Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43207 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2008, 09:32:04 PM »
Joel Bowden Best and Fairest 2004 and 2005 by memory.
Hey BLX , you are a tool

Hey jack you beat me too it, this blx really is a tard

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2008, 05:06:35 AM »
Debate, discuss, agree and disagree between yourselves all you want but cut out adding the childish namecalling  ::). It's got out of hand! :banghead

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »
l dont understand why people keep blaming danny frawley for all our problems.
he got us into the finals in his second year,now this is when the problems started .
alot of players didnt continue there form from that year,and casey as president didnt get the right people in to help .
Spud isn't the only one to blame. Beck was our recruiter and he was there under Geisch as well which was just a woeful period of recruiting as under Spud. However we have so few players left from the 5 drafts under Spud whereas the Cats, Hawks, Dogs and Pies current sides are made up mostly from the kids they got from these same 5 drafts.   

Geisch:

1997 -  (Ottens at Geelong)
1998: -  (Tivs elevated rookie)

Spud:
1999: -  (Fiora at St Kilda)
2000: Petts, Cogs, Newy, Hyde
2001: -  (Rodan at Port)
2002: Schulz   (Sugar was a trade, Moore rookie)
2003: Jackson, Tuck, Raines  (Browny was a trade)

7 drafts worth (56 recruits in total excluding rookies) and all we got out of them were 12 players (15 if you include Ottens, Fiora and D-Rod) and out of those 12 you could cut that number in half by 2009 after ths year's delistings/trades. 2001 was the superdraft and only Rodan is still running around from our picks. There are 4 National drafts which we scored blank  :help and if Schulz is delisted it'll become 5 total misses in 7 consecutive National drafts that should now our senior core. Mindboggling how people can then turnaround, throw their hands up in the air and gasp how come it's taking so long to rebuild and why do you still bag Frawley, Geisch and Beck. Gee I wonder why  ::).

The problem then was we traded away our best picks for duds then recruited just a few kids often later in the draft and then hoped and prayed they would all become stars. Of course that's fantasy thinking. Even the best clubs have only a 50% hit rate at best (3 kids make it per year on average). What you need to do instead is bring through a lot of kids and then syphon through them to form your core group for the years to come. That's what we are doing now. Then you build upon that base.

Spud made the finals in 2001 as he still had the core group from 95 - Richo, both Gales, Knighter, Cambo, Brodders, Rogers, Daffy plus earlier recruits picked up 4-5 years before he became coach - Gas, Kellaway, Torney, Bowden, Chaffey and Bourke  :P and one off years from Otto, Tivs, Hilton, King and of course Leon Cameron via a trade. That '95 core group was nearing the end and wasn't replaced with a whole heap of quality youth hence the massive hole that developed in the mid-age bracket in our list.   

l agree with alot of what you wrote.
but hindsight is a fantastic thing,after we made the finals under danny it was widely acknowledged we needed a good midfielder to go the next step.
so we ended up getting johnson .
 but it all went pear shape caused from inexperience and lack of patience .
once danny tasted finals he couldnt handle being out of them and recruited patch up players .
some of them where stupid picks,the carlton players who couldnt get a game with the bottom side :help
theres always a chance you can get a recycled player and he will turn it all around,but we took too many .
alot of people say the hawks are only wear they are because of buddy and roughead,well we could of had those 2.
and in the last 4 years we have been overtaken by a few clubs ,people shouldnt compare us to geelong .
because the cats youngsters where quality ,we only have a few that look likely to be long term .
in another few years we will be saying why did we recruit so and so.
wallace and miller have been recruiting youngsters to suite wallets game plan .
thats putting our future again in 1 persons hands .
l think the club are starting to shy away from this ,and will start getting stronger players and hopefully more aggressive types .
lm sure if we delist or trade any youngsters they will improve under another coach .
wallace in his final years at the dogs couldnt coach youngsters ,his results are proof of that .
we need someone who can not only take us to finals but the premiership ,wallace may make the finals with us ,but he will never win a premiership with us or any club for that matter.
he doesnt have what it takes.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #408 on: July 17, 2008, 11:26:07 AM »
mightytigers - what a great post you put together regarding our recruiting in the past. It really put things into context for me and coupled with smokey's recent recruiting post explains very clearly why we are where we are at as a club and why we are now starting to show some promise.

I think it is very clear that we are on the brink of some long awaited success at Tigerland and it is our recent recruits that will take us there.

If I was to create a current team out of your recruitment list from 2004 onwards Smokey it would look something like this -

Rance           Thursfield           King

McGuane         Gourdis             Oakley-Nichollas

Cotchin           Putt                Deledio

White             Polo               Connors

Tambling         Riewoldt            White

Edwards         Hughes            Morton

Interchange - Collins, Pattison/Graham, Meyer, Collard.       

If you throw in some addition players such as Schulz and Moore into the backline (2002 draft), Raines and McMahon that looks like a strong, promising unit to me. Add more new recruits over the next few years and we have the makings of a powerful team IMHO. :)

Stripes

blx

« Reply #409 on: July 17, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »
Joel Bowden Best and Fairest 2004 and 2005 by memory.
Hey BLX , you are a tool

Hey jack you beat me too it, this blx really is a tard

like i said keep pulling out the scrapbook boys cause thats all youve got left to cling on to  :sleep

Would love to get another genuine mid into that team stripes.

I still have hopes for Casserly and Meyer especially after the faith the football department rightfully displayed with Moore.

To us it seemed like a gamble with Moore but i do recall that they always had faith that he would come good and just needed a lucky break with the injury gods.

Same for Meyer and Cass i feel.

Meyer is a classy player and his form in the burgs has been superb. The week before (against Pox Hill) he was in the best and was actually named BOG last week against Port.

He has shown an agressiveness in his game over the last month and is relaly starting to take opposition players on.

His disposal by foot is a-grade so theres hope there for Meyer to geta few games before the end of the year.

Cass is a worry but he hasnt had a free run of injuries. I think he will be given another year.

One of Hartlett/Zielbell/Robinson for frist pick and then a tall kpp next with a ruckman further down the track.

I really want a Genuine Mid for this draft.

jackstar

« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »
Meyer classy ::) You not getting mixed up with Coles Myer are you.
He is another player who wont make it, JON and Danny should be shown the door at years end.
You must go to different Coburg games actually, Sure you dont go and watch West Coburg in the EDFL :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #411 on: July 17, 2008, 08:50:07 PM »

like i said keep pulling out the scrapbook boys cause thats all youve got left to cling on to  :sleep

dont worry l got lots of scrapbooks to cling too with all my champions tigers in it & all the good premiership memories
Joel is still playing in the senior side, setting up goals & getting back into defence punching the ball away from the forwards, getting 24 touches in a game that his teammates didnot rely on him & all stood up & won the game together, as l said Joel will be around for another 3-4 years & will play 300+ games like it or not
your the one who is looking stupid with your comments his not the same player he was 5 to 10 years ago :rollin his just turned 30
as l stated before l dont think you know who Joel Bowden cause your obviously not watching him

blx

« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
He is another player who wont make it, JON and Danny should be shown the door at years end.
You must go to different Coburg games actually, Sure you dont go and watch West Coburg in the EDFL :lol

won BOG last week. Coach was impressed with him, especially with his great ball use.

blx

« Reply #413 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »
your the one who is looking stupid with your comments his not the same player he was 5 to 10 years ago :rollin his just turned 30
as l stated before l dont think you know who Joel Bowden cause your obviously not watching him

thats funny i distinctly remember going to see him out at waverley over ten years ago at a preseason praccy match  ;)

stood next to him in the huddle and was impressed by his size for a midfielder (as he was touted then).

didnt live up to that promise either.

anyway as i said many times i dont loath him at all, i just think his end is near.

would be a great mentor for the kids but as a player i think its time he made way to developing juniors.

keep bangin his drum all you like, yes he probobly will play 300 who knows? i hope he does for your sake but lets move on.

jackstar

« Reply #414 on: July 17, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »

won BOG last week. Coach was impressed with him, especially with his great ball use.

You see that the problem with th RFC.
I watched the entire game and he was now where near BOG.
Wouldnt care what the coach thought, as he has little idea going on last weeks pathetic effort.
If we keep the Danny Meyers of the world on our list, we are going now where, next you will try and tell me that JON will make it as well.
Where is Colllard by the way ??????????

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »

You see that the problem with th RFC.
I watched the entire game and he was now where near BOG.
Wouldnt care what the coach thought, as he has little idea going on last weeks pathetic effort.
If we keep the Danny Meyers of the world on our list, we are going now where, next you will try and tell me that JON will make it as well.
Where is Colllard by the way ??????????

It still makes me laugh Jack when some on here, still hold hope that JON is going to make the grade.

Nothing against the poor bloke because he is probably a good guy, but on the field he is nothing more than a poor man's chris egan.

They both are for the dingley tip and JON should get shown the door asap for the sake of our club going forward..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar

« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
Frankston tip, which just happens to be close to you know where ????? Centrelink Frankston :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2008, 10:28:14 PM »
Frankston tip, which just happens to be close to you know where ????? Centrelink Frankston :lol

yep even better franga!!! blaisee say hi to JON and Chris Egan for me wont you pal..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

thats funny i distinctly remember going to see him out at waverley over ten years ago at a preseason praccy match  ;)

stood next to him in the huddle and was impressed by his size for a midfielder (as he was touted then).

didnt live up to that promise either.

anyway as i said many times i dont loath him at all, i just think his end is near.

would be a great mentor for the kids but as a player i think its time he made way to developing juniors.

keep bangin his drum all you like, yes he probobly will play 300 who knows? i hope he does for your sake but lets move on.

i'll vouch for that-i was there :thumbsup

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2008, 10:32:53 PM »
Daniel and Jack, why is it every time one of you posts, the other is temporarily offline, then I go back to the main page, the other replies, and the first one is offline  :shh :shh :shh
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.