Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 47983 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 01:39:12 PM »
I thought Jackson was quite upset because he wanted Selwood with that pick.

Correct-o.  Jackson very much wanted Selwood but Terry and Greg, in their wisdom decision Jackson couldn't be able to use that pick because they wanted McMahon and duly threw pick 19 away.  :banghead

But isn't Jackson the one some want to sack because he is to blame for every poor recruiting decision in the past 5 years?   ::)

who said every decision???

its not entirely his fault but some of the decisions made since his arrival in 2005 has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Maybe those fools Miller and Wallace had the final say but if he is employed to source talent he has a funny way of showing it.

lets see which duds he picks up this year
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »
I thought Jackson was quite upset because he wanted Selwood with that pick.

Correct-o.  Jackson very much wanted Selwood but Terry and Greg, in their wisdom decision Jackson couldn't be able to use that pick because they wanted McMahon and duly threw pick 19 away.  :banghead

But isn't Jackson the one some want to sack because he is to blame for every poor recruiting decision in the past 5 years?   ::)

who said every decision???

its not entirely his fault but some of the decisions made since his arrival in 2005 has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Maybe those fools Miller and Wallace had the final say but if he is employed to source talent he has a funny way of showing it.

lets see which duds he picks up this year

where is the talent he sourced  ;D

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
Hardly his fault when he was doing our recruiting by himself in addition to his other roles at the club

Not sure what results you expect from that kind of resourcing.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
He gets blamed for descisions that were often taken out of hands, not reasnable in my book

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »
He gets blamed for descisions that were often taken out of hands, not reasnable in my book

Hey Camboon, don't let reasonable get in the road of opinions based on blind ignorant prejudice.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 08:17:21 PM »

Hey Camboon, don't let reasonable get in the road of opinions based on blind ignorant prejudice.

What makes you guys such an expert on the role of Francis Jackson?

He played a role in the key drafts of 2005 and 2006 whether you like to believe it or not.

if he wasn't involved or had recruiting duties taken away from him, then why the stuff is he on our payroll.

I understand Miller and Wallace had most say, but we look like even more fools if our head recruiter has no say in the end on who we recruit to the club. :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »

He hasn't been there since 2005....  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »

part time in 2005, Full Time in 2006.

im sure i read that.

correct me if im wrong by all means

i dont think he hs done anything special. You look at other clubs and how they find guns in 3rd and 4th rounders.

He has been in the system for 4/5 years now and has yet to deliver us a 3rd or 4th rounder that is yet to show serious potential, apart from Collins, Post that may come on in a few years or even next year.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »

He has been in the system for 4/5 years now and has yet to deliver us a 3rd or 4th rounder that is yet to show serious potential, apart from Collins, Post that may come on in a few years or even next year.

Its a bit soon 2 be writing off Connors.

And Post 2nd round, not 3rd.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »
I like Jack, Edwards could be (shut up Daniel), Connors maybe, Collins showed something, Cotchin gun (easy), Rance shows something (Daaaniel, I warned you), Putt jury out, Vickery, Post something to work with.

I love the fact that Jack, Vickers and Posty all look like natural footballers. Keep it coming Jacko.

All up, I'd say that the development of these players, physically and team wise is way off. While that is partly the responsibility of the players - as 20 yo men - they need to be guided, developed and pushed by the coaching, strength and conditioning team.

And that group are world's worst.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ramps

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
Big draft coming up.

Needs 2 key forwards + 195cm
Needs 1 ruck
Needs 1 key defender +195cm
Needs 2 midfielders + 184cm and about 80ks. No midgets, No rakes. Above all 1 has to have heaps of class
Needs 3 goal kicking flankers.

You can never have enough blokes who can kick goals. So thats hopefully 9 teenagers coming onto the list

another 3 or 4 State League players to round out about 13 or 14 changes to the list.

Needs to find some class players this year does FJ or we are knackered.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:52 AM »
has yet to deliver us a 3rd or 4th rounder that is yet to show serious potential, apart from Collins, Post that may come on in a few years or even next year.
So he's yet to deliver a 3rd or 4th rounder with serious potential except for the ones he has?

Pretty hard when they are the picks that have been traded away on him, hardly his fault there

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2009, 03:34:34 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Josh Gibson walks out on North
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2009, 05:44:39 PM »
Josh Gibson has walked out on North. He's out of contract and wants to go to Hawthorn who have offered him a 3 year deal.

Ramps

Re: Josh Gibson walks out on North
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
Josh Gibson has walked out on North. He's out of contract and wants to go to Hawthorn who have offered him a 3 year deal.

North should force him into the PSD and to Melbourne then we can concentrate on getting a big name via the PSD