Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30676 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2009, 09:24:30 PM »
I just watched the first half of last night again on One HD  :P. It looked just as bad although you don't see players ignoring wide open options.

I know it didn't have any affect on the result as we committed hurry curry all night but sheesh we got no help from the umps. Richo's tackle on Johnson 20m out called play on, Browny's mark not paid, Rainesy getting hit high on the boundary, Morton scragged by the jumper without the ball. When things go wrong they go wrong  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
I just watched the first half of last night again on One HD  :P. It looked just as bad although you don't see players ignoring wide open options.

You sadist  ;D

I know it didn't have any affect on the result as we committed hurry curry all night but sheesh we got no help from the umps. Richo's tackle on Johnson 20m out called play on, Browny's mark not paid, Rainesy getting hit high on the boundary, Morton scragged by the jumper without the ball. When things go wrong they go wrong  :-\.

Yep everything that could have went wrong did last night.  Oh well that games gone time to focus on next week now.

Ramps

« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »
I have a big question to ask-

DO THE PLAYERS WANT TERRY WALLACE TO BE THEIR COACH?

NO, they dont understand the game plan  ;)

If what you say is true Jacko and we end up at 0 and 3 ... then the board needs to end the tenure in the hours after the game vs the dogs.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »
Rubbish, 0 and 3 was always likely if we lost round 1

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2009, 09:53:40 PM »
I have a big question to ask-
DO THE PLAYERS WANT TERRY WALLACE TO BE THEIR COACH?

NO, they dont understand the game plan  ;)

If what you say is true Jacko and we end up at 0 and 3 ... then the board needs to end the tenure in the hours after the game vs the dogs.

From all that I have heard is that the players are fully behind TW, do you know something we don't or is it wishful thinking?

Hopefully all involved with the tiges on and off field can get its head out of the sky now and focus on playing footy and working hard.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2009, 09:57:26 PM »

Yep and 1 and 5 is likely after six rounds too.

Lets hope the RFC stays firm until at least halfway through the season.

Offline tiogar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2009, 07:20:55 AM »

No "likely". I would have thought virtually inevitable. Geelong will whip us and thre will be a pitiful support turn up to back a dispirited team at the Dome after that.

To be honest I'm already just looking forward to the Dreamtime when we might just be up to beating an equally poor Essendon.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
Okay, I have calmed down so here goes.....

What I saw on Thursday night was pretty much psychological.
The players basically went to pieces in a similar way to the Magpies, Roos, Crows and Swans games last year.

To me, the players looked laboured and under pressure - not from the opposition - but the weight of expectation.

This is more than likely the result of media and supporter expectation but largely because their coach is in the last year of his contract and there would be a huge amount of pressure to deliver him a new contract.

And they can't handle it - this team has showed us that it can't collectively handle pressure - physically or mentally - when the moment of truth arrives.

They have another month to make amends but it is obvious - to me judging the style of play, the skills or game plan from Thursday night is not that relevant.
Whether it is Wallace or anyone for that matter - you have a coach in charge of a team that is mentally shot and when change is made, they will most likely play with a freedom and energy associated with a new beginning.

Hope I'm wrong but that is my take.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:08 AM »

stay firm, why ?
We have put up with 4 and half years of spin for what?
You are a gluten for punishment

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2009, 08:50:09 AM »

Chuckie I agree that club should be strong but to be strong requires a healthy dose of facing reality.
If we are 1 and 5 with a poor percentage, then reality states we will not be renewing the contract.

It would be best to clear the air when the decision becomes obvious.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »

So the removable sticker I had printed with "Wallace sacked" wasn't a waste.  :P

It's worn out from having to continually peel it off multiple years of calendars and move it back after each predicted round passes by.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
Chuckie I agree that club should be strong but to be strong requires a healthy dose of facing reality.
If we are 1 and 5 with a poor percentage, then reality states we will not be renewing the contract.

It would be best to clear the air when the decision becomes obvious.

Until it is impossible to reach the finals Wallace should not be sacked, once we are sure we cant make the finals then fine; sack him, shoot him, burn him, truss him up and give him to jackstar as a plaything, whatever.

It is important the club rectifies its mistakes of the past and sacking another coach when the season goal he has been given is not yet decided is luduicrous.

1 and 5 with poor percentage with the draw we had and with the draw left there is still a fair even chance of making the finals.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
stay firm, why ?

The only punishment I am suffering is reading your posts, your personal vendetta against TW must be based in a lot of hatred.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
stay firm, why ?

The only punishment I am suffering is reading your posts, your personal vendetta against TW must be based in a lot of hatred.

Nah, not at all.
I cant help it if he has you ""conned""
he bascially cant coach.
You obviously dont understand what Terrys game plan is.
Its doesnt work, as was seen the other nite.
The only thing I care about is the RFC
By the way, when Wallet is gone, he will leave the same mess he left at the Western Bulldogs, its amazing how people forget or have selective memories.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2009, 05:00:15 PM »
stay firm, why ?

Nah, not at all.
I cant help it if he has you ""conned""
he bascially cant coach.
You obviously dont understand what Terrys game plan is.
Its doesnt work, as was seen the other nite.
The only thing I care about is the RFC
By the way, when Wallet is gone, he will leave the same mess he left at the Western Bulldogs, its amazing how people forget or have selective memories.

Some people jack just accept that the RFC will always be failures if we persist with this game plan and the same old coaches who coach for thier careers.

Some peoeple say its Culture i say its been the coaches we have had.

This guy has no idea how to coach nor does he have any idea how to recruit.
Thats why we are in the mess we are in.

How in gods name is Schulz and pettifer still on this list is beyond me.

If we are going to lose to the cats then i hope we get smacked because if that will bring on the 2nd nail for this idiot then so be it.

He is the cancer at the moment by lettting the likes of edwards, schulz, tambling and mcmahon run the show.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.