Author Topic: Rd 22 - Vs West Coast  (Read 5145 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Rd 22 - Vs West Coast
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 11:25:18 PM »
Thomson= Hopeless

What did he do?

He spectatored for the first half, thats what he did. AINT UP TO IT,
 And please no one make excuses for him, ::)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 12:00:14 AM »
Is it too late to sack Rawlings? Jade the Blade or Rawlings the maulings?

ROFLMAO

I'd love it if they kicked him out of the box and sacked him at half time.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
Thomson= Hopeless

What did he do?

He spectatored for the first half, thats what he did. AINT UP TO IT,
And please no one make excuses for him, ::)

Did he do 1 thing wrong when he had the ball?  He was used only sparingly.

Ramps

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 12:19:13 AM »
Edwards, Cousins, Deledio good - the rest mostly rubbish. Just disgraceful the state that Wallace has left us in.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
Edwards, Cousins, Deledio good - the rest mostly rubbish. Just disgraceful the state that Wallace has left us in.
Yep can't disagree with those three. More passengers in Y&B at Subi last night than on their flight back to Melbourne.

I know the list is poor and our footskills are shocking but the shear lack of basic game structure and strategy just dumbfounds me. It's probably no different to other bottom sides but often it feels like Richmond plays a different game to the other 15 clubs. Hardwick is not only going to have to clean out the list but also strip the whole way we play back to scratch and start again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »
I had a huge debate with a mate of mine over who is better Melbourne or Richmond

Looking at both lists extensively. I had no argument the fact we have 5players above 31 shoots the argument straight away. Melbourne have about 6 or 7 players under 20 that have debuted yet.

We have 1 - Putt.

We need to draft no less than 8 teenagers this draft. Simple as that.
Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:23 AM »
I had a huge debate with a mate of mine over who is better Melbourne or Richmond

Looking at both lists extensively. I had no argument the fact we have 5players above 31 shoots the argument straight away. Melbourne have about 6 or 7 players under 20 that have debuted yet.

We have 1 - Putt.

Last 3 years I talked about the 2nd wave needed to ensure successful rebuild. Wallace never did it. We are atleast 10 junior players short so yes I agree 8 teenagers is the minimum, Id probably go for 10 and hope that 5 or 6 make it.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 06:34:12 AM »

We have 1 - Putt.

Last 3 years I talked about the 2nd wave needed to ensure successful rebuild. Wallace never did it. We are atleast 10 junior players short so yes I agree 8 teenagers is the minimum, Id probably go for 10 and hope that 5 or 6 make it.
No surprise though. We only drafted 13 kids in the past 4 National drafts and only 5 in the past two of them  :banghead. Our recruiting philosophy is damning. So much for truly turning over and rebuilding our list. We deserve to be rubbish because it's all our own fault through mismanagement of the footy dept. at virtually all levels. Let's wait and see if the RFC have finally seen the light in the next 3.5 months. As Popelord said we need to use all our picks on kids.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Just on another matter, Dean Polo - now Dean is no star, just an ordinary player, but geez ... Ive never seen someone try and do themselves out of a place on a playing list like Deans effort last night. What was that? 2004 Draft was just a complete Disgrace. Miller and Wallace have almost finished the club.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
Tambling has had his doubters in the past and if Lids decides the grass is greener somewhere else, unless Patto is retained which he probably won't be we may lose all of those 5 top 20 picks we had back in Nov 2004.

It's official The Dried Sultana and Miller the Malaka have left the clubs playing stocks in a more dire state than what Danny did.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:31 AM »
Tambling has had his doubters in the past and if Lids decides the grass is greener somewhere else, unless Patto is retained which he probably won't be we may lose all of those 5 top 20 picks we had back in Nov 2004.

It's official The Dried Sultana and Miller the Malaka have left the clubs playing stocks in a more dire state than what Danny did.

Tucker if hardwick wants to be in this game and survive as a coach one thinks the first thing he will be telling cameron is get lids signed up.

If lids goes we are so stuffed its not funny. he is our best player by the length of the straight.

can you imagine what he would be like in a good team. FFS he has no support at all from anyone.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 11:24:30 AM »

Tucker if hardwick wants to be in this game and survive as a coach one thinks the first thing he will be telling cameron is get lids signed up.

If lids goes we are so stuffed its not funny. he is our best player by the length of the straight.

can you imagine what he would be like in a good team. FFS he has no support at all from anyone.

That's why Lids might want to go. Would he want to go down the path of another 3 years of rebuild and seasons with very few wins and lack of success.
The next two years will yield us maybe a couple more than 10 wins combined. If he stays it will be on a 3 yr deal you would think. He's already sat through the futility of a 5 year plan. Will he want to sit through another 3 years of rebuilding. In 2013 he will be 25 and at the peak of his powers. Can he wait that long and if the rebuild actually works. His second half of the year was almost in direct contrast to his first. As if auditioning for another club or trying to add value to his current contract. We lose Lids we are stuffed. May as well trade Cotchin then too and hopefully get the first 15 picks and start the list the club the everything from scratch. Club is stuffed in the short term at least whether Lids stays or not. Next 18 months are critical.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »
Two 80+ point hidings to bookend our year and alot of crap footy in the 20 weeks in between. Thank God season 2009 for the RFC is now officially over. With Hardwick there and the imminent delistings and change in our list I can regain the hope that was so cruelly lost at quarter to 8 on the 26th of March.

Agree Tucker, I thought last night (or was it this morning ;D). .....

How appropriate we end the season the same we started it! Sums it up really doesn't it? Pathetic round 1 and pathetic in round 22

Actually the flight home summed up our season. I was booked on the red-eye home as was the team. Scheduled to leave 12.30am Perth time (2.30 melb time). Get to airport the plan is delayed wont be leaving until just before 2.00am perth time .... it was like our season... one moment of pain (read stuff up) after another ... got in the this morning at 7.00am..

On a personally note I am glad it is over but at least I know I kept my promise to my mate and I did see all 22 games live...

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)