Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30953 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
Didn't think Browne could play for us being a Rookie??
We can still promote him early next week I believe before the game with Petts on the LTIL until round 3.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2009, 09:15:26 PM »
Mmmm interesting prospect MT, maybe they are waiting to see who will fit the club better at the moment, Browne or Nahas, my money would be on Browne from what I have heard.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bring on Ben Cousins: Judd (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2009, 03:58:19 AM »
Bring on Ben Cousins
Jon Ralph | March 20, 2009 12:00am

CARLTON captain Chris Judd can't wait to line up against former teammate and Richmond recruit Ben Cousins, and is predicting they will be direct opponents at times on Thursday night.

Judd has been in regular contact with Cousins, whose erratic behaviour led to him taking over the West Coast captaincy in 2006, and said the former Eagle was ready and raring to go.

The Richmond-Carlton blockbuster, which will open the season on Thursday - should draw more than 80,000 fans to the MCG.

Judd revealed yesterday he had finally been able to do the leg weights that have given him back his breakneck speed and power after groin problems.

And with Cousins fresh from two excellent pre-season performances for Richmond, fellow Brownlow medallist Judd said he was counting down the days to the Round 1 clash.

"I really am (looking forward) to it. Like everyone I have followed his progress and by the sounds of it he had a great game on the weekend, so we are looking forward to playing not only him, but the entire Richmond football club next Thursday," Judd said.

While Judd is sure to have a Tiger tagger such as Daniel Jackson firmly at his side for most of the night, he said he and Cousins were sure to cross paths.

Two of the champions of the modern era are ready to square off against each other, even if only briefly.

"Particularly with the way teams are zoning now, a lot of the time you are not on any one player for any period of time, so there's every possibility we will play on each other for a time, and it will be exciting," Judd said.

"He is going really well. I had a quick chat to him maybe a week ago on the phone. I think I am doing something for his (Nova) radio segment next week. He is going really well," Judd said.

Judd said Carlton was wary of paying attention only to Cousins, and would instead ensure it gave appropriate respect to the whole side.

"The focus won't (just) be on him from our point of view. In the press there will be a lot of focus on him, but from our point of view we will be focusing on the entire footy side," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25213133-19742,00.html

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Regardless of our own opinions on Jackson, surely he will be tagging Judd all game wont he, that is unless he is getting a bath but I would be confident he will be in the starting 18 on Judd initially wont he?

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »
There are still questions marks over Fev, but it sounds like he will play, they'll probably just stick a needle or two into the foot before the game.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2009, 11:03:53 AM »
There are still questions marks over Fev, but it sounds like he will play, they'll probably just stick a needle or two into the foot before the game.

It has never been an issue. Fevola will be in their starting team.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »
There were a rumour on SEN this morning that Fev has a "hotspot" but it's probably crap as most SEN rumours are.

Regardless of our own opinions on Jackson, surely he will be tagging Judd all game wont he, that is unless he is getting a bath but I would be confident he will be in the starting 18 on Judd initially wont he?
Yeah you would think so Chucky as Jacko is meant to be our No.1 tagger now. Jacko still needs to get his hands on the ball as well and try to hurt Judd the other way. That 55m goal on the run Jacko kicked at the start of the last quarter last year got us on a roll to win the game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
There were a rumour on SEN this morning that Fev has a "hotspot" but it's probably crap as most SEN rumours are.

Yeah you would think so Chucky as Jacko is meant to be our No.1 tagger now. Jacko still needs to get his hands on the ball as well and try to hurt Judd the other way. That 55m goal on the run Jacko kicked at the start of the last quarter last year got us on a roll to win the game.

Jackson a much better long kick than the dinky crap he does sometimes, kick it long to the goal square son
he might even surprise himsellf.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »
The forecast says 24 degrees and fine for next Thursday.

Ox

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2009, 06:59:32 PM »

lmao

relax one-eyed.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2009, 10:37:42 PM »

lmao

relax one-eyed.

na leave him alone he is excited son as we all are.

we have had to put up with crap on TV for 6 months.

im posted in this hole of a city called Sydney for work till end of April but i have booked in 4 return trips for the first 4 rounds.

bring it on i say. beat the blues and im off to the swan to down a number of pints. smash them and i wont go back to my mrs all weekend,
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2009, 04:08:55 PM »

lmao

relax one-eyed.
LOL got another one for ya Ox  ;)

TV schedule...

Ch 10 and One HD in Melbourne from 8pm

In Perth One HD is showing game at 7pm WA time, Channel 10 is showing game at 8pm WA time.

Live on Channel 518 (Main Event) from 6:30pm in Qld, NSW and the ACT. One HD won't show the game in Brisbane and Sydney until 11:15pm.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2009, 05:43:22 PM »
Fev only did light duties at Carlton's training today. In rehab doing handball only and although he was freestanding he looked to be standing more on his toes with his injured right foot/heal. The Blues believe he'll definitely play Thursday night.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2009, 10:38:50 PM »
Fev only did light duties at Carlton's training today. In rehab doing handball only and although he was freestanding he looked to be standing more on his toes with his injured right foot/heal. The Blues believe he'll definitely play Thursday night.

;D 

Ducks and Drakes.  :cheers
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bruised heel won't keep Fevola out of big clash (Age)
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2009, 02:07:46 AM »
Bruised heel won't keep Fevola out of big clash
Martin Boulton | March 22, 2009

HE SPENT a few days last week on crutches, but Brendan Fevola will run onto the MCG with his Carlton teammates on Thursday night.

The Blues' spearhead did very little at training yesterday, having suffered a bruised heel in the club's final interclub practice match, although Kade Simpson said it would "take more than that" to keep Fevola out of the club's season-opener, against Richmond at the MCG.

"I don't think anything will keep 'Fev' out of round one," Simpson said. "Big crowd, he'll be there."

The build-up to the clash, featuring former West Coast premiership teammates Chris Judd and Ben Cousins, has been keenly followed by fans and players across the country, with Eagles captain Darren Glass telling the AFL website he would be "glued to the TV" on Thursday night.

Cousins suffered concussion in a NAB Cup quarter-final 25 days ago, but returned to play a full practice match against the Brisbane Lions on the Gold Coast eight days ago.

Simpson said yesterday that Judd had had a seamless pre-season after arriving at the club after season 2007 with a severe groin injury.

"There's a fair bit of hype around the game and Cousins v Judd, but I'm not sure if they'll play on each other," Simpson said. "It might happen once or twice, which would be good for the game."

The Blues' third round pick in last year's national draft, Mitch Robinson, is expected to make his debut after playing half a match with VFL affiliate the Northern Bullants on Friday.

Heath Scotland and Andrew Walker came through the same match after missing the NAB pre-season competition and could also play this week, according to Simpson.

"They both got through a bit over half the match, so they'll definitely be a chance to play," he said.

Football operations manager, Steven Icke, told The Sunday Age Shaun Grigg was expected to play despite training away from the main group yesterday.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/bruised-heel-wont-keep-fevola-out/2009/03/21/1237526398144.html