Author Topic: Who gets the job on Judd?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Who gets the job on Judd?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

Does Tuck need to be accountable if he is beating him to the ball and winning it???

Yes he does.  Judd will cut anyone to ribbons who plays wide of him and Tuck is nowhere near accountable enough to blanket him, let alone win his own ball at the same time.  He is the wrong option.

So as a back up to Jackson who then????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »
Jackson or King

I would rather have King on Betts if King even plays which I doubt. Raines on Betts doesnt really do it for me, Raines is not defensive enough and the ball could go straight back over his head to Betts if he turns it over. But surely we have another backup for Jackson.

King is quick enough and nasty enough to be a very good negating player, especially on someone with the speed of Judd. I think Jackson will get the job but King would be a better back up option unless we use one of our attacking players to nullify him which is a bit counter intuitive. I don't think Betts is damaging enough to worry about a designated player for him. Raines or Newman will be fine for him.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 11:05:41 PM »

So as a back up to Jackson who then????

Don't think we have one - that's why I said this:

"With Johnson out, Jackson is our next best option and I'm not sure if we have an adequate 3rd option."

If I was forced to pick a 3rd option it would probably be either of Polo or White but I don't think Polo will play and I don't think White has the concentration to be a tagger, although he could run with Judd all night.  Raines, McMahon, Tambling and Newman are not taggers and would all get toweled up; Edwards is nowhere near strong enough or tight enough; Foley, Deledio, Tuck, Thomson, Brown and Cousins are offensive players. Uuummm - best we pray Jackson does a good job.   :pray  If I was picking the side Plan C would be Polo, if Wallace picks the side Plan C would be White.

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:35 PM »
We shouldnt forget Gibbs, we have to stop Gibbs as well.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 12:58:23 AM »
What we should be doing is winning the footy ourselves, because then they can be chasing our arses instead of us chasing their's. Who's going to tag deledio, foley, cousins, stuff carlton, who's going to stop us.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 02:04:19 AM »
King
Is Juddy playing reserves this week?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
King
Is Juddy playing reserves this week?

I hope you King haters are sorely disappointed this year. He was playing under an injury cloud for most of last year, which obviously would have affected his form, even then it wasn't that bad, just have a look at his Round 1 efforts. I suspect the only thing that will keep him out of the side early is the fact that he had significant surgury on his ankle in the off-season and he may not have 100% confidence in it yet. He is a good player and his agro is something we have been sorely needing in the side for a long time.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »
Don't hate him at all.
He does his best but IMO he's not in our best 22 and he's certainly not good enough to tag Chris Judd.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »
Sadly for Kingy opposition clubs have worked him out if he plays in the backline. They put a taller small/mid-sized forward on him and then drag him back to the last line of defence.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd