Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 33683 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »
Ratten is complaining about Carlton having to travel to Bunbury, WA to play Freo prior to our round 1 game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/72982/default.aspx

Thats where we are moving too once we finish mining, very very soon, the house has just finished being built and we have just about finished furnishing it!!!  :thumbsup. Dont know what the limp going on about, best grounds in the West down there... :wallywink
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »
Got to love this Blues fan comment on Cousins  :wallywink.

[Comment From mark]
"do you think the blues will beat the tigers in round 1 and do you think judd will have the the better of cousins given that one gets the hard ball and one does not"

Here's Bruce Matthews view on round 1 btw:

"Carlton would have to start favourite, but not having Nick Stevens available because of the one-match suspension is a worry, given his rebound off half-back. Perhaps Gibbs can do that job. I think the Blues are further advanced than Richmond right now. I think it's safe to say that Judd will be more value than Cousins. He's flying after the first uninterrupted pre-season for a while"

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25165069-19762,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2009, 10:49:50 PM »
There's a deja vu about round 1 this year. Plenty of commentators taking preseason results seriously and pumping up Carlton before a ball has been bounced.

As for Cousins not winning the hard ball  :stupid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
The Club is reminding supporters via email to pre-book tickets for round 1...

ROUND 1 TICKETS 

The RFC encourages any patrons wishing to attend the Richmond v Carlton game to pre-book a reserved seat through Ticketek to guarantee admission and avoid disappointment.

Round one ticket information
richmondfc.com.au

Richmond's clash with Carlton in round one is shaping to be a blockbuster match, with a large crowd anticipated.

The Richmond Football Club encourages any patrons wishing to attend the game to pre-book a reserved seat through Ticketek to guarantee admission and avoid disappointment.

Below are the on-sale dates for Club member and general public reserved seat sales at Telstra Dome and the MCG.

MCG – Club member reserved seat upgrades
9am, Mon March 2
Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au, all Ticketek outlets or phone 132 849

MCG – General public reserved seating
9am, Tue March 10
Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au, all Ticketek outlets or phone 132 849

During the members on-sale period, members will only be able to purchase tickets for themselves if they hold a membership with entry entitlements to the game.

At the time of upgrading to a daily ticket, members will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets for non-members (as long as there is at least one member upgrade in the transaction).

Members without entry entitlements (including members who already hold a season reserved seat and non-access members) will be required to wait until the public on-sale to purchase tickets.

Please note - Members wishing to purchase a reserved seat upgrade will be required to quote the 12-digit membership barcode number printed on your membership card.

Season reserved seating is available through the Club by calling 1300 136 605.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »
Those arrogant sobs at the site "Talking Carlton" believe they are going to flog us by over 40 with Fev kicking 7 goals.Their confidence is absolutley sickening.

Worth a look if you need another reason to hate them.
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
Those arrogant sobs at the site "Talking Carlton" believe they are going to flog us by over 40 with Fev kicking 7 goals.Their confidence is absolutley sickening.

A little off-topic, but over at Saintsational, many ladder predictions have them finishing 2nd or 3rd  :sleep
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Is that 2nd or 3rd last wayne lol.

So Tucky doesn't exist and someone should remind them we had no Cotch, Cogs or Cuz in round 1 last year when we knocked them off  :wallywink. T

The way they are carrying on about how good they are after losing to Geelong is quite funny. Sure they had Fev, Judd, Murphy and Gibbs missing but Geelong were without Bartel, Selwood, Enright, Scarlett, Harley and Mooney plus Hawkins was off injured early on and they had a half-fit Steve Johnson playing his first game for the year. Geelong just did what they had to do to win while the Blues were going flat chat  :sleep.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2009, 08:30:44 PM »
Is that 2nd or 3rd last wayne lol.

So Tucky doesn't exist and someone should remind them we had no Cotch, Cogs or Cuz in round 1 last year when we knocked them off  :wallywink. T

The way they are carrying on about how good they are after losing to Geelong is quite funny. Sure they had Fev, Judd, Murphy and Gibbs missing but Geelong were without Bartel, Selwood, Enright, Scarlett, Harley and Mooney plus Hawkins was off injured early on and they had a half-fit Steve Johnson playing his first game for the year. Geelong just did what they had to do to win while the Blues were going flat chat  :sleep.

I was going to say I dont think they have heard of Tuck MT...To them we have only 3 midfielders in our whole team-Lids,Axel and Tambling.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:53:36 AM by one-eyed »
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2009, 08:59:27 PM »
It's talk like that which makes it all the more galling when we lose to these ignorant lying cheating tanking Mongrels. Plus Carlton always seem to be there stealing our limelight and running off with it, thus leaving us in their wake.

