Author Topic: What do you want out of 2009?  (Read 4506 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
What do you want out of 2009?
« on: June 01, 2009, 02:40:04 PM »
Who is your preferred Caretaker Coach?

Do you want to Tank or Win?

Would you play the best 22 or drop Brown, Simmonds, Bowden and play kids?

Would you play Kane Johnson if he was fit?

Whats your caretaker 22?

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:59:09 AM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

Ramps

Re: Whatd do you want out of 2009?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 02:44:32 PM »
Caretaker Coach: Doesnt Matter
Tank or No Tank: Tank
Best 22 or other: Other- lets play all the kids and find out if there any good.
Johnson: No- just a goodbye game in R22
Caretaker 22: Just put in kids like Vickery, Post, Rance and take out the oldies except for Cousins and Richo.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »
Caretaker Coach: Doesnt Matter - YepTank or No Tank: Tank - Yep, but I like winning so much - Heart will allways rule.Best 22 or other: Other- lets play all the kids and find out if there any good - Yep
Johnson: No- just a goodbye game in R22 - Doesn't deserve one and goes against what is above.Caretaker 22: Just put in kids like Vickery, Post, Rance and take out the oldies except for Cousins and Richo. - Chuck in Gourdis too - Know he is not ready but chuck him to the wolves for an early initiation.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »
Do I have to be realistic Pope ?

My heart says lets take inspiration from the Aussie cricket team and win 16 straight.

My head suggests Tank hard and Tank strong.

It pains me that we are in this situation.......I am about as logical as a pregnant woman at the moment.

I know come Friday I will be cheering the boys on- hoping for a win.I cant help myself.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »
Caretaker Coach? Wayne Campbell/Kevin Sheedy/Leigh Matthews

Do you want to Tank or Win? think I'd like to win as many games possible to finished 3rd last, West Coast and Melbourne are tanking and i'd be happy to finish 14th with say 5 wins for the year, and have pick 5, and priority at pick 21 and then pick 22.

Would you play the best 22 or Play kids?
Play kids, Give Bowden a retirement game to himself he deserves it, maybe Round 14/15. Simmonds dropped. Cousins to play on next year, Brown make the call and try and retire him just not good enough to be number 1 or 2 forward anymore. Richo send to Germany to

Retire and have him in a car next home game at the G

Whats your caretaker 22?
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 03:26:57 PM »
Do I have to be realistic Pope ?

My heart says lets take inspiration from the Aussie cricket team and win 16 straight.

My head suggests Tank hard and Tank strong.

It pains me that we are in this situation.......I am about as logical as a pregnant woman at the moment.

I know come Friday I will be cheering the boys on- hoping for a win.I cant help myself.

I'm not really for the whole tanking thing and lets get Pick 5 instead of Pick 8 by losing some games. History doesn't suggest the lower the draft pick the better the player. The last 2 NAB stars have been Pick 8 and Daniel Rich will most likley be the 3rd straight Pick 8 NAB rising star in a row.

For mine its all about blooding the players that will be playing AFL football in 3-6 years time and trying to win football games. No use putting in Brown, Simmonds, Bowden, Johnson as in 2011 they will NOT be playing. With or without them I can't see us beating a Geelong or St .Kilda in 2010 GF so I'm all for putting as many games into the Gouridis', Vickory's, Collins, Browne, Cotchin etc as we can so when we are ready in 2011 or even 2010 at least the7y have a minium of 40+ games under there belt instead of topping up our lists with untried.
Go Tigers!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »

Whats your caretaker 22?

1. Don't have a preference. The inner sanctum have access to far more info than us on the three or more candidates.
2. Win
3. Kids. Tell the kids to try and win.
4. No.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »

Whats your caretaker 22?

1. Don't have a preference. The inner sanctum have access to far more info than us on the three or more candidates.
2. Win
3. Kids. Tell the kids to try and win.
4. No.

Agree with this 100%. Play the players that have 5+ years left in them and try and win games, try new set plays, play players where they want to play and see if it suits them. Try some really out there stratergies, Tarrant as a backman who would havethought? Maybe Thursfield could become a forward? Put him up there for a game can't hurt? Try Raines in the forward line? He can kick straight just can't kick to depth?

Try some things and try and make them work, we'll uneearth 1 or 2 new thinsg that coudl help us next year. Wont find them out trying to gain pick 3 instead of pick 6.
Go Tigers!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »
You know I have allways said go for the win.
I have sort of undestood the Tank option of late.

But thinking about it, you know what? stuff it! what for pick 5 and 18 instead of 9 and 23 who cares just need to get it right.

Win at all costs, while giving some of the kids a run at the same time.

Melbourne have the bonus picks sewn up and other teams have shown time and again you don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to start again.

WIN TIGERS  :gotigers

I am miserable when we lose anyway

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »
what part of football dont you understand Popelord, if you say your involved with footy at TAC level you would know better but l think your just a fencer
you cannot take experienced players out of a league footy side & throw a bunch of kids in to replace them as you need experience to teach them & protect them.
anybody with a footy brain knows that in any team from junior to senior level you need the older players to blood the youngsters into thier roles & carry the main workload
this gives the younger players the knowledge to what it takes to become a stronger & wiser footballer at top level

l think if you coached you would have a team of David Bourkes  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »
Who is your preferred Caretaker Coach?  Rawlings

Do you want to Tank or Win?  Win

Would you play the best 22 or drop Brown, Simmonds, Bowden and play kids?  Best 22 (that means in form, not potential or has-been)

Would you play Kane Johnson if he was fit?  See above

Whats your caretaker 22?  Again, see above

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 04:17:08 PM »
what part of football dont you understand Popelord, if you say your involved with footy at TAC level you would know better but l think your just a fencer
you cannot take experienced players out of a league footy side & throw a bunch of kids in to replace them as you need experience to teach them & protect them.
anybody with a footy brain knows that in any team from junior to senior level you need the older players to blood the youngsters into thier roles & carry the main workload
this gives the younger players the knowledge to what it takes to become a stronger & wiser footballer at top level

It's this exact mentality that ruins lists. This sort of mentality has recruited Steven Sziller to improved experience, recruiting Hudson to improve our forward line, recruit Kent Kingsley for some experience in the froward line.

Experience means nothing if they are not up to the standard.

I'd happily put my house on our Vic metro side running rings around a team of All Australians of 30+ players. It's a young mans game now.

Do you think Daniel Jackson has improved on the basis of playing with Troy Simmonds or playing on the best midfielder in the opposition for about 2 years straight?

I coudl go on for pages arguing that blooding some keen players will work then rather play half of the young list with a few oldies running around.

I'm all for players like Cousins who regardless of his age or experience can influence his team mates becuase he still has the ability to play at the elite level consistantly. Richo I'm of the same mind.

Graham wont learn much having Simmonds rucking for half the game. Get Graham in the side to ruck 80% with Patto a back up from the forward line.

Mitch Morton learn a fantastic lesson, backing your instinct at the right time etc. If we had Schultz in the side instead he woudln't have learnt it.

What will Thursfield learn by playing half the year in the VFL instead of Bowden? Nothing.
What will Gourdis learn in the VFL instead of Brown? Nothing.

Players learn more getting there hands on the ball and playing at the elite level against the best and experience the highs and lows of AFL.

They learn poo from having some experienced names on the team sheet for the sake of it who can't keep up with the team and opposition anymore.

Time to to let go Tigermonk.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 04:20:19 PM »
"I'd happily put my house on our Vic metro side running rings around a team of All Australians of 30+ players. It's a young mans game now."

To refine this comment I'd happily put my house on our Vic Metro side against a side of retired All Australians. Sounds better as I still believer regardless of age players can still contribute at the highest level regardless of age.
Go Tigers!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

It's this exact mentality that ruins lists. This sort of mentality has recruited Steven Sziller to improved experience, recruiting Hudson to improve our forward line, recruit Kent Kingsley for some experience in the froward line.

I'd happily put my house on our Vic metro side running rings around a team of All Australians of 30+ players. It's a young mans game now.

Do you think Daniel Jackson has improved on the basis of playing with Troy Simmonds or playing on the best midfielder in the opposition for about 2 years straight?

I coudl go on for pages arguing that blooding some keen players will work then rather play half of the young list with a few oldies running around.

I'm all for players like Cousins who regardless of his age or experience can influence his team mates becuase he still has the ability to play at the elite level consistantly. Richo I'm of the same mind.

Graham wont learn much having Simmonds rucking for half the game. Get Graham in the side to ruck 80% with Patto a back up from the forward line.

Mitch Morton learn a fantastic lesson, backing your instinct at the right time etc. If we had Schultz in the side instead he woudln't have learnt it.

What will Thursfield learn by playing half the year in the VFL instead of Bowden? Nothing.

Players learn more getting there hands on the ball and playing at the elite level against the best and experience the highs and lows of AFL.

They learn poo from having some experienced names on the team sheet for the sake of it who can't keep up with the team and opposition anymore.

Great post.

Tigermonk

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »

so your telling me Bowden sprinting down the wing 70 metres in the last quarter getting the ball to Cotchin to Morton for a goal that experience didnot win the game, that he cant keep u with the game. Cousins has so much time & poise he be still playing for another 3 years, Brown still has 2 years left & still getting over his groin which Richmond have always damaged players in the past its natrual to them. Simmonds & Johnson are retired season end anyway.  Bowden will playon unless his shafted like several other past tiger players on his way to 300 games & may even go to another club to acheive it.
Gaspers been gone awhile now & Thursfield couldnot hit up a lollie pop lately  ;D his gone backwards, Polo gone backwards, Jackson l dont even rate highly, Newman gutless tanking as are several others, White backwards, Moore injured & backwards, Edwards under developed,
where was Newman while Joel was busting his gut, Newman was walking trying to lose the game, he was not even excited while Cousins was nearly raping Wallace cause he knows whats really going down. l can go on but our list is so far behind other clubs its not funny

& saying you bet your house on Vic metro would beat a over 30 All Australian side is so far over the top your house should be donated to the indigenous society