Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43382 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:35 AM »
Mattie will be a good coach when he gets the results on the board.
For a team that was going to make the eight, they're doing worse than us, yet you give him credit and us none.
Wayne Campbell and Leon Cameron, have they coached before
Kevin Sheedy is gonna coach from his nursing home
And Mark Williams, how can you insult us like that.
You wanna get rid of members, get Mark Williams.

again your post is illinformed MOI.

Knighter is into his 1st year,  whereas TW is approaching the end of his 4th.

big difference wouldn't you say
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2008, 08:36:33 AM »

Suggest you get informed:

Matthew Knights:

Port Adelaide Magpies - 20 games - 7 wins, 13 losses
Bendigo - 55 games - 20 wins - 35 losses
Essendon - 14 games - 5 wiins - 9 losses

I see a pattern here.  Until he starts winning and he can tip the scales there is nothing to suggest Matthew Knights is a gimme or deserves to coach the Tiges or anyone.

jackstar

« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2008, 08:37:31 AM »
Have a look at the guys at Coburg who have been on our list for a few years Eg Meyer, Connors etc  There are too many small players recruited.

A few years???????

It is Connors 2nd year Jack....

SInce when has a FEW = 2 ::)

Meyer - it's his 4th but to throw Connors in there is stupid

You dont get it WP do you?
Connors hasnt improved from last year.
Why hasnt he improved ?
Had a taste of AFL, where is he now, Coburg.
I rest my case. ::)

jackstar

« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2008, 08:39:11 AM »

Matthew Knights:

I see a pattern here.  Until he starts winning and he can tip the scales there is nothing to suggest Matthew Knights is a gimme or deserves to coach the Tiges or anyone.

Moi, I am sick of your crap.
Why dont you start watching a few games and try and look at what essendon are trying to achieve, there game plan etc.
Instead of the RUBBISH Wallace dishes up!  chip chip chip, sideways backwards etc etc

Moi

« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »

Matthew Knights:

Why dont you start watching a few games and try and look at what essendon are trying to achieve, there game plan etc.
Instead of the RUBBISH Wallace dishes up!  chip chip chip, sideways backwards etc etc
How you can recommend someone like Knighter who doesn't have the runs on the board above someone who at least got the dogs to a preliminary final - yes, the same as Danny for the Frawley lovers.  You even wanted Mark Harvey at one stage.  We would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to get him, yet you think he's a great coach lol
Yep, Freo are a dangerous side  :lol
Only dangerous when you split your sides laughing at Harvey's press conferences lol

Get some counselling

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2008, 09:07:21 AM »
l dont think wallace will get any extensions this year.
and the simple fact of the matter is ,if we go down the drain in the remaining matches, he wont be there next year.
l think with miller stepping down from the board ,he is distancing himself from any plans about wallace.
it is unusual for a board member to step down midseason,yes people will be saying it allows him more time to do his recruiting dutys ,but he must of thought about that before the season started.
l think march is starting to listen to what the fans are saying.
l wouldnt be surprised to see wallaces name mentioned as a coach of the new gold coast team.
at least he wouldnt need his solarium up in qld.
the only concern l have is who would replace wallace as coach .
l think the tigers need a proven premiership coach,would worsfold or williams leave their clubs .
would mathews come back to victoria which he has stated he wanted to .
l would love worsfold to come to the tigers ,but l dont think that will happen.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2008, 09:16:08 AM »

Matthew Knights:

How you can recommend someone like Knighter who doesn't have the runs on the board above someone who at least got the dogs to a preliminary final - yes, the same as Danny for the Frawley lovers.  You even wanted Mark Harvey at one stage.  We would be scraping the bottom of the barrel to get him, yet you think he's a great coach lol
Only dangerous when you split your sides laughing at Harvey's press conferences lol

Get some counselling

very mature post MOI. Get some councelling!!! very bright comment indeed.
No where have i ever said that Knighter should be the coach of the rfc.
 i am merely saying to use him as a comparison to TW is stupid.

4 years vrs 1 year. yeah lets compare... :wallywink
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

Matthew Knights:

Get some counselling

We know who needs Counselling ::)
And as for Mark Harvey, he was good friends with Clinton Casey at the time.
Its no secret that they met often and Harvey knocked back any progress in even looking at coaching the tiges
Watch how Essendon play for once in your life.
Wallaces game plan is terrible or dont you watch the game ::)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »
Why hasnt he improved ?
You rest your case? Thank god you're not a lawyer, you wouldn't be very good, although you may be liked more
Daniel had no preseason due to stress fractures in his leg.
Even forgetting that, he certainly wouldn't be the first player to plateau or drop in his 2nd year, they've even named it 2nd Year Blues.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »

By the way, if you bag Sziller and C.King, you know little about football. They were 2 major reasons we played finals in 2001, both had good years, go and get a video and have a look.
Weller and Morrison, well that was Greg Millers influence, he has little idea but there are some here who reckon he is a genius, hammerheads maybe :lol

