Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 33436 times)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2009, 11:45:29 AM »
I would still like to be beating North more regularly than we have in the past 25 years

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2009, 05:57:21 PM »
A Grand Final with North participating is not a blockbuster.
Cannot understand why we even call this Eureka game a blockbuster. Last years match drew a crowd of 39000 and they were in front all day yet there were no more than about 8000 of their fans there. So much for a club that claimed to have 30000 or so members last year. They have been are and will be a nothing club and the sooner we disassociate ourselves from this venture the better. I guarantee that this years round 5 game at the dome will draw about 45k and 35k will be tigers  will be shinboners and about 5k will be neutrals to see Cuz play if he will be playing.

Shinboner spirit my a*$%.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2009, 07:28:38 PM »
I actually couldn't give a rats if we promoted every single game as a blockbuster.  If it means more people attend then it means we earn more in gate revenue and have a higher currency to sponsors.  Bring it on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »
]

Making out it is a blockbuster (against North) might help us get 10-15k more people through the gate. 

Doesn't mean much when it's their home game

Unless we share the gate  ;D

But I agree with Ramps - a game against North aint no blockbuster
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »
Ok people time to make a call here, please do not come back with the old; don't get cocky or you never know or any other excuses. We will win this game and we will win by a great margin!!!!!!!!!! There is no excuse now, we are the strongest we have ever been ATM going into round one. Carlton on the other hand will go in very under maned.

If you come back with a post saying anything else than we will win then you are kidding yourself, time to stand up and Tigers and win these games. In the past we have lost to undermaned teams, there are no excuses now.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
Ok people time to make a call here, please do not come back with the old; don't get cocky or you never know or any other excuses. We will win this game and we will win by a great margin!!!!!!!!!! There is no excuse now, we are the strongest we have ever been ATM going into round one. Carlton on the other hand will go in very under maned.

If you come back with a post saying anything else than we will win then you are kidding yourself, time to stand up and Tigers and win these games. In the past we have lost to undermaned teams, there are no excuses now.
I was very nervous about this game untill I saw what happened at carlton yesterday.Tigers by 45 points.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
Geez I hate when we go in favourites.

I still have nightmares about the Centenary game when Judd was missing to get too cocky about any thought of a win.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2009, 05:24:29 PM »
Geez I hate when we go in favourites.
No need to worry.  ;D

Head To Head (Mar 26 2009 7:42PM)
No.    
Description    
   Status    Win    Select
1003    Carlton    Open    $1.80    
1012    Richmond    Open    $1.93    
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »
im so happy its almost like we just won a game when i see those stuff.kwit blues out there smashing each other in the face.

Is their a better site to see just before you play them R1, than what OHELP me did. Low act for sure but it couldn't have happened to a better club. Bunch of crooks those pricks are.

I think if anyone from the RFC was to see O Help me out on the street they should thank him dearly.

IMO i think we should win this game now.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2009, 05:19:48 PM »
You're right WAT it is time for a line to be drawn in the sand

The tiges are going to smash the blues to a pulp in Round 1 and kick the season off to a flyer

The tiges may not smash them and may lose the first game

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
You're right WAT it is time for a line to be drawn in the sand

The tiges are going to smash the blues to a pulp in Round 1 and kick the season off to a flyer

The tiges may not smash them and may lose the first game

Thats the attitude Chuck, there are NO excuses and I don't read the small print....... :whistle
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2009, 08:29:07 AM »
with what is in store after round 1 i would expect the same old season from the RFC if we fall to the Blues.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 02:03:12 PM »
Carlton ignoring the rules. What's new ;D.

Carlton coach Brett Ratten snubs pre-season rules
Mark Stevens | February 25, 2009

CARLTON has instructed its players to ignore NAB Cup trial rules and act as if they are in the cut and thrust of Round 1.

Blues coach Brett Ratten said yesterday he was prepared to accept the consequences of playing under home-and-away conditions in Sunday's quarter-final against Hawthorn.

"We'll just be practising what we'll do for Round 1," Ratten said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25102778-19742,00.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »
I'm on Ratten's side in this.  I wish all clubs had the same mentality and forced the AFL to stop the madness.  How the hell you are supposed to PRACTICE your game strategies effectively when the PRACTICE match you are playing in forces significant changes in order to be successful (win).  You could see that it significantly affected our game vs Freo when we continually got done (or told to play on) with short kicks to switch or control play from the backline.  Any wonder most teams haven't tried to hard to win a NAB Cup game - up until this year at least, you went back to normal rules in the Knockout rounds.   :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »
The Blues took the first round seriously with the different rules. I wonder if he would've said this if they weren't playing the Hawks.

I don't mind trialing new or changed rules in the preseason. It often shows how ridiculous most of these changes AA comes up are  :chuck.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd