Author Topic: Terry's Next Contract  (Read 43178 times)

jackstar

Re: Terry's Next Contract
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »
can assure you we are two different people. We are going to have drinks at the Hilton on saturday at 12.00. Come if you want, dont let the $8.00 Crownies turn you away.  MJS is bringing his wallet, lol

Moi

« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2008, 10:47:02 PM »
Just shows Terry's commitment to the club, dragging himself out of hospital to go to the club to do what he has to do.
What a champ  ;D
Waddya reckon, Jack ?  :rollin

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2008, 10:57:42 PM »
can assure you we are two different people. We are going to have drinks at the Hilton on saturday at 12.00. Come if you want, dont let the $8.00 Crownies turn you away.  MJS is bringing his wallet, lol

Not insinuating anything...you guys are like chalk and cheese with opinions that differ far too much to be one person ;) :lol

Work rules out much wekend wise, but I'll be at the cocktail party :cheers
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

jackstar

« Reply #423 on: July 17, 2008, 10:59:40 PM »
Just shows Terry's commitment to the club, dragging himself out of hospital to go to the club to do what he has to do.
What a champ  ;D

he has the flu ffs.
And if I was getting $600,000 a year, I would work sick everyday.
Terrys commitment, could tell you something , DONT GET ME STARTED

Moi

« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:15 PM »
What a champ  ;D

he has the flu ffs.
Tell us, Jack, we ain't heard it before  :rollin

jackstar

« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2008, 11:19:57 PM »
What a champ  ;D

he has the flu ffs.

Whats the point talking imbeciles, good night
Tell us, Jack, we ain't heard it before  :rollin

jackstar

« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2008, 11:21:19 PM »
whats the point in talking to IMBECILES, goodnight MOI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2008, 12:06:38 AM »
You see that the problem with th RFC.
I watched the entire game and he was now where near BOG.
Wouldnt care what the coach thought, as he has little idea going on last weeks pathetic effort.
If we keep the Danny Meyers of the world on our list, we are going now where, next you will try and tell me that JON will make it as well.
Where is Colllard by the way ??????????
I thought you knew everything, Collard is injured
Meyer is also coming back from injury so give the bloke a chance

« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »

I'm on holidays in Queensland (25, sunny and blue skies) or else I would join you.

I'm interested to meet someone so bitter.

:cheers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »
I think Meyer will end up being a very good player for the yellow and black. In fact I believe, baring injury, he will play most of the games in the seniors next year after carving out a place late this year and early next year.

I agree with you on JON though Jack, he just doesn't seem to have the goods. Tiv, Petts, Hyde, Cass and even Cogs (I hope not) will go before Meyer though.

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2008, 03:15:23 PM »
your the one who is looking stupid with your comments his not the same player he was 5 to 10 years ago :rollin his just turned 30
as l stated before l dont think you know who Joel Bowden cause your obviously not watching him

thats funny i distinctly remember going to see him out at waverley over ten years ago at a preseason praccy match  ;)

stood next to him in the huddle and was impressed by his size for a midfielder (as he was touted then).

didnt live up to that promise either.

anyway as i said many times i dont loath him at all, i just think his end is near.

would be a great mentor for the kids but as a player i think its time he made way to developing juniors.

keep bangin his drum all you like, yes he probobly will play 300 who knows? i hope he does for your sake but lets move on.

funny that aint if he was meant to be a midfielder but dinot live up to that promise  :lol so whos fault is that. surely not Joels but the coaches he has had because they use him to patch up the team of no backmen
Richmond were continuely losing backmen & refused to replace them over many years,  this pushing a top footballer who can play anywhere on the ground except ruck is pushed back into the defence to cover over all them years,  l would say Joel Bowden has done a better job than he was asked & won 2 All-Australians & 2 Jack Dyers medals while doing it, the ones you seem to have forgot about which dates back only 3-4 years, Won All-Australian for being the best player in the AFL in that posistion  :rollin & you telling me his not still doing the job l think your a cracker & know nothing
Who cares if you stoood next to him at Waverley, does that make you all warm & fuzzy, my wife stands next to him all the time it makes her all warm & fuzzy also
grow up cracker you seen him at Waverley over 10 year ago so that means he was either in his 1st or 2nd season haha give it a break, so you have the same thoughts on Deledio, Tambling, Cotchin then  :rollin

blx

« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:21 PM »
the team has played some cracking quarters this year, pity it doesnt hold for the full game but at least its a glimpse of the possibilities.

Its these little glimpses that tantalize us and wonder if we can string a full game together then look out.

Our ball movement on Sunday was the best i've seen it for a hell of a long time. yes WCE were crap but you still cant argue that they had 13 premiership players on the ground and you can only play whats in front of you.

theres no doubting that we've definately improved since previous wallace years soat this point in time terry looks set to grab another contract. i doubt very much it'll a 5 year one though.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #432 on: July 19, 2008, 01:30:38 AM »
l dont understand why people keep blaming danny frawley for all our problems.
he got us into the finals in his second year,now this is when the problems started .
alot of players didnt continue there form from that year,and casey as president didnt get the right people in to help .
Spud isn't the only one to blame. Beck was our recruiter and he was there under Geisch as well which was just a woeful period of recruiting as under Spud. However we have so few players left from the 5 drafts under Spud whereas the Cats, Hawks, Dogs and Pies current sides are made up mostly from the kids they got from these same 5 drafts.   

Geisch:

1997 -  (Ottens at Geelong)
1998: -  (Tivs elevated rookie)

Spud:
1999: -  (Fiora at St Kilda)
2000: Petts, Cogs, Newy, Hyde
2001: -  (Rodan at Port)
2002: Schulz   (Sugar was a trade, Moore rookie)
2003: Jackson, Tuck, Raines  (Browny was a trade)

7 drafts worth (56 recruits in total excluding rookies) and all we got out of them were 12 players (15 if you include Ottens, Fiora and D-Rod) and out of those 12 you could cut that number in half by 2009 after ths year's delistings/trades. 2001 was the superdraft and only Rodan is still running around from our picks. There are 4 National drafts which we scored blank  :help and if Schulz is delisted it'll become 5 total misses in 7 consecutive National drafts that should now our senior core. Mindboggling how people can then turnaround, throw their hands up in the air and gasp how come it's taking so long to rebuild and why do you still bag Frawley, Geisch and Beck. Gee I wonder why  ::).

The problem then was we traded away our best picks for duds then recruited just a few kids often later in the draft and then hoped and prayed they would all become stars. Of course that's fantasy thinking. Even the best clubs have only a 50% hit rate at best (3 kids make it per year on average). What you need to do instead is bring through a lot of kids and then syphon through them to form your core group for the years to come. That's what we are doing now. Then you build upon that base.

Spud made the finals in 2001 as he still had the core group from 95 - Richo, both Gales, Knighter, Cambo, Brodders, Rogers, Daffy plus earlier recruits picked up 4-5 years before he became coach - Gas, Kellaway, Torney, Bowden, Chaffey and Bourke  :P and one off years from Otto, Tivs, Hilton, King and of course Leon Cameron via a trade. That '95 core group was nearing the end and wasn't replaced with a whole heap of quality youth hence the massive hole that developed in the mid-age bracket in our list.   

l agree with alot of what you wrote.
but hindsight is a fantastic thing,after we made the finals under danny it was widely acknowledged we needed a good midfielder to go the next step.
so we ended up getting johnson .
 but it all went pear shape caused from inexperience and lack of patience .
once danny tasted finals he couldnt handle being out of them and recruited patch up players .
some of them where stupid picks,the carlton players who couldnt get a game with the bottom side :help
theres always a chance you can get a recycled player and he will turn it all around,but we took too many .
alot of people say the hawks are only wear they are because of buddy and roughead,well we could of had those 2.
and in the last 4 years we have been overtaken by a few clubs ,people shouldnt compare us to geelong .
because the cats youngsters where quality ,we only have a few that look likely to be long term .
in another few years we will be saying why did we recruit so and so.
wallace and miller have been recruiting youngsters to suite wallets game plan .
thats putting our future again in 1 persons hands .
l think the club are starting to shy away from this ,and will start getting stronger players and hopefully more aggressive types .
lm sure if we delist or trade any youngsters they will improve under another coach .
wallace in his final years at the dogs couldnt coach youngsters ,his results are proof of that .
we need someone who can not only take us to finals but the premiership ,wallace may make the finals with us ,but he will never win a premiership with us or any club for that matter.
he doesnt have what it takes.
True DRT some of it can be called hindsight but one thing that wasn't hindsight after the 2001 finals was as you said we needed more and better midfielders after Essendon and Brisbane pulverised us in and out of the centre. We also then lost Brodders to retirement which only weakened a already weak midfield. It was bleedingly obvious to everyone except Spud who  reckoned we only needed a couple more goalkickers to match the then top sides so he goes and recruits HFFs Hudson and Houlihan. That was only the beginning of one recruiting stuff-up after another as you said of bringing in washed up recycled duds from other clubs (yep a few from Carlton  :scream) at the expense of good picks and youngsters. Sure it wasn't all Spud's fault (Beck and then CEO Brayshaw had no idea either) but recruiting wise his 5 years were a disaster zone that the club is still trying to recover from.   

Your right in saying in a few years we'll be saying why did we recruit so and so (eg: JON  :help) but the difference is we drafted a whole heap of youngsters so we won't be relying on all of them to make it to form our new core group. When you draft a lot of kids it isn't panic stations if 2 or 3 fail to make the grade in the end or the choice in the first place turns out to be a mistake. You're increasing the odds of success but drafting more kids especially with earlier picks. I agree too the club in the last draft or two has gone for more stronger and assertive types.   

As for Plough he will be judged in 14 months time. His main terms of reference was to rebuild the list over the given 5 years. That'll be the first thing he is judged upon and then secondly will be the judgement as to whether he is the right guy in the club's eyes to take the group further to success.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #433 on: July 19, 2008, 01:31:36 AM »
can assure you we are two different people.

lol.

you tosspot.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #434 on: July 19, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »
Meyer classy ::)

Mate, quite frankly if you don't rate Meyer as 'classy footballer', in terms of his kicking abilty etc. then you really have no idea.