No Jack, If you read my post correctly, All the players in my post were labelled as "Recycled" not Duds. Recycled players are players that have played for AFL clubs previously ::) I was actually contemplating leaving King & Sziller out as I knew you wouldn't get where I was coming from. On Frawley's list is also one N.Brown. You keep mentioning Kingsley & Graham yet you forget some of the horrible trades done in the past which we are still paying for like Hudson, Marsh, fleming, Fletcher etc... In retrospect, Kingsley and Graham really cost us very little and Graham actually did fill a void and performed his job reasonably well. Glad to see you were somehow able to associate Weller & Morrison indirectly to our current onfield management via Miller. ::) IIRC, you have said in the past that you felt Frawley was a better coach than Wallace and I was just providing Facts based on their ability to build a sustainable list. For you to prefer Frawley's list of recycled's over Wallace's is laughable!  :lol

« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
We know who needs Counselling ::)
And as for Mark Harvey, he was good friends with Clinton Casey at the time.
Its no secret that they met often and Harvey knocked back any progress in even looking at coaching the tiges
Watch how Essendon play for once in your life.
Wallaces game plan is terrible or dont you watch the game ::)

Your obsession with TW is bordering on being an issue where some sort of help is needed.

:whistle

Moi

« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2008, 11:46:23 AM »
No where have i ever said that Knighter should be the coach of the rfc.
 i am merely saying to use him as a comparison to TW is stupid.

4 years vrs 1 year. yeah lets compare... :wallywink

Never said you did, i was replying to Jack  ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2008, 11:51:07 AM »
any Richmond supporter could tell our future if they seriously watched the game style & coaching match-ups on the field that Wallace has given us nothing of value since taking over.
He started his cleanout far too late which has caused us more grief & we should be more advanced in list like the Hawks, Bulldogs, Blues, Crows, Bombers, Bears, Magpies, Saints,  but the fact is they have played finals & have turned over many players & are playing finals again while we stink in our poo decision making of bad recruiting of 1 year players who spend more time playing for Coburg than giving Richmond any benefit at all.
Wallace & Miller are lucky someone like myself is not President of the club,  cause l would sacked them for even thinking of rebuilding a side after being there a few seasons. The playing style is pathetic & we are the slowest club coming out of the backline moving forward even with Bowden missing from the side. We still continue to look backwards & sideways & our captain is rated the worst in the league & our leadership group is wrong, so that says alot for the coaching at present cause we are feared by no club in fact other clubs look forward to playing us after they have a fall the previous week. Our players show no intimidation apart from King, we are fearless.
These last 8 weeks are going to be painful, the fact is Wallace does not know how to instruct other coaches to carry out basic tactics & moves & we are suffering dearly.

Leon Cameron or Paul Hudson would coach better

by the way did anyone see how exciting Dale Thomas was  on Saturday night  ;D gee his exciting l wish he wore yellow & black colours cause his a future champion who was drafted after Tambling, Deledio, McMahon, & others & his coach has him producing like all them other skunk drafts.

Why is Collingwood so more advanced with thier new players,  its cause we got bozo's coaching them  ;D we are the Richmond Tafe Coaching College  :rollin

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2008, 12:59:31 PM »
You're comparing Wallace to the wrong guy. Everyone looks good against the worst coach ever to have been given an AFL gig.

Facts are that we pay Wallace twice what Clarkson (or eade for that matter get),....

Could you post the actual salary of each of the 3 please?
I'm assuming you have that information if you're stating it as facts.

As for you alluding to Frawley being the worst coach ever, his ordinary record is still heaps better than plenty of others.
He might not have been particularly good but here are a few names from recent times who don't compare well to him statistically - Tim Watson, Peter Rohde, Damian Drum and Gerard Neesham.

Dont be such a baby FF. You cant dispute that Wallace was one of the highest paid AFL coaches when he was appointed and he was (and is) making a lot more money than Eade or Clarkson.

And rightly so. He got the big contract because he was one of the few coaches around that could have us playing finals again.

That he hasnt shouldnt be fobbed off. It should be the primary consideration if a contract extension is going to take place.

And LMAO @ you still defending Danny Frawley

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »
Why hasnt he improved ?

Another of your stock standard answers Jack ..."someone (in this case me) just doesnt get it"

Why because I disagree with you  :banghead

You posted (that's you not me) that we should take a look at the guys playing at Coburg that have been on the RFC list a few years, in that sweeping statement YOU, not me threw in the name Connors.

The facts are Connors has been on the list since the 2006 draft, that by my calculation means that 2008 is his 2nd year. Now the last time I checked the term a "few" meant 3 or more.

Connors has not been on the RFC list a few years - that was my point.  :banghead Perhaps it is you who doesn't get it because that was my POINT, nothing more nothing less

As Imfamy correctly pointed out Connors had an interupted pre-season due to injury and that let me guess in your mind that wouldn't play any part in him not playing AFL so far this year ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)