This round 1 fixture will be more heartbreaking for us as a club if we go down and will set a trend for the rest year. In so many words me gets the feeling if the Blues win we may not recover and have a poor season yet if we win we will have a good season and probably make the 8 barring injuries to key personnel and suspensions whereas for the Blues a round 1 loss to us won't be doom and gloom.

Either way we need to put the boot into them otherwise we may be singing after a win come round 4 and by that stage of the year we'll need to be travelling at 66% win loss for the remaining 18 rounds to finish 13-9 and be certain of finals.

Although we had an excellent finish results wise to last season you need to put everything into persepective that when the heat was on against Adelaide we failed abysmally and we surrendered meekly to Carlton in the last quarter also. The loss to Geelong was a given and was always on the cards.

Furthermore wins in the second half of the year can be deceiving as teams are tanking/jostling and manipulating their positions to attain the best draft picks and others may be resting players for finals or for next season.

Although we won 8 games in the second half the ones that actually meant the most were Port Essendon Brisbane as they were against teams around us on the ladder and they were mini elimination finals, but the final margins were 4 4 and 3 points. It easily could have been a 5-6 second half and a finish of 8 13 and 1. Even the game against Hawthorn I can't help but feel was slightly tainted due to the Hawks eyeing off finals and playing with other things on their mind. Although we were weakened with Axel missing that day I still feel we are a long way off. We match up well with the Hawks but we really struggle against the Cats.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »
Tuckerbag,sure we had some close wins last year but there were some close losses as well.I think 11 wins was a fair return for our season.
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »
Not at all mat I think 11.5 wins was sensational considering that 3.5 was the total for 2007. The point I am trying to make is that in the 2nd half of the season depending on the draw you can come across some teams who have put the cue in the rack and that can exentuate your win loss ratio.

Nevertheless the finish to our season and events in the draft has provided us with a boost in terms of profile confidence members and cash. All good. However there are still deficiencies we need to address in the side and that is the point I am also trying to project. 4 wins under 10 pts 1 loss under 10 pts and a draw was the final statistic. Our 11-10-1  could easily have been an 8-13-1. Such is the closeness of the comp.

Just as a stat in 1994 when me made a huge stride and we finished 12-10 we were 5-2 in games that finished with margins of 18 pts or less and in 1995 when we reached the prelim we were 15-6-1 after HA season
which included 7 wins under 18 points including the Bombers in the 2nd semi 2 losses and a draw.

In 1996 we finished 11-11 in 9th  with a record of 1 win 6 losses in the close ones under 18 points.

In 2001 we finished 15-7 including a 4-0 record in the close ones
in 2002 our record was 7-15 including 3-5 win loss record in close games.

We sometimes with the psyche we may have due to the lack of success we have experienced may have overestimated the abilities of our side. We all may be guilty of it due to the fact we desperately want to achieve success and we are thinking positive thinking the glass is half full due to our youth and our finish last year as opposed to it being half empty.

I am trying to possibly draw parrallell lines with 94-96 and 2001-02 in terms of periods in our history of moderate success where our follow up years after we took a large stride we made critical errors both on and off field and we fell back. That is the fear I have. It's only a natural emotion I have after the lack of success we have had to endure since 1982.

According to the above stats I have presented we are possibly at the evolution of where we were at in 1995 now. A breakout year into the 8. Again if the stats are anything to go by we will do okay against the teams around us eg the Lions Bombers Port Blues Freo. In order to make the leap into the 8 we need to beat the Adelaide's, North's and Sydney's of this world just like we beat the Hawks Eagles and Essendon's in 1995 and entrentched ourselves. The key is the follow up season how the club, administrators coaches and players react to it that will make or break us. :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2009, 02:00:16 AM »
The word at the MCG this week was that 80,000 are expected for the Richmond-Carlton, Cousins-Judd opener.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25178885-14823,00.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »
The word at the MCG this week was that 80,000 are expected for the Richmond-Carlton, Cousins-Judd opener.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25178885-14823,00.html

I'm one of them!  Flying down on Tiger Airways too!!!   :gotigers

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »
The wife and I are flying over from Perth for Round 1....Never been to a Tiger home game before let alone a game at the "G".

Words cant describe how EXCITED I am.!!!!!!!!!

Unleash the tornado

Ramps

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »
beating carlton will come down to can we stop there midfield, we will incur losses on whoever plays on Judd but the other carlton mids can be stopped and we have some players who can do jobs. Thomson on Gibbs just 1 example.