Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 47957 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 05:47:43 PM »
SEN saying Port will put Kane Cornes on the trade table. They also mentioned Danyle Pearce and Justin Westhoff. On Adelaide radio this morning there was a fourth player named - Brett Ebert.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »
SEN saying Port will put Kane Cornes on the trade table. They also mentioned Danyle Pearce and Justin Westhoff. On Adelaide radio this morning there was a fourth player named - Brett Ebert.
wow, i was sure the Cornes family owned port adelaide...
interesting trade bate thrown up if that is all true, quiet intelligent. Each one would carry significant trade value and yet none of them are real game breakers or superstars (Kane is fair alright though). In the last decent draft in a while its a good idea to throw these soughts of guys on the table.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »

would never happen, the cornes are like the Kennedys down at PA, I hope for their sake the curse doesnt strike :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 10:08:58 PM »
Graham Cornes hates Port Adelaide (played with and coached Glenelg to two flags IIRC) but both boys listened to mum instead lol.

I can't see Kane Cornes or Ebert leaving. It could be another Laidley/McIntosh scenario where certain players are named to try and wake up the rest of the group. SEN had someone from Port on tonight and although he didn't say the whole 4 were safe he said at least couple of them won't be moving as they are contracted (not that that stops a club). It could be all a bluff but if not it might be a sign there'll be a number of trades in a month's time to try and counter the compromised draft.

For our sake we don't want too many name players on the trade table as they would lower the trade value of some of the Tigers we plan to trade such as Raines.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »
I will say it again, with all the talk on this forum about re-building and not getting older players to the club, every player in this thread mentioned on the trade table is too old to be part of the re-building phase.

Now let's waith for the consistant peoples reply ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »
First-round draft choice Marcus Drum will not play for Fremantle again. Drum, the No. 10 selection in the 2005 national draft, is keen to be traded during next month's official exchange period.

The Dockers have yet to announce their de-listings, but Andrew Browne, Daniel Gilmore and Josh Head will not be offered new contracts, while forwards Adam Campbell and Ryan Murphy and midfielder Brett Peake are expected to explore opportunities elsewhere. Paul Hasleby's future remains undecided.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/5908066/trade-option-last-drum-roll-at-dockers/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »
Brent Staker has told the Eagles he wants to be traded.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/84124/default.aspx

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 05:40:19 PM »

His never been the same since Hally hooked him  ;D

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »

His never been the same since Hally hooked him  ;D

Reminds me of Sumich after Southern choked him.  He never really came back after that, I suppose it takes the fun out of it and it stops becoming a game.  Shane Wakelin said on SEN that he kept one eye on Barry all the time when he played him after Barry came back from clocking Staker. I know I would.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »
Shane Wakelin said on SEN that he kept one eye on Barry all the time when he played him after Barry came back from clocking Staker. I know I would.

Shane Wakelin was a squib of the highest order who faked a hit from Hall and then went public complaining about it.  P-weak.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 11:25:29 PM »
Hall was prone to brain fades on the footy field though so you can't blame him for being squeamish. He was a Wakelin sister after all. :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
First-round draft choice Marcus Drum will not play for Fremantle again. Drum, the No. 10 selection in the 2005 national draft, is keen to be traded during next month's official exchange period.

The Dockers have yet to announce their de-listings, but Andrew Browne, Daniel Gilmore and Josh Head will not be offered new contracts, while forwards Adam Campbell and Ryan Murphy and midfielder Brett Peake are expected to explore opportunities elsewhere. Paul Hasleby's future remains undecided.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/5908066/trade-option-last-drum-roll-at-dockers/

Peake for Pettifer, actually Polo&Pettifer could go for Peake, I think he has a lot to offer.... Peake that is.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

Peake for Pettifer, actually Polo&Pettifer could go for Peake, I think he has a lot to offer.... Peake that is.
I know Freo challenge us for the dumbest trades and recruiting but I don't think even they would be that dumb  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2009, 12:14:40 AM »

I know Freo challenge us for the dumbest trades and recruiting but I don't think even they would be that dumb  ;D.

You never know OE You never know.... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2009, 06:57:12 AM »
I'm not a Peake fan to be honest - don't think he would bring enough to the table to be worth trading Polo for - Pettifer on the other hand........................