there.

Facts are that we pay Wallace twice what Clarkson (or eade for that matter get), and in the same period those guys are coaching top 4 sides. And go back to 2004 on this board and see if there's any posts arguing the Hawks had a better list before you think about making that argument.

Sure we've got more potential on our list than we had with Frawley, but that's hardly a tick for great coaching from Wallace.

Wallace has underachieved. We gave him all the time and all the money he wanted, and we're still underachieveing. Any Richmond supporter should be spewing that we are well behind the Hawks and Dogs despite starting from a similar development stage, and probably now the Blues as well who started well after us.

If when Wallace was appointed all you were expecting was someone better than Frawley, then you have pretty low expectations mate. I was thinking he'd make us a top 4 side in his 5 years. And I doubt he would have taken the job if he didnt think so himself.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2008, 02:32:07 AM »
Facts are that we pay Wallace twice what Clarkson (or eade for that matter get), and in the same period those guys are coaching top 4 sides.
That may have been the case in 2004, but it certainly wouldn't be now. Clarkson has already renegotiated and would be on PLENTY
And go back to 2004 on this board and see if there's any posts arguing the Hawks had a better list before you think about making that argument.
With the benefit of hindsight we can see that was far from the truth though. Most of the players the Hawks have taken in the draft since Clarkson took over aren't regulars in the side. Only Franklin, Roughead, Lewis and now Rioli. Dowler, Thorp, Muston, Renouf, Bailey, etc are not regulars in the team and most don't look like breaking in any time soon.
There side is built around Hodge, Mitchell, Bateman, Crawford, Croad, Sewell etc who were on the list when Clarkson took over.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2008, 03:39:38 AM »
You're comparing Wallace to the wrong guy. Everyone looks good against the worst coach ever to have been given an AFL gig.

Facts are that we pay Wallace twice what Clarkson (or eade for that matter get),....

Could you post the actual salary of each of the 3 please?
I'm assuming you have that information if you're stating it as facts.

As for you alluding to Frawley being the worst coach ever, his ordinary record is still heaps better than plenty of others.
He might not have been particularly good but here are a few names from recent times who don't compare well to him statistically - Tim Watson, Peter Rohde, Damian Drum and Gerard Neesham.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

jackstar

« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2008, 07:19:23 AM »

when it comes to the RFC, ill be happy when we make the 8 MOI nothing else.

we have accepted failure for how many years??

im sorry your comment that "you were happy with our year so far" was mind boggling to say the least.

Totally agree

Moi

« Reply #250 on: July 07, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »
Who's gonna coach us Jack if Wallace doesn't?

jackstar

« Reply #251 on: July 07, 2008, 07:28:18 AM »
Frawley
Wallace

At the moment, worse. I dont beleive the younger guys we have recuited as a GROUP are going to impact as good as many people think( exclude( Lids, Cotchin,Morton Foley Thursfield). There has been more mistakes with recuiting in the past 4 years than there has been for  a while.  Tambling/JON/ McMahon, throw in wasted pics in Graham/Kingsley i could go on and on. Have a look at the guys at Coburg who have been on our list for a few years Eg Meyer, Connors etc  There are too many small players recruited.

By the way, if you bag Sziller and C.King, you know little about football. They were 2 major reasons we played finals in 2001, both had good years, go and get a video and have a look.
Weller and Morrison, well that was Greg Millers influence, he has little idea but there are some here who reckon he is a genius, hammerheads maybe :lol

jackstar

« Reply #252 on: July 07, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »
Who's gonna coach us Jack if Wallace doesn't?

Mark Williams
Wayne Campbell.
Leon Cameron
Kevin Sheedy.

Leon Cameron would make an excellent coach.
Half the price then Wallet and you would get a better result.

You all laughed at me when I mentioned Matty Knights last year, lets just see where Matty is at the end of the year shall we, he will be an excellent coach. as will Leon and Wayne in the future

Moi

« Reply #253 on: July 07, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
Mattie will be a good coach when he gets the results on the board.
For a team that was going to make the eight, they're doing worse than us, yet you give him credit and us none.
Wayne Campbell and Leon Cameron, have they coached before
Kevin Sheedy is gonna coach from his nursing home
And Mark Williams, how can you insult us like that.
You wanna get rid of members, get Mark Williams.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #254 on: July 07, 2008, 08:15:09 AM »
Have a look at the guys at Coburg who have been on our list for a few years Eg Meyer, Connors etc  There are too many small players recruited.

A few years???????

It is Connors 2nd year Jack....

SInce when has a FEW = 2 ::)

Meyer - it's his 4th but to throw Connors in there is stupid
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)