Author Topic: Trade week rumours and innuendo  (Read 48060 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week rumours and innuendo
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »
Haven't we learn anything from our past mistakes. Tradeing away picks for payers in their twilight of their careers only gets us nowhere = 9th.

If you are going to rebuild you cant import so called stars into the club as you end up missing out on good kids and stifling the developmnet of the kids.

Suck it up, we are going to have to put up with some real pain in the next few years if we want to be a decent club again.  The Melb and WC model seems to be the models being applauded.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »
One thing for certain , the people at Punt Rd continue to make mistakes.
Why would they delist Brown and Coghlan when they could offered them as trade. :banghead

The Swans can still trade Barry Hall can't they?

If 4 teams are interested in Browny then a team may look to trade for him because they will miss him in the PSD.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
are they actually delisted? or are have they just been told, you are not playing for Richmond anymore?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »
Why would they delist Brown and Coghlan when they could offered them as trade. :banghead

They haven't been officially delisted as yet because the first list lodgement for 2009-2010 isn't due until after trade week. They have been told they wont be offered another contract but are still contracted until the 31/10/09

Therefore, the 2 players you mentioned are still RFC players until they are either 1/ traded or 2/ de-listed

So we can happily trade then during trade week if someone wants them and are prepared to trade for them - which I doubt
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #124 on: September 15, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »

They haven't been officially delisted as yet because the first list lodgement for 2009-2010 isn't due until after trade week. They have been told they wont be offered another contract but are still contracted until the 31/10/09

Therefore, the 2 players you mentioned are still RFC players until they are either 1/ traded or 2/ de-listed

So we can happily trade then during trade week if someone wants them and are prepared to trade for them - which I doubt

so we can trade Brown and Coughlan.

i can't see anyone taking Coughlan, but Brown maybe.

any draft pick would be good for Brown.

:)

Jackstar is back

« Reply #125 on: September 15, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »
With List Management, I have no problem getting rid of a 30 year old and replacing him with a 26 yo.
You cant have a list made up of  mostly under 25

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: September 15, 2009, 02:39:31 PM »
It has nothing to do with how good he is and everything to do with what it will cost to get him
It will take an early to mid first round pick plus more for starters
Not to mention he'll be approaching retirement when we are pushing into the finals

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
PORT Adelaide has not given up hope of retaining star onballer Shaun Burgoyne next season, says football manager Peter Rohde.

Rohde said the issue was “far from decided” and suggested the club was willing to play hardball and risk losing the out-of-contract vice-captain for nothing, if a suitable deal could not be reached.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/84773/default.aspx

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »

so we can trade Brown and Coughlan.

Yes

i can't see anyone taking Coughlan, but Brown maybe.

any draft pick would be good for Brown.

:)

Agreed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2009, 04:06:19 AM »
Burgoyne didn't want to meet us despite the connection he has via Hardwick.....

SHAUN Burgoyne has cut to three the number of Melbourne clubs he is prepared to consider joining next year.

Melbourne, Hawthorn and Essendon have all been told they are on the shortlist of clubs the 26-year-old midfielder wants to speak to by the end of the week about a move for next year.

The skillful All-Australian and Port Adelaide vice-captain is likely to earn up to $600,000 a year for up to four years under any new contract.

Five other Melbourne clubs that expressed interest in the midfielder were told yesterday that he was not interested in discussing a trade.

Burgoyne had a connection also to Richmond through new coach and former teammate Damien Hardwick, but he did not seek to meet with the Tigers.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/burgoyne-shortlists-three-clubs/2009/09/15/1252780313762.html

The papers today also say that Essendon will try some swap of Lovett for Burgoyne.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2009, 09:06:56 AM »

Good!

I wonder if it has anything to do with Hardwick's attitude towards indigenous players?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2009, 10:35:42 AM »

Good!

I wonder if it has anything to do with Hardwick's attitude towards indigenous players?

Please explain.... ???

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
Stripes, some coaches think that Indigenous players need to be dealt with more carefully (no shouting / letting them go at their own pace) in order for them to properly develop.  Hardwick thinks that all players should be treated equally.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »
Stripes, some coaches think that Indigenous players need to be dealt with more carefully (no shouting / letting them go at their own pace) in order for them to properly develop.  Hardwick thinks that all players should be treated equally.
Yep that's it.

Ramps

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2009, 11:28:05 AM »

Did Maurice Rioli ever have to be treated with kid gloves or Michael Long at Essendon etc. Our players dont need to be treated with kid gloves, its survival of the fittest in a dog eat dog world. Hardwick cant afford to be nice, he just needs to do his job to the best of his ability.