Author Topic: Where is the list at?  (Read 13027 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Where is the list at?
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »
Is it just me OR does

Mcguane
Thursfield
Moore
Rance
Silvester

All seem to be "cut from the same cloth".(reliable & honest but limited)

Do we need really need all 5 on the list next year ? There has to be a potential trade somewhere....

What would Moore be worth at the trade table ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2009, 06:23:38 PM »
as long as Rance is not the one to leave

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 09:27:30 PM »
Tony Shaw on Foxsports:

"Richmond have 18 players that need to retire or move on. They have blokes who just aren't good enough to play at senior level."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25958354-23209,00.html

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:24 PM »
Tony Shaw on Foxsports:

"Richmond have 18 players that need to retire or move on. They have blokes who just aren't good enough to play at senior level."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25958354-23209,00.html

And Foxtel have a number of commentators that need to retire or move on.  They have blokes who just aren't good enough to commentate at senior level.

:wallywink

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
I don't think the system allows for 18 changes in a single year Tony  :wallywink. 12 is a more realistic number (including rookies) but that all depends of how many and what type of draft picks we end up with. No point offloading 18 players and then using picks 80,81,82,83,84 and 85 to replace the last 6 of them. You need most of your picks at the top end of the draft where most of the quality kids are. A priority pick would've been handy but we've been down that discussion path in other threads  :-\.

Funny that King's disposal efficiency was by far the best of the entire side against the Pies
Only had one ineffective
His job yesterday was to tag Didak who had 30 possies and kicked 2 goals. All Malthouse had to do was push Didak forward and Kingy was no match. While Richmond believes Kingy types belong on our list then we remain a bottom side. He should have been lucky to survive last year yet the Club gives him a 2-year contract  ??? and then he spent 10 weeks in the VFL this year until Rawlings brought him back as part of playing the whole list. At 25 if you're not a certain best 22 AFL standard footballer then it should be good-bye. Playing one or two decent games a year doesn't cut it. Kingy not the only one in that boat mind you.

Craig Cameron has some big list decisions coming up to prove his worth. If he repeats the list management stuff ups of October/November last year then he should go as well.
King had a complete ankle reconstruction over the preseason, it's not surprising that he took some time getting back into the senior side
I agree he's not part of a premiership side, however theres definitely a spot on the list for him next season, he's been the only player other than Richo & Cousins who doesn't stop trying all game
But Richo and Cousins back up trying their all with A-grade AFL talent over their entire career. That's why they have been champions. Kingy is VFL standard and was before his ankle injury. We don't need VFL triers taking up spots on our list. They are simple list cloggers. Now you're right Infamy that Kingy will most likely get a spot on our list in 2010 but only because he's contracted  :P. However if another club was interested in him I would trade him.
Not every player can be as good as Richo & Cousins, it would be nice if all our players were. I really don't understand some of what can only be called hatred towards King. He may not be the most skilled player out there but he busts his ass out there for the RFC and I think its sad that people still have him at the top of their lists to get rid of. He's shown something as a tagger since mid-season, to the point now that there are easily 10 players that need to go before he does.
I don't hate Kingy personally. I just don't rate him as an AFL standard footballer that is part of our future. There's a difference between hating and not rating. Just like JON. He's one of the friendliest players you'll ever meet and he always has time to talk to supporters. Too bad he can't play footy at this level and should never have been a top 10 pick  :P. We all know deep down these threads are about people's lives, careers and futures but the reality is that decisions on who stays and goes need to be made for the Club to eventually get out of the mire it is in. Some of those decisions will be harsh but necessary.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Its amazing how many wooden spoon coaches are in the media offering "expert comments"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »
Not to mention all the former Richmond coaches  :P. They say coaching Richmond is a poor career choice. Well it hasn't been in the past 20 years for our last four coaches as well as KB. Four are cemented in the media and the other is umpires coach. The media must have a loose definition of the word "expert".

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »
Is it just me OR does

Mcguane
Thursfield
Moore
Rance
Silvester

Do we need really need all 5 on the list next year ? There has to be a potential trade somewhere....

Silvester is a rookie. He either has to be promoted to the senior list next year or delisted.

I would say one of the main issues with the list is not so much with our talls (many of who are still young) but that we have too many lightly framed smalls in the one side. Especially when they are played in the defensive third of the ground. It's not just a "live in the gym and eat stacks of protein" solution either. Hard to turn sub 6 footers weighing mid 70kgs into contested ballwinners. Too easily knocked off the ball in dispute or crunched when they have it in traffic because they don't have the size and strength to stand up in a tackle. Probably more the type in excess we should be looking to trade away.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2009, 07:28:39 AM »
Is it just me OR does

Mcguane
Thursfield
Moore
Rance
Silvester

Silvester is a rookie. He either has to be promoted to the senior list next year or delisted.

I would say one of the main issues with the list is not so much with our talls (many of who are still young) but that we have too many lightly framed smalls in the one side. Especially when they are played in the defensive third of the ground. It's not just a "live in the gym and eat stacks of protein" solution either. Hard to turn sub 6 footers weighing mid 70kgs into contested ballwinners. Too easily knocked off the ball in dispute or crunched when they have it in traffic because they don't have the size and strength to stand up in a tackle. Probably more the type in excess we should be looking to trade away.

Correct. to have Edwards and McMahon laying tackles in D 50 is near non existent

Tigermonk

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2009, 07:38:40 AM »
tackling  :rollin McMahon was smashed over front on several times last night  :rollin
he is the worst footballer l have ever seen in my life.  :banghead
l reckon the tackle bag would beat that idiot up fair dinkum his the biggest joke in the AFL

Jackstar is back

« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »
tackling  :rollin McMahon was smashed over front on several times last night  :rollin
he is the worst footballer l have ever seen in my life.  :banghead
l reckon the tackle bag would beat that effer up fair dinkum his the biggest joke in the AFL

I seen a first last night.
I reckon McMahon thought he saw ""witches hats "' in front of him, and he actually try to dodge one of them, otherwise I cannot explain what he was doing. :banghead

bushranger

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »
I think we are lucky to have those wins and this putting us in a higher position on the ladder than we really should be.
In saying this without thise we really should be the wooden spooner's. Not that I want that but this is how we are playing.
So this put our list as a head case.
And we need someone strong minded to knock that crap out of our list.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2009, 09:31:43 AM »
Is it just me OR does

Correct. to have Edwards and McMahon laying tackles in D 50 is near non existent

Edwards slowly becoming one of the worst footballers on our list.

wouldn't get a game at Oakleigh Charges with those weak tackles and defensive pressure he shows. he is weak as pee.

what makes me laugh is Davis smashed him last week to the tune of 4 goals yet some on here who have no idea about Football say Edwards played a better game. :banghead  Sadly i think the Match commitee think the same way.

Edwards to be traded. i have no doubt we will get something for him. maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »
Tell you who I would trade.
Daniel Jackson.
He will win the B & F and have some value,
With Foley ,collins and Cotchin back next year.
Jackson is the one,
His turnovers last night killed us.

bushranger

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2009, 09:43:40 AM »
Disagree with letting Jackson go.
He is a futrue leader I think and to throw the baby out with the bath water would just be another kick in the backside to us all.
Yes I like him a lot and think he has more than a future with us.