Author Topic: Schwab on SEN - summary  (Read 6929 times)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Schwab on SEN - summary
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 10:32:32 AM »
The same reservations about the alternative ticket were being raised prior to the Frawley announcement and well before the Wallace appointment.

Exactly right FishFinger.  From the start, some of us thought Schwab was just on an ego trip.  Pure and simple.

Schwab couldn’t care less whether he was in charge of an AFL club, some soccer body or an ice cream shop, as long as he felt he had some power.

And right from the start, he has shown nothing to suggest otherwise.  He has gained no momentum or support from anyone, anywhere.  If anything, people have moved away from aligning themselves with him and his group.  Apart from anything else, his enthusiasm for all things Richmond hardly pours out of him and makes you think he really cares enough or is that interested in the long-term future of the Club.  Because if he was wholehearted about this, people would jump on the band wagon and support him just as whole heartedly.  Instead the wishy washy support he has says something about the way he has gone about this whole thing.

People can say all they like that he is a Richmond person, but I reckon that Eddie McGuire is more of a Richmond person than Schwab ever has been.  No joke.

Add to all that the fact that the man can’t see past his nose and you know why people won’t support him.  Even if he was Pinnochio, he still couldn’t see far enough to help RFC get off mediocrity street.  Especially when the people behind him are just as short-sighted as he is.

To put Schwab in would be a step backwards.  At least Casey goes out and puts his reputation on the line.  If he fails, it won’t be for lack of trying.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:35:32 AM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »
Tidbid in the H.Sun saying a third party may be formed...did not mention names.

I wonder if that's just a handy rumour because alot of Tiger members are disappointed with the choice of Casey or Schwab or there's more to it. I wish there was another and this time half-decent alternative. They wouldn't have much competition to win at an election.

Not mentioning any names doesn't give the rumour much credibility.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2004, 05:20:55 PM »
Tidbid in the H.Sun saying a third party may be formed...did not mention names.

I wonder if that's just a handy rumour because alot of Tiger members are disappointed with the choice of Casey or Schwab or there's more to it. I wish there was another and this time half-decent alternative. They wouldn't have much competition to win at an election.

My sentiments exactly MT. Swab challenging for the board has done nothing more than to increase Casey's hold on the presidents position.

What I'd give for a viable alternative to such perennial losers.

Jackstar

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2004, 09:36:58 PM »
As the old timers would say, Brendan Schwab not worth two-bob.
 Thats sounds like a good slogan actually, with any luck he might use it for the election ;)

Jackstar

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2004, 09:37:58 PM »
As the old timers would say, Brendan Schwab not worth two-bob.
 Thats sounds like a good slogan actually, with any luck he might use it for the election ;)