Author Topic: Wallace aftergame interview  (Read 936 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace aftergame interview
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:58:14 PM »
Wallace on Ch 10 after the game

* Ebbed and flowed all game. When the other side got the momentum it's hard to get it back but I thought the boys did it well.

* Thanked Harvey for his midweek comments and the Freo crowd coming out tonight.

* He said to Morton after the game "thank you" lol. Mitch's been a great acquisition to the club and the way he's performed over the past two weeks is a credit to himself.

* Jacko has lifted all his levels to a higher level not just the hard running which he is the best at at our club. Players who work hard get just reward and he's done that.

* Right now feeling quite good about things (laughed). People had me on my deathbed but I ran 10km today and I'm fine. Back to work absolutely on Monday.

(During the singing of the song Wallace and March had their arms around each other in the background)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace aftergame interview
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
Yay, all is good

Until next week anyway....

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 01:40:40 AM »
Meaningless result.

yay yay we beat freo yay

who gives a flying stuff. we beat them last year and what did we finish again. Ooh thats right, 9th.

we play buldogs come back and talk to me if we beat them. Ooh thats right all is good the week after when we beat Eagles.

stuffin waste of a season these pathetic wins and to think it was all for Terry that has stuffed our club up for 5 years.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:10:44 AM »
Meaningless result.

yay yay we beat freo yay

who gives a flying eff. we beat them last year and what did we finish again. Ooh thats right, 9th.

we play buldogs come back and talk to me if we beat them. Ooh thats right all is good the week after when we beat Eagles.

effin waste of a season these pathetic wins and to think it was all for Terry that has stuffed our club up for 5 years.

somebody hasn't had sex, for.............EVER!

edit: let's keep comments above the belt eh!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:42:33 AM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace credits courage in win (RFC)
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 06:25:38 AM »
Wallace credits courage in win
richmondfc.com.au
By Matt Brown 12:55 AM Sun 31 May, 2009

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace said the courage of his players was crucial in helping them crawl over the line against Fremantle at Subiaco Oval on Saturday night.

After kicking eight goals without reply in the third quarter, the Tigers held a 33-point advantage but Fremantle stormed back to grab the lead late in the final term.

It took a Mitch Morton goal to get the Tigers back in front and they dug in for a desperate three minutes to close the game.

The win – which came in Wallace's 500th AFL game as a player and coach – provided some relief for him after the relentless pressure of the past month.

But he was back on the defensive after it emerged recruit Ben Cousins had made a hand gesture to television cameras in the rooms before the game.

Wallace brushed off the issue saying he had not seen the incident and was happy just to provide a rare moment of joy for Richmond fans.

"The game ebbed and flowed all night," he said.

"They (Fremantle) took the initiative early in the game [but] throughout the second quarter we certainly worked our way back in.

"I said to our guys at half time that I thought we should have been at least equal if not in front.

"Then we got our contested footy going in the third quarter and I thought that was the one determining factor that impacted the game."

Wallace acknowledged Fremantle's efforts in the contests and its ability to find three goals late in the third term to cut the margin to 15 points at the final change.

"Then when it gets down to the final stages it’s just courageous acts and, like the opposition did, we just had some guys who really put their bodies on the line and did some fantastic things for the club to get a win," Wallace said.

He added that his side deserved the win and that everyone involved with the club should share the celebrations.

"If you come to work every single day and you’re working your guts out and you’re getting kicked all the time, it’s pretty tough," he said.

"I think the emotion you saw in the room was just them enjoying what they do and we haven’t had a lot of enjoyment in that area so far this year.

"The only thing I was really looking for today was to put a few smiles back on some people’s faces around Punt Road, most particularly the playing group and the management, the staff and the board – the people who are at the work face.

"But also our supporter base and other people who have really done it tough around the place. That’s what it was more about. It was just more about having some relief for some people who have worked very, very hard."

Wallace said the speculation surrounding his future had been tough but he hoped to be coaching next week against his former club, the Western Bulldogs.

He revealed at a press conference in Perth on Friday afternoon that he would not be coaching in 2010.

"It’s a hard game and it’s a hard competition," he said.

"I enjoy every game I’m involved in. You can be assured of that. This is a fantastic game.

"It might have been my 500th but it was just as much fun as my first."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/77900/default.aspx

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
Meaningless result.

yay yay we beat freo yay

who gives a flying eff. we beat them last year and what did we finish again. Ooh thats right, 9th.

effin waste of a season these pathetic wins and to think it was all for Terry that has stuffed our club up for 5 years.

C'mon Daniel cant u be happy with a win, even for just a short while.

There is no way we will beat the Bulldogs and we can all go back to being gloomy so and so's after next week.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 03:14:14 PM »
Meaningless result.

yay yay we beat freo yay

exciting game, it was good to win , not great. Considering Freo had 18 players in the last quarter

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
Meaningless result.

yay yay we beat freo yay

now you listen here and you listen good, take that game face partner off an indulge, we've had enough bloody misery without our own "supporters" twisting the knife...lets celebrate like it's the end of the war :clapping :santa :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:45:53 PM »
33 points up. should of won by that margin or more. we didn't, nearly lost it. but we won. so that is that. we won and really, i would prefer a win then another 3 point loss.

i hope they at least come out and try to beat Western. what have we got to loose?