Author Topic: March and Wallace rift ....... no more [merged]  (Read 7936 times)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger rifts widen b/w March and Wallace despite easy win (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 12:50:27 PM »

The coaches need input into the players they will be coaching. They should have a say in who stays and who goes, what type of players they are in need of and what type they have an abundance of. As Sheahan rightly points out the coaches have a much better understanding of the dynamics of the group and the potential of players. Outsiders can not possibly have the same understanding of a playing group as those who work, analyse and develop each player on a daily basis.

Stripes

I suspect Wallace will still have the main stay on who goes and stays

Where he should have NO say is in who comes in and how they are acquired..
Hopefully this is now the case..
His desire to get Kerr is a disgrace

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
Wallace may walk I reckon. And that may happen because if he leaves now he will always say that he left the club with a young list that had just won 11 1/2 games and a list that was on the up and that he was forced out, its a good way for him to keep his reputation in tact, i reckon theres a real chance he'll go now.

Disagree Ramps - I reckon he'll stay.... he wants to finish this job :thumbsup

Let the club sort their issues out behind closed doors, The season is over
Some of us have known there are ill feeling within the club & now its time for them officials & players to sort out the rot before next year

:clapping :clapping I agree with you totally TMonk.

It's been a good season, better than alot of people thought it would be, let's build on it not implode on it

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bizarre to keep Terry Wallace in dark: Mike Sheahan (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

It's amazing to think March has sparked this debate.

What debate is that, Mike Sheahan? The one you and your media mates are sparking by putting your own spin on what was said?

I heard both TripleM interviews and I'm scratching my head as to how there was anything sinister in them.

The only part that raised an eyebrow from me was Wallace mentioning that he hasn't had any consultation about the new General Manager of football.
That can be fixed - no appointment has been made yet.

Sounds to me like the Scum is getting back at us for making them pull the Polly "interview".

Anyway with Mathhews resigning it's old news and no one but Sheahan and his mates are interested now.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
Why can't 2 people have a different perspective on things without it being blown out of proportion.

I can see where TW is coming from with 6.5 'based on last year' even though I tend to disagree, as I see it not based on anything but achieving finals and in that case Marchs'
5 is what we deserve as a mark.

Some may call it spin but I really think Wallace is fair dinkum and speaking his mind, 'nothing wrong with that'. He won't be going anywhere of his own accord.
Come June 09 if we are not in the 8 may be Dangertime for TW

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »
Wallace may walk I reckon. And that may happen because if he leaves now he will always say that he left the club with a young list that had just won 11 1/2 games and a list that was on the up and that he was forced out, its a good way for him to keep his reputation in tact, i reckon theres a real chance he'll go now.

I don't think he is going anywhere. He has stated that if he is not at Richmond then he is nowhere. He has risked his career on this club and will only go if pushed.

I hope he gets a chance to see his plan through

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 03:16:18 PM »
The media are enjoying this. Robbo reckons one now has to go as March and Wallace are not on the same page on serious issues. He also believes March wouldn't say anything unless he believed had the support of the board. It would also be natural for March's ears to prick up hearing Matthews has quit at Brisbane. Doran joked that Wallace would have phone Brisbane already.

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »
well he wouldnot have to use his solerium if he went to Brisbane  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 03:28:57 PM »
Both clubs lost spectacularly last time we swapped coaches.  Wonder if either/both have learnt?  :help

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
The media are enjoying this. Robbo reckons one now has to go as March and Wallace are not on the same page on serious issues.

Since when were footy clubs ALWAYS happy playgrounds?

They're an organisation who are going to have conflicting views and opinions at times.

It's how they deal with it that shows the real working relationship strength between the two.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »
Both clubs lost spectacularly last time we swapped coaches.  Wonder if either/both have learnt?  :help

Not that lightning would strike twice 13 years apart but you'll find that in many cases footy clubs do not learn from mistakes and hindsight is an often used word when reminiscing on things after an event takes place.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »
If this wasn't the RFC we were talking about here this would be comical

Seriously!
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
Whether March is right or wrong in his assessment is not really the point. This is another question mark over his PR abilities.

The coaching job will most likely be up for grabs end of 2009. What are the best applicants looking for:

* A young, competitive list - check
* A good football operations team - in progress
* Good training facilities - in progress
* A supportive, media savvy president - ????

Spot on jake!

Every coach needs support from the board and a say in matters that affect the playing list. At the moment March is letting the 'Footy World' know at Richmond you get neither.

Stripes
Yep on top of appointing a loose cannon L-plater like Free to the board, March has made some serious blues this year publicly which have needlessly embarrassed the club and overshadowed positive results by the footy team. Miller's sacking in the middle of a winning streak and just before a crucial game, and now this.  I would've thought the answer was we are continuing on the long-term plan of developing our young list that in time and with maturity will give us sustained success and we agreed with Terry that we won't be discussing his contract until next year! Play a straight bat and stick to the company line and keep the inhouse stuff inhouse. Richmond officials still haven't learnt to keep their mouths shut when they need to ::).

Buckley on 3aw reckons this all comes back to the appointment of Free. Hard to argue with that as the club seemed united before he came on board.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 08:32:03 PM »
Free is a loose cannon much like Mal Brown was in 1994.
Many similarities to 1994
both seasons we finished 9th.

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 08:32:27 PM »
On the couch should be good viewing tonight. Re Mike Sheahan

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:03 PM »
yo gotta love the RFC. :whistle

batten down the hatches, there is a one hell of a storm brewing. :yep