Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 33458 times)

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:23 PM »
I'm on Ratten's side in this.  I wish all clubs had the same mentality and forced the AFL to stop the madness.  How the hell you are supposed to PRACTICE your game strategies effectively when the PRACTICE match you are playing in forces significant changes in order to be successful (win).  You could see that it significantly affected our game vs Freo when we continually got done (or told to play on) with short kicks to switch or control play from the backline.  Any wonder most teams haven't tried to hard to win a NAB Cup game - up until this year at least, you went back to normal rules in the Knockout rounds.   :banghead

agree totally.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 10:50:23 PM »
who gives a toss about what Ratten said. His a stuffhead.

Our main concern should be Carlton Round 1 and nothing else.

This circus thats going on at the moment is playing right into the Blues hands like it did with us last year.

I expect a loss Round 1
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2009, 08:59:35 AM »
who gives a toss about what Ratten said. His a effhead.

Our main concern should be Carlton Round 1 and nothing else.

Didn't read the post did you?  That's exactly what Ratten was saying.

This circus thats going on at the moment is playing right into the Blues hands like it did with us last year.

I expect a loss Round 1

You expect a loss in every round.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »
who gives a toss about what Ratten said. His a effhead.
Takes one to know one

richmondrules

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:54 AM »
I'm not quite sure what he means. If the player kicks 15 mtrs and is told to play on ... what? Is he going to stop and pretend he's been paid the mark? So the player kicks backwards and is not paid the mark is he going to do the same?

Yeah good luck with that.

The only rule I can think of is the rushed behind rule. Big deal, if the game is close they're going to just rush the ball through for the final few minutes. Yep I can see that working.

What are the other rule changes. As far as I can make out they're just going to be practising losing the game, being tackled and giving away fee kicks.

If you're playing the game you've got to play the rules no matter how silly or inappropriate they may seem.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
I'm not quite sure what he means. If the player kicks 15 mtrs and is told to play on ... what? Is he going to stop and pretend he's been paid the mark? So the player kicks backwards and is not paid the mark is he going to do the same?

That would be great to see, I would enjoy seeing a blue or two getting absolutely creamed after claiming a non NAB cup mark.  Hopefully so bad they wont make R1.

As RROFO said just cant see them doing what Ratten said.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

The only rule I can think of is the rushed behind rule. Big deal, if the game is close they're going to just rush the ball through for the final few minutes. Yep I can see that working.

What are the other rule changes. As far as I can make out they're just going to be practising losing the game, being tackled and giving away fee kicks.

If you're playing the game you've got to play the rules no matter how silly or inappropriate they may seem.

and will Rattan tell the umps don't worry about the three extra points for any goal we kicked outside the 50m???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
Round 1 tickets are now on sale at Ticketek

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=RICHM0109

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »

do you know if thats for afl memebers also.

I have about 15 tickets to buy, both club and afl and was told friday is the day.

Can someone confirm?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

I have about 15 tickets to buy, both club and afl and was told friday is the day.

Can someone confirm?
Not sure daniel but the ticketek site has "AFL Reserve (allocation exhausted)" and then when you select it it says "On Sale Soon: Fri 06 Mar 2009 9:00AM  (AEDT)".

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2009, 02:41:20 PM »

Can someone confirm?
Not sure daniel but the ticketek site has "AFL Reserve (allocation exhausted)" and then when you select it it says "On Sale Soon: Fri 06 Mar 2009 9:00AM  (AEDT)".

thanks for that

just called the afl and yes out on sale for AFL members today for club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Round one ticket information (RFC)
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »
Round one ticket information
richmondfc.com.au
3:25 PM Mon 02 March, 2009

Richmond's clash with Carlton in round one is shaping to be a blockbuster match, with a large crowd anticipated.

The Richmond Football Club encourages any patrons wishing to attend the game to pre-book a reserved seat through Ticketek to guarantee admission and avoid disappointment.

Below are the on-sale dates for Club member and general public reserved seat sales at Telstra Dome and the MCG.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Venue                             On-sale Date                              Ticket agent

MCG – Club member             9am, Mon                   Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au,
reserved seat upgrades            March 2                   all Ticketek outlets or phone 132 849

MCG – General public            9am, Tue                  Ticketek – www.ticketek.com.au,
reserved seating                  March 10                  all Ticketek outlets or phone 132 849
-----------------------------------------------------------------

During the members on-sale period, members will only be able to purchase tickets for themselves if they hold a membership with entry entitlements to the game.

At the time of upgrading to a daily ticket, members will have the opportunity to purchase additional tickets for non-members (as long as there is at least one member upgrade in the transaction).

Members without entry entitlements (including members who already hold a season reserved seat and non-access members) will be required to wait until the public on-sale to purchase tickets.

Please note - Members wishing to purchase a reserved seat upgrade will be required to quote the 12-digit membership barcode number printed on your membership card.

Season reserved seating is available through the Club by calling 1300 136 605.

http://richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/72743/default.aspx

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
I am looking to sit behind the goals on level 1 as normal in the GA but until it's declared a fully ticketed those seats wouldn't be for sale, would they?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2009, 05:25:54 AM »
Ratten is complaining about Carlton having to travel to Bunbury, WA to play Freo prior to our round 1 game.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/72982/default.aspx

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2009, 09:59:56 AM »
Then they get a week off before the season proper starts...  ::)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do