Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 48024 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Burgoyne requests trade to Victoria (afl site)
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »
Burgoyne requests trade to Victoria
8:13 PM Mon 14 September, 2009

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Port Adelaide midfielder Shaun Burgoyne has requested to be traded to an unspecified Melbourne-based club.

Port Adelaide football operations manager Peter Rohde met with Burgoyne’s manager on Monday morning where the request was tabled.

“Shaun Burgoyne and his manager informed us this morning that he would like to be traded to a Melbourne-based club. At this stage no particular club has been identified," Rohde said.

“Our position is that Shaun is a required player and that he will only be traded if a favourable trade for the Port Adelaide Football Club is forthcoming

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/84710/default.aspx

Jackstar is back

Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:00 PM »
I would move mountains if I were Richmond to get him.
Give them players etc etc. He is superstar,
Give them Tuck , Schulz and a late draft pick

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »
What for? He's too old for us
Talk about selling our future for a short term fix
I cannot grasp how you act like you do toward the club and how its drafted and then want us to chase someone like Burgoyne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2009, 11:15:14 PM »
Yep sadly Burgoyne at 26 will be wasting his time coming to Richmond. The only way we would consider him is if he walked for free into the PSD but given Melbourne are interested in Burgoyne then we'd miss out that way as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »
Australian tomorrow says Burgoyne is chasing $2m over 4 years. The Adelaide Advertiser has him going to Hawthorn.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2009, 04:53:52 AM »
SHAUN Burgoyne will be in Melbourne in the next 48 hours to entertain pitches from a select group of Melbourne-based clubs who are expected to compete for his brilliance with offers as significant as $2million over four years.

The 26-year-old midfielder officially severed his ties with Port Adelaide yesterday, informing the club of his decision to leave and resume his 157-game career in Melbourne, preferably with a club where he has relationships with some of the players or staff.

This would seem to put Hawthorn, Melbourne and Richmond into consideration, with Hawks coach Alastair Clarkson an assistant at Port in 2004, Melbourne coach Dean Bailey also an assistant with the club for six seasons and Damien Hardwick, Richmond's new senior coach, a premiership player with Burgoyne in 2004.

It is understood that Burgoyne's manager spoke with several Melbourne clubs to arrange meetings in the Victorian capital from tomorrow.

An early first-round draft pick and a good player could be required to settle the matter unless one of the bottom clubs is able to cut Port out of the equation by convincing Burgoyne to make his way out through the pre-season draft for nothing.

Melbourne has first pick in the national and pre-season drafts, Richmond pick three in the national and two in the pre-season.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26072778-5013406,00.html

FREMANTLE yesterday remained adamant that fullback Chris Tarrant would not be traded back to a Melbourne-based club, despite continued speculation that he wants to return for family reasons.

The forward-turned-defender has just completed his best season in three years with the Dockers and is under contract until the end of 2010. Hawthorn, St Kilda and Carlton, three clubs in search of a key defender during next month's player-exchange period, said they had not factored in the possibility of recruiting Tarrant for next season.

Tarrant's high price tag, plus his age -- he turns 29 this week -- were reasons given by the Hawks, the Saints and the Blues for their lack of interest in the former Collingwood forward, who was an All-Australian in 2003.

Despite the realisation that Tarrant may want to return to Victoria after he completes his current contract with Fremantle, the Dockers yesterday returned a firm "no" about fielding any interest in him from rival clubs.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26072790-5013406,00.html

Jackstar is back

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2009, 06:51:24 AM »
I cannot grasp how you act like you do toward the club and how its drafted and then want us to chase someone like Burgoyne

Just shows you have no idea.
If we traded 2 players and a pick, Say Tuck Schulz etc.
You are basically getting and extra pick by moving 2 players on.
I have no problem with getting rid of a player like Tuck and replacing him with a player the same age who is  star.
I have seen more of Burgoyne than any of you nuffers, if he came to punt rd, he would be in our best 3. he is a gun player

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2009, 07:00:46 AM »
I have no problem with getting rid of a player like Tuck and replacing him with a player the same age who is  star.
I have seen more of Burgoyne than any of you nuffers, if he came to punt rd, he would be in our best 3. he is a gun player

Yeah you may class him as a gun player but would he still be a gun player if he came to a poor team like Richmond?

At Port he was surrounded by some very very good players; wouldn't happen at Richmond

I don't care how good he is I don't think based on what the RFC are saying they are trying to do he fits into our long term plans. And the facts are we have to start thinking long term and not the short medium term
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2009, 07:20:07 AM »

So was Browny when he came to us! We rebuild from scratch now, not in half measures in the past! Gee Jack, cant you remember how peeved you were/are at the McMahon trade?

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2009, 07:34:15 AM »
Agreed, Burgoyne will look a worse player at Richmond due to the lack of support.

Plus there's no way in hell Tuck, Schulz and a late pick would get the deal done.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »
Agreed, Burgoyne will look a worse player at Richmond due to the lack of support.

Alternatively he'd make a lot of our players look better.

S.Burgoyne is a gun and when fit? is one of the best players in the competition.

Any list manager worth their salt would be out of their tree not to look closely at him. He still might have 5-8 years left of very good football.

If he wants to come to us via the PSD he'll be welcome with open arms but we won't be giving up pick 3 that's for sure.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2009, 10:12:07 AM »

Yeah you may class him as a gun player but would he still be a gun player if he came to a poor team like Richmond?

At Port he was surrounded by some very very good players; wouldn't happen at Richmond

I don't care how good he is I don't think based on what the RFC are saying they are trying to do he fits into our long term plans. And the facts are we have to start thinking long term and not the short medium term

He has silky skills, as good as Cousins :thumbsup

Jackstar is back

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »

Alternatively he'd make a lot of our players look better.

S.Burgoyne is a gun and when fit? is one of the best players in the competition.

Any list manager worth their salt would be out of their tree not to look closely at him. He still might have 5-8 years left of very good football.

If he wants to come to us via the PSD he'll be welcome with open arms but we won't be giving up pick 3 that's for sure.

Thank you :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You really do live in an alternate universe, this post is proof

Jackstar is back

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You really do live in an alternate universe, this post is proof

One thing for certain , the people at Punt Rd continue to make mistakes.
Why would they delist Brown and Coghlan when they could offered them as trade. :banghead
Burgoyne is worth going after.
He aint a Kent Kingsley, Jordon McMahon or a Patrick Bowden. ::)
Want dont you like about my post??
Just shows you are one of the many nuffers who have little idea.
Burgoyne is a quality person on and off the ground.
Could you imagine him and Cousins rotating through the midfield next year to complement the likes of Foley, Lids ,Jacskon,Collins.  How good will Cotchin be
Instead of bagging me you CLOWN, go and have a close look at his tapes.