Author Topic: 2008 AFL Finals  (Read 6032 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2008 AFL Finals
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:53:45 PM »
A delightfully insipid display from the Doggies...

After tonight that's 2 wins in their last 8 games....

No concerns with their from there  ::)

:rollin :rollin

Though, Dawks fans are going to be pains in the clacker this week :'(  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:48 PM »
Make that 2 weeks as the Hawks have the week off to the Prelim.

The doggies will go out in straight set. Sure Buddy kicked 8 but that was because the dogs got absolutely smashed in the midfield and at and around the stoppages. The Hawk mids had so much ball in plenty of space. Some people were hoping we didn't make the finals so not to embarrass ourselves but sheesh we couldn't do any worse than the dogs tonight who have limped into September over the past 2 months.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
The umpring in this Crows/Pies game is the worst ive seen all year.

the pies are getting everything and the crows are getting Jack. Its a friggen joke.

come on crows fcukin lift would ya beat these scumbags
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »
Neil Craig must surely be on thin ice after losing to the Pies at footy park. Sure he got the Crows into the finals again but they keep bombing out every year. Just 2 wins from 7 finals. They're record against the eventual top 8 sides this year was almost as bad as ours. Beat North early on and then the Swans and Dogs both out of form towards the end of the year.

The Pies will probably make the prelim against the Hawks now as they should play St Kilda next week who aren't much chop either.

Moi

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »
Looks like there's no-one at the Swans-North game
And they want two teams out of Sydney

I can understand Tasmania's frustration  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 04:30:54 PM »
Looks like there's no-one at the Swans-North game
And they want two teams out of Sydney

I can understand Tasmania's frustration  :banghead
The lowest crowd to a final since 1924 they said  :o. Mind you watching the Swans play every week would turn you off  :sleep. As for North, looks like that Shinboner spirit had the night off again lol. Both clubs along with the Saints are sides we need to bypass next year if we want to make the finals.

The Catters are marching along to another easy win. 8 goals up in the wet which should be more like 15 given they've had 24 scoring shots to just 6. A class and even two above everyone else.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 12:24:30 AM »
Another pathetic crowd tonight to a final. Just 42k on a perfect night for footy. At least when we finally make it we'll fill the place.

An end of an era for the Swannies. Everitt is finished, Kennelly will head off back home probably and most of their older premiership players are too old and slow to shut down the good sides any more. Just shows how shocking we were when we got smashed by them up at the SCG  :scream. Hopefully another preseason will see our cubs stronger in the bodies to match and beat 'em both inside and out in space. They're one of the sides we'll need to bypass next year if we are to make the finals.

As for the interchange rule - yeah it was there as Callan went outside the line but the proverbial would have hit the fan if the Dogs had lost. That free totally changed the momentum of the game for the next 10 minutes in the Swannies favour.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
You know what ?

We would of won that game last night !

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 05:50:07 PM »
depends who turns up who will win tonight, hope it's the saints, reckon they are more of a chance of giving the dawks a run.

It all doesn't matter in the end tho  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 11:23:43 PM »
On the Sainters  :lol. Hope the knock off the Hawkers again next week  :pray.

Malthouse had a shocker in the box. Left Brown on Riewoldt until the game was over at 3/4 time even though Brown was getting Hack Dawsoned.

And once again Daisy "I'm an overrated receiver and downhill skier" Thomas goes missing in a Pies' loss :yep.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 07:58:39 AM »
And once again Daisy "I'm an overrated receiver and downhill skier" Thomas goes missing in a Pies' loss :yep.

Beat me to the punch MT.

Who was the loser that stated Thomas was better to watch than Lids - LMFAO@that real hard  :lol :rollin ;D

REAL HARD

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »

Beat me to the punch MT.

Who was the loser that stated Thomas was better to watch than Lids - LMFAO@that real hard  :lol :rollin ;D

REAL HARD
LOL

Well that's something Thomas isn't - a real hard footballer  ;). At least we've seen Lids run back into oncoming traffic and take the hit.

I just want to see one game where Thomas stops skirting the packs waiting for a teammate to make him look good and stands up instead when the Pies are struggling. For someone who is potrayed as a gun in the media he goes missing big time every single time. Everyone bags Blingers yet even he gets more of the ball and tackles more than Thomas.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »

Beat me to the punch MT.

REAL HARD
LOL

Well that's something Thomas isn't - a real hard footballer  ;). At least we've seen Lids run back into oncoming traffic and take the hit.

I just want to see one game where Thomas stops skirting the packs waiting for a teammate to make him look good and stands up instead when the Pies are struggling. For someone who is potrayed as a gun in the media he goes missing big time every single time. Everyone bags Blingers yet even he gets more of the ball and tackles more than Thomas.

blingers is not much better IMO. Both are not worth top 10 picks, perhaps the 20 mark for both of them.

Thomas at least kicks goals from time to time(not many id say), whereas blingers hasn't really proved anything in his career to date.

6 of 1
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 06:11:10 PM »

Beat me to the punch MT.

REAL HARD
LOL

blingers is not much better IMO. Both are not worth top 10 picks, perhaps the 20 mark for both of them.

Thomas at least kicks goals from time to time(not many id say), whereas blingers hasn't really proved anything in his career to date.

6 of 1
True both haven't proved anything of note as yet but that's my point. Blingers gets bagged as a dud whereas Thomas is the media darling and has his pic everywhere like he's some kind of superstar :chuck.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 04:10:07 PM »
Bateman has rolled his ankle at training and Croad didn't show thanks to his injured foot. Geez I'd laugh if the Hawks get done this week after coming out again today boasting about how they'll win 2 flags within 5 years. I'd be over the moon with one flag given how hard they are to win rather than testing footy karma.