Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30759 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2009, 08:30:19 AM »
Lids had a shoulder injury in the 2nd quarter. Not bad enough to stop him playing out the game, but would have affected him.

your point is????

if your on the ground your fit, if your not then go on the bench.

How edwards gets a game over Polo i cannot believe.

Our youngsters are so poo it was like watching Coburg Tigers play Carlton.

Edwrads, Mcmahon, Jackson, Tambling, Raines, Mcguane.

Wow what a list TW has crated with such damagin playings like these ones
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #226 on: March 27, 2009, 08:50:18 AM »
Lids had a shoulder injury in the 2nd quarter. Not bad enough to stop him playing out the game, but would have affected him.

your point is????

I know you're a simpleton, but minor injuries are never that straight forward. If every player stayed on the bench for an injury they could keep playing on at 75%+ and wouldn't get worse, then you'd end up with 15 players on the ground at the end of every match. Fact is he wasn't 100%, that doesn't excuse any lack of effort, but it may go to explain some aspects of his game last night.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2009, 08:52:40 AM »

your point is????

How edwards gets a game over Polo i cannot believe.

Our youngsters are so poo it was like watching Coburg Tigers play Carlton.

Edwrads, Mcmahon, Jackson, Tambling, Raines, Mcguane.

Wow what a list TW has crated with such damagin playings like these ones

I can add to that, if you cant kick goals, get out of the forward line, if youcant/dont want to chase get off the ground, if you cant/dont want to tackle get off the ground! :banghead
Oh wait, we wont have a team :banghead
I would rather see 2 players playing their guts out than 18 passengers :banghead

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: March 27, 2009, 09:07:10 AM »
Not good at all, gutting actually.

Well the hype has been cut out of us, and we will see in the next couple of weeks how we respond.

I cant credit that game to the side that was out there, everything that could have went wrong did.  It was a strong side which did not perform, we had the yips in front of goal, we had shocking disposal, we could not mark (McGuane WTF), we were the turnover kings, our disposal was crap, we could not tackle..............

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #229 on: March 27, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: March 27, 2009, 11:59:05 AM »
Discusting, disgracefull, unreal and I feel embarised supporting this club. Why is Edwards a football player??? He should be a stuffing librarian. Brown getting the big bucks for doing stuff all. I said from the start this game needed to be won, I also said that the Blues had a better lead into the season ans had better skills. All I heard was pre season, pre season stuffing pre season, wake up people we wre poo.

For stuffs sake dont any of you even try to blame the coaches.... they don't turn the ball over like the stuffing useless players that we have do.

We have no chance of beating the Cats next week so please dont fool yourselves.

Cousins, poor bloke, now what Richmond, the hype, the player, what he brings to the club, it's all gone you let this poo consume you and look now!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
Edwards tackling the opposition would be like being tackled by my 9 year old son.  The guy needs to put on some weight!!!!

I'm sorry but I can't see how Tambling was one of our best.  Robert Walls was very critical of the number of his disposals and for once I had to agree with him (oh the shame!).  Jack Riewoldt also needs to step up.  Morton was the only forward who can hold up his head.

BTW on PRE someone said it looked like Richo was crying after the game.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2009, 12:50:34 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »
I'm sorry but I can't see how Tambling was one of our best.  Robert Walls was very critical of the number of his disposals and for once I had to agree with him (oh the shame!).  Jack Riewoldt also needs to step up.  Morton was the only forward who can hold up his head.

Julz this isn't being critical of you but Robert Walls is a typical commnetator who is "seduced" by stats. It was what Tambling did off the ball that was good, the stuff that isn't seen on the TV, Walls despite being at the game wouldn't notice that. Did Tambling turn it over? Yeah he did at least he was trying unlike some of his other team mates who appeared to be disinterested and thats being very kind

As for Richo when I got home it was said to me that after the game Ch10 focussed on him and he looked devastated on the verge of tears... who can blame him

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2009, 01:27:47 PM »
I was devestated during and after this game. I had a loud annoying Carlton supporter next to me that I had to physically restrain myself from throwing over the balcony on more than one occasion who actually cheered when Cousins injuried his hamstring! He pointed and sounded like he was going to wet himself with excitment when he witnessed the injury. This was after spending the first half of the game yelling out how crap our players are, the club was etc  I can't tell you how hard it was not to hurt this guy and I'm not usually a violent person.  >:(

Anyway, onto the game. Morton, Tambling, Raines, Cousins and Browne were the highlights for me.

Morton kicked 4 and was dangerous all night infront of goal.

Tambling was poised, clean and elusive. He was the only player on the ground wearing the yellow and black that I felt would always do something positive if he had the ball in his mitts.

Cousins reads the game so well and switches play beautifully. He set up a number of our goals this way and was excellent by foot. Why we didn't go through him more is beyond me. Foley seemed to ignore him even when he was the best option!?

Raines is a player I don't usually rate highly but he proved run and guts last night. Like Cousins, his injury will be a blow for the side.

Browne was good in the middle and followed up his tap work at ground level. He was good by foot and in congestion by hand. I was impressed with his first game.

Conversely, players I was embarrassed that they were wearing our gernsey last night were -

Simmonds - was woeful. Couldn't mark or kick and was slow around the ground.

Brown - At one stage last night, in the last quarter, I heard a Tigers supporter honestly ask his mate if Brown was playing. That really sums up his impact on the game. He was no where.

Lids - made one bad decision after another. Couldn't get the ball.

McMahon was terrible. Never lays a tackle and was fooled in his role as a rebounding backman. This guy only seems to perform if he is feed the ball.

Edwards was sh.ite! He is no backman and needs to be removed from the team immediately for Polo. He is still too slight and unexperienced.

Schulz has no confidence in himself. Unless this changes then he can not be our FF.

Our Backline! was shocking. We had no small backmen to stop their small forwards....like last year, and the year before etc.

And I save my biggest disappointment to someone I usually support  - Terry Wallace.
Our defence across the ground was disgraceful last night. Carlton moved through the zone with ease and they had free players all over the ground to kick to. This meant our backline was continually left one out and without aid. On the MCG the sheer volume of space made the zone useless and with our players we obviously can not pull it off. The scoreboard showed clearly the tactic did not work.

In addition, in the second half, I saw little changes made which also concerned me. Things were obviously not working out yet TW persistented with the same matchups and tactics.

I'm not writing off TW yet but unless he can change our defensive strategies quickly to something that better suits our list, then regardless of what I or anyone here thinks, we will have a new coach sooner rather than later.

Very disappointing night and I just hope the side and coaches learn from their mistakes and improve next week.

Stripes

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:45:12 PM by Stripes »

Tigermonk

« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
Robert Walls is a stupid man
Tambling played a good game last night & can hold his head high
Considering Carlton had control all night
Tambling attack on the ball injuring Waite is exactly what we need more of
Tambling is also bulking up nicely & is carrying his extra weight & size well
If he dont break completly loose this year l gaurentee he will be hard to stop next season
Took Cooney 4-5 years to get it together

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:27 PM »
Raines is a player I don't usually rate highly but he proved run and guts last night. Like Cousins, his injury will be a blow for the side.

Not too sure about this Stripes, I thought he put our other players under the hammer something shocking by holding onto the ball too long

Simmonds - was woeful. Couldn't mark or kick and was slow around the ground.

Brown - At one stage last night, in the last quarter, I heard a Tigers supporter honestly ask his mate if Brown was playing. That really sums up his impact on the game. He was no where.

Lids - made one bad decision after another. Couldn't get the ball.

McMahon was terrible. Never lays a tackle and was fooled in his role as a rebounding backman. This guy only seems to perform if he is feed the ball.

Edwards was sh.ite! He is no backman and needs to be removed from the team immediately for Polo. He is still too slight and unexperienced.

Schulz has no confidence in himself. Unless this changes then he can not be our FF.

Our Backline! was shocking. We had no small backmen to stop their small forwards....like last year, and the year before etc.

Agree with all this especially Brown and Simmonds, I was expecting a lot out of our senior players and got let down something fierce.  I cant fathom how so many of our older experienced stars had shockers.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2009, 03:21:48 PM »

Julz this isn't being critical of you but Robert Walls is a typical commnetator who is "seduced" by stats. It was what Tambling did off the ball that was good, the stuff that isn't seen on the TV, Walls despite being at the game wouldn't notice that. Did Tambling turn it over? Yeah he did at least he was trying unlike some of his other team mates who appeared to be disinterested and thats being very kind

As for Richo when I got home it was said to me that after the game Ch10 focussed on him and he looked devastated on the verge of tears... who can blame him

as i said we have destroyed this bloke in every sense of the word as we will destroy Cotchin and Cousins it seems.

IM SICK TO DEATH OF TAMBLING DOING WORK IN AND UNDER. WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU LOT??? WP INCLUDED

he is a top draft pick who is paid big bucks and in his 4th year 15 possy's and a 3 or 4 clangers is not acceptable.

He was not our worst but its players like him dragging us down.

To his credit he does try, sadly not hard enough. Does he even know how to hold a tackle??

Tambling amongst most of our youth are rubbish
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2009, 03:57:29 PM »
l thought he had improved last night & he gaining size & strength
dont be so harsh on him so early l'm sure he will repay us
He also has a young family which alot of footballers dont have & it may take him a little longer
l seen this kid play before he was drafted & his very talented
we just need another blackman to play along side him  ;D they seem to play well together in teams l noticed

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »

as i said we have destroyed this bloke in every sense of the word as we will destroy Cotchin and Cousins it seems.

IM SICK TO DEATH OF TAMBLING DOING WORK IN AND UNDER. WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL YOU LOT??? WP INCLUDED

he is a top draft pick who is paid big bucks and in his 4th year 15 possy's and a 3 or 4 clangers is not acceptable.

He was not our worst but its players like him dragging us down.

To his credit he does try, sadly not hard enough. Does he even know how to hold a tackle??

Tambling amongst most of our youth are rubbish
Blingers is an easy target (re: comparisons to Buddy) for supporters especially after disasters like last night while others who seem to be fan and media favourites and ARE on big $$$ escape scorn and criticism. I had this debate with one of our supporters on the train home. Lids, Browny, Foley, Simmo, ...... you could named 17 of them were utterly useless last night. No one is saying Richie starred but the tv didn't show him busting his backside all night and singlehandedly trying to do positive things for the team while his teammates sat back and spectated. Blingers at least hurt two Carlton players going hard for the ball. I didn't see some of our autograph boys do that. They couldn't have cared less based on their lack of running, contesting and defensive efforts last night.

Individually we don't have a 14 goal worse 22 on our list compared to Carlton. Our workrate and being able to function as a team was 14 goals worse.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd