Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 47985 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2009, 02:05:14 AM »
I would be putting up Edwards, Polo, King, Simmonds (may happen), Patto, Hislop, Thompson, MacMahon (may go), Schulz (gone) and White up on the trade table for the next two days and see what we are offered in the way of players or picks..

Now if these players are worth nothing or untradable as I can hear some of you saying then why the hell don't we just get rid of them, pay the contracted ones out, play every youngster we can but get rid of the players that no one wants and we dont need.

I am sick of hearing that we dont have the players to trade, well hello, they must be crap so why keep them in our team!!

Put simply WAT, we need to put 2 teams on the park each week! If we get rid of all the players who are not up to it then we will have half a team! Also, we replace them with players who are young and not yet up to, recycled players whose former club dont believe is up to it, and young unknown quantities who may never be up to it either!

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2009, 02:07:59 AM »
I would be putting up Edwards, Polo, King, Simmonds (may happen), Patto, Hislop, Thompson, MacMahon (may go), Schulz (gone) and White up on the trade table for the next two days and see what we are offered in the way of players or picks..

Now if these players are worth nothing or untradable as I can hear some of you saying then why the hell don't we just get rid of them, pay the contracted ones out, play every youngster we can but get rid of the players that no one wants and we dont need.

I am sick of hearing that we dont have the players to trade, well hello, they must be crap so why keep them in our team!!

fully agree why dont we just put them out there no harm in it. at least we're giving it a crack.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
TRADE WEEK - DAY THREE (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2009, 03:52:18 AM »
I couldn't find this on the net so I scanned it in....

TRADE WEEK - DAY THREE
By Compiled by Jon Ralph, Mark Robinson and Jay Clark
Thurs 08 Oct 2009, Page 93

ADELAIDE
Still nothing.

BRISBANE LIONS
Wow-ee! Massive move for Brendan Fevola, offering Daniel Bradshaw and Michael Rischitelli. Can Jonathan Brown and Fevola both play out of the square? Browny certainly won't be moving over for him. If they secure him today, as expected, they might set a trade-week record of player turnover. Maybe Xavier. Clarke still to come.

CARLTON
The deal to jettison Fev shows just how offended it was by his continuing antics, especially the Brownlow bloopers. Query on Bradshaw's body, but Rischitelli is young and talented. Seem less likely to get Andrejs Everitt. Still want Melbourne's Daniel Bell.

COLLINGWOOD
Finally snared Darren Jolly for picks 14 and 46. Wants Luke Ball, too, and it might take a three-club deal involving Nathan Brown to get him. Saints want more than pick 30.

ESSENDON
Will almost certainly keep picks 10 and 16. Chased Rischitelli for the past two contracts. When they finally could have him, they passed on him. Still sniffing around for Mark Williams. The Hawks will want pick 16, but tell 'em they're dreaming

FREMANTLE
Brett Peake to St Kilda for pick 48 (third round). Marcus Drum still a chance for Cats.

GEELONG
With Darren Jolly going to Collingwood, Sydney is now likely to offer Shane Mumford the contract of the century. Drum might get signed on Friday, while David Wojcinski is still some chance to stay on a reduced contract.

HAWTHORN
Where do we start? The pariahs of trade week are still waiting on Shaun Burgoyne. Port is filthy and says it has been done over, and the Hawks fans can't believe Cam Brown was on the table. Hawks say he wasn't. Port says that's rubbish. Still, Burgoyne is favoured to end up a Hawk if they can kiss and make up.

MELBOURNE
Mark Jamar and Brad Miller re-signed for a year, and revelations yesterday the Dees are into Luke Ball via the pre-season draft. That's if Ball, the Pies, and the Saints can't be friends.

NORTH MELB
Still looking at Lion Joel Macdonald. Little else on the table.

PORT ADELAIDE
Throwing hand grenades across the border. The problem is no one wants to go to Port, and who can blame them? They need another Hawk to sweeten the Burgoyne deal. Does that bring into play Josh Kennedy? Surely they need more. Mitch Farmer for Richmond's Jay Schulz will happen.

SYDNEY
There is no doubt it wanted Fevola. Now with him off the table, the Swans have completed the Darren Jolly deal to Collingwood. It means they will lose Hall and Jolly for picks 14 and 46. Not a great result to date. Will they make a late play with that pick 14?

ST KILDA
Saints get Brett Peake for a third-round pick. Still trying to get a deal done for Luke Ball, and it might take time. The Saints say they think the world of him, but why didn't they play him more this year? Ball won't play for the Saints again. They are a good chance to haul in Everitt as his replacement.

WEST COAST
Twiddled its thumbs yesterday as an offer from the Dogs for defender Mark Nicoski, 25, never came. A late pick should get the trade over the line as West Coast is expected to delist the out-of-contract backman if it cannot off-load him. Not interested in swapping a first-round pick for Leon Davis or Daniel Wells.

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Another big day at the kennel. Brian Lake is done, ending sleepless nights for the coach and others. No one realises just how nervous they were. Brad Johnson will play on. Aker and Eagleton will sign too. Deals on Nicoski and Everitt still in the pipeline.

DONE DEALS
MONDAY
1. North Melbourne traded Josh Gibson and picks 69 to Hawthorn for pick 25 and 41.
2. Sydney traded Amon Buchanan to Brisbane Lions for pick 28.
3. Brisbane traded Bradd Dalziell to West Coast for Brent Staker and pick 39.
4. West Coast traded Mark Seaby to Sydney for pick 22.
5. Melbourne traded Brock McLean to Carlton for pick 11.
TUESDAY
1. Sydney traded Barry Hall to the Western Bulldogs for pick 47.
2. Sydney on-traded pick 47 to Brisbane Lions. Brisbane Lionon-traded pick 39 to Sydney.
WEDNESDAY
1. Essendon traded Andrew Lovett to St Kilda for pick 16.
TO BE LODGED
1. Richmond will trade Andrew Raines (below) to Brisbane Lions for pick 44.
2. Fremantle will trade Brett Peake to St Kilda for pick 48.
3. Sydney will trade Darren Jolly to Collingwood for picks 14 and 46.

BLOG WITH JON ANDERSON FROM 11AM

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2009, 04:02:28 AM »
MELBOURNE has emerged as a potential home for Luke Ball via the pre-season draft if a deal cannot be reached between Collingwood and St Kilda.

A deal with Collingwood hinges on a player or draft pick going to St Kilda, or a possible three-club deal involving Western Bulldog Andrejs Everitt going to St Kilda and a Magpie, possibly defender Nathan Brown, going to the Bulldogs. The Australian has pick 30 going to the Bulldogs instead of a Magpie player.

Josh Fraser could now be trade bait with the Pies getting Jolly.

Essendon is posed to be the last-minute winner for disgruntled Port Adelaide vice-captain Shaun Burgoyne when AFL trade week closes tomorrow. Bombers have two first-round draft picks – Nos. 10 and 16 – ready to tempt the Power and perhaps Central District draftee, 23-year-old utility Jay Nash.

Port has baulked at the Crows demand for a 2nd round pick for Jon Griffin.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-demons-after-luke-ball-as-collingwood-magpies-deal-hits-snag/story-e6frf9ix-1225784046468
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26179600-5013406,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26181006-12428,00.html
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/fraser-could-be-trade-bait-as-pies-get-jolly/2009/10/07/1254701065580.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2009, 07:26:13 AM »

We cannot just pay the contracted ones out..there are ramifications in doing that, which btw have been explained many times!

But here we go

If any clubs de-lists any player contracted for next season, they have pay out the contract in full. That payment goes into the 2009 Salary Cap  NB: I thought it was this years but going by a story in todays HUN it appears it maybe next years - whatever it still means it impacts on what you can pay and inflates your TPP.

This means that a club could seriously face going over (read EXCEEDING) the salary cap and I think people understand what the punishment is for doing that  :banghead

It can't happen, it wont happen,

Can I make it any clearer   

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:43:25 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:25 AM »
Still cant understand why you would want an injured and injury prone player at the club, but thats your thoughts.

Tell you all what though, how about the Saints and the Lions, they have just torn up the trade market track so far. Voss must be going for it next year.

Do you remember 2001 WAT?

We'd just finished 3rd for the year.

We 'tore up' the trade market in 2001, 2002 and 2003.

We traded for Hudson, Stafford, Johnson and Nathan Brown. We also used draft picks on a lot of retreads.

Did us a lot of good didn't it?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »

100% correct
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
A poster of BF says that the Australian reports that the Swans offered us Picks 6 and 14 for pick 3 and we refused it.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »
A poster of BF says that the Australian reports that the Swans offered us Picks 6 and 14 for pick 3 and we refused it.

good! hold on to our draft picks!

:)

Ramps

« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »

If we were offered and refused  we are stupid.  Theres 2 real quality players- Scully and Trengove and they are going to Melbourne. Between pick 3 and 15 they are all pretty even. I was hoping that Port Adelaide would offer us a similar deal after doing there Burgoyne deal. Anyway, If a club offers up 2 1st rounders for 3 and 1 of the picks is a top 6 or 7 pick then we should take it.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
If they threw in O'Keefe they'd probably have a deal
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #401 on: October 08, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
SEN rumour that the Eagles could offer pick 7 to North for Daniel Wells.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »

If we were offered and refused  we are stupid.  Theres 2 real quality players- Scully and Trengove and they are going to Melbourne. Between pick 3 and 15 they are all pretty even. I was hoping that Port Adelaide would offer us a similar deal after doing there Burgoyne deal. Anyway, If a club offers up 2 1st rounders for 3 and 1 of the picks is a top 6 or 7 pick then we should take it.

Martin is not a real quality player?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: October 08, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »

If true I wonder who the Swans had earmarked for number 3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #404 on: October 08, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »
Another SEN rumour

Mark Williams to Essendon for their 2nd rounder which is then ontraded by the Hawks with pick 9 to Port for Burgoyne

Schwarz reckons we should have traded Raines for Joel MacDonald instead of grabbing pick 